Thread: Can't unlock HTC MyTouch Google Android

Thanks

Question Can't unlock HTC MyTouch Google Android

I bought a phone on Ebay US and brought it out with me here to India. It started up fine. but when I put in SIm cards it would shut down after half an hour on any service provider. Had it unlocked with itnernational unlocking software but it still won't go more than half an hour. If it is blocked from the US then is there any hope to get it unblocked by the service provider there? Lo

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can't unlock HTC MyTouch Google Android

If it is locked to a particular service provider, then you might be able to get it unlocked, probably by the service provider the 'phone is tied to.

If it is blocked, because it has been reported as stolen, then no - and attempts to do so or to change the characteristics of a stolen phone (such as changing the IMEI number, to enable it to be used, is an offence under UK law, and also under some other jurisdictions. The fact that it works for a brief period would tend to suggest (to me) that it is being blocked, once your local service provider identifies it as 'suspect'. Phones that are tied to a prticular service provider's SIM usually present an error message during the power up routines.

And you bought the 'phone on Ebay... did it work in the US before you exported it?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

No I had it sent over to Inda and it booted up fine so I sent a good report for the person who sold it to me on Ebay . That transacton is no longer on ebay. Any way to track the person down?

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

You could raise a dispute with E bay, stating the facts. As for whether you will get anything back - hard to say. If you paid by Paypal, it is a possinility, but I'd say it was a slim one.

If the phone is legitimate, there is a possibility that the unlocking software failed.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Doesn't sound locked if it's working for the first 30 minutes or so. Phones that are locked won't let you use other sims in them, and I've never heard of one that lets you use the wrong sim for 30 minutes. It'd probably say the sim was being blocked, rather than just shutdown.

I've never encountered a phone that's been blocked by the network, but I'd imagine they'd block it as soon as it tries to log onto the network when you turn it on, not after 30 minutes.

Sounds like the phone is damaged to me. Maybe overheating?
    Quote Originally Posted by w3bbo View Post
    Scan, like any other busty retailer...

Thanks

I really appreciate all the comments. The repair guys say its not damaged but they can't unlock it. first guy tried local unlocking software. No luck. Second guy tried it with international unlocking and same results.

Thread Information