Thread: US telecom provider, PSTN internetional call forward 866 numbers to UK

Registered+
    Thanks

Question US telecom provider, PSTN internetional call forward 866 numbers to UK

Hi everyone

I'm currently dealing with a small business based in the UK where most of their customers are in the US. As a result they have a pair of toll free 1-866 numbers that they give to customers so they can contact them for free.
    These 1-866 numbers just forward to their UK landline office tel/fax numbers.

The current provider (Daisy Communications in the UK) of the international call forwarding has decided that they want to increase our call forwarding charges by 1100%. They are a complete nightmare to deal with. The original reseller they bought these 866 numbers from has been bought out several times and now the bills come from these Daisy people. But there are another 3 levels of company (that I know of) above that before you hit the root RespOrg (responsible organisation) for these 1-866 numbers (Verizon Business in the US apparently).

So I'm in the market to port the pair of 1-866 numbers to a new provider, preferably US based. US based because they tend to be more familiar with porting 1-866 numbers. A few UK companies I've mentioned this to haven't had a clue where to start.

The only service we need is call forwarding over PSTN, not over IP (eg: SIP trunks).

We have an Asterisk IP phone system but I want the transatlantic hop of these calls to be over traditional PSTN (even though it is more expensive) to keep latency to an absolute minimum.
    We only put through about 100-400 minutes per month so we're a low traffic customer.
    I want these numbers to be reliable, with dropped calls being a rarity not the norm.

Most providers seem to offer only IP-based call forwarding and the quality of the SIP trunks I've tested so far has been too poor or added a slight bit of extra latency which makes it noticeable and annoying to deal with.

So anyone got any recommendations for any US telecoms providers/resellers who offer PSTN international call forwarding, are happy to deal with a UK-based company and have the ability to port 866 toll free numbers (change of RespOrg)?
    East coast companies slightly preferred because of closer time difference to the UK.

Cheers, B

Thanks

Re: US telecom provider, PSTN internetional call forward 866 numbers to UK

It’s really shocking that they are increasing your charges by 1100%. I think you should search on internet for some other service providers. I am sure by doing this you will get a reliable and affordable service provider.

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB unlimited

Re: US telecom provider, PSTN internetional call forward 866 numbers to UK

Moved by me and help tag added, might get more response.
    Cheers, David

Thread Information