Thread: Grrrrr..Dabs.com!! Help needed....

Thanks

Angry Grrrrr..Dabs.com!! Help needed....

I'm not very happy!!

Yesterday morning ordered a 74gb Raptor & 300gig DiamondMax10 hard drives from Dabs.com (to be delivered next day before 12pm), received an email in the afternoon to confirm address as they said it didn't match the one associated with my debit card (which was strange as it was my home address)..........plus they had also taken the money out of my account.

Emailed them a few more times to confirm my address and phone number, plus to find out if the delivery will happen as I had taken a day off work to build my new system. This morning been checking the status online and still it says "awaiting card issuer clearance"..........even though I have sent them 3 emails confirming stuff.

Does anyone have a phone number for Dabs as I cannot find one anywhere on their stupid site.

Sorry.........my rant is over now

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    Quote Originally Posted by nogimmix
    I'm not very happy!!

Yesterday morning ordered a 74gb Raptor & 300gig DiamondMax10 hard drives from Dabs.com (to be delivered next day before 12pm), received an email in the afternoon to confirm address as they said it didn't match the one associated with my debit card (which was strange as it was my home address)..........plus they had also taken the money out of my account.

Emailed them a few more times to confirm my address and phone number, plus to find out if the delivery will happen as I had taken a day off work to build my new system. This morning been checking the status online and still it says "awaiting card issuer clearance"..........even though I have sent them 3 emails confirming stuff.

Does anyone have a phone number for Dabs as I cannot find one anywhere on their stupid site.

I had a similar prob with Dabs recently, ended up cancelling the order & re-placing it. Solved the prob but their customer communication is rubbish!
    Never did find a number to call myself either.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 0iD
    I had a similar prob with Dabs recently, ended up cancelling the order & re-placing it. Solved the prob but their customer communication is rubbish!
    Never did find a number to call myself either.
    When you cancelled did they refund your card straight away?

At this time I should be building my lovely new system!! Will not be ordering with Dab's again after this.

Thanks
    I'm not very happy!!

I am having virtually the exact same problem today. Ordered a few bits off them for my new system yesterday for next day delivery. They then informed me by email that the payment had been declined later yesterday afternoon. I got hold of the card issuer who said no payments had been declined by them so I emailed Dabs back saying try payment again. I also updated my account with another card saying try that if the payment was declined again. Got round to the evening, and the status was stuck on "awaiting response from customer". I sent them a rather annoyed email, mainly because of their lack of urgency. If someone has paid for next day delivery and there is a threat that thats not going to happen unless a problem is rectified (ie payment problems / address problems) why the hell can't they contact by phone allowing the situation to be resolved immediately? why even bother taking a contact phone number when you place an order if all your ever going to do is email

I now have a load of stuff being delivered on a day I have taken off work to allow me to get all this stuff, but with the Dabs stuff not arriving on time. As for contact number, they do not appear to list one anywhere at all. If you do get hold of one, please post it as I would love to have a little conversation with them

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    When you cancelled did they refund your card straight away?

At this time I should be building my lovely new system!! Will not be ordering with Dab's again after this.
    Yes they did. Very elusive people tho.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks
    i found a phone number once while i was getting my 6800 ultra hold on ill search for it yes Dabs are T%$£S
    AMD 4200 laptop with Go 7900GTX and a ASUS P4P 800, 3.0Ghz P4, 2gb RAM, 480 Therm PSU, X1950Pro, Maxtor 7,200 200GB SATA dvdr/w etc plus a girlie blue glowing case! 8meg asdl

Thanks
    try 0870 429 3010 post it all over the neT!!!!!!!!!! make them suffer
    AMD 4200 laptop with Go 7900GTX and a ASUS P4P 800, 3.0Ghz P4, 2gb RAM, 480 Therm PSU, X1950Pro, Maxtor 7,200 200GB SATA dvdr/w etc plus a girlie blue glowing case! 8meg asdl

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimo
    I am having virtually the exact same problem today. Ordered a few bits off them for my new system yesterday for next day delivery. They then informed me by email that the payment had been declined later yesterday afternoon. I got hold of the card issuer who said no payments had been declined by them so I emailed Dabs back saying try payment again. I also updated my account with another card saying try that if the payment was declined again. Got round to the evening, and the status was stuck on "awaiting response from customer". I sent them a rather annoyed email, mainly because of their lack of urgency. If someone has paid for next day delivery and there is a threat that thats not going to happen unless a problem is rectified (ie payment problems / address problems) why the hell can't they contact by phone allowing the situation to be resolved immediately? why even bother taking a contact phone number when you place an order if all your ever going to do is email

I now have a load of stuff being delivered on a day I have taken off work to allow me to get all this stuff, but with the Dabs stuff not arriving on time. As for contact number, they do not appear to list one anywhere at all. If you do get hold of one, please post it as I would love to have a little conversation with them
    Seems like they might be having some major problems if the same sort of thing is happening to you too.

I've just cancelled my first order, ordered the same stuff again (same price etc).........and check my status and now it is "awaiting card issuer clearance"
    Will see what happens in the next few hours..........I've ordered from dabs before and they were very good but this time I don't know what the heck is happening, if they are having problems they should either contact people who ordered or put something up on their website.

Oh by the way, one number I have found is for business customers - 0870 429 3010
    Going to pester them with what's happening as our money is just as good as a business customer.

Thanks
    Just phoned them..........been told to phone their credit card team on - 0870 429 3440

Thanks
    Dabs dont have a clue.
    I had to start small claims against them because they wouldnt sort out a RMA of mine (even though the issue was known and acknowlaged by the manufacturers themselfs).

Dont waste your time with the muppets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    After trying the credit card number for over 3 hours I managed to get through.

Bloke told me that my first order had to go through a security check, even though I have ordered from Dabs before and that the fact the items was being delivered to my home address.
    I told him I wanted the new order I made today sent out today for delivery tomorrow, he told me that will not be possible as that order has also got to now go through a security check.........in the end I told him refund my card and I'm cancelling the order.

If the monies not in my account in 30minutes time I will be back on the phone.

Thanks
    Right, after waiting over an hour and no monies in my account I phoned them up and ask what was happening............they then told me it would take 3 days to clear in to my account.......then I went mental......told them that if the money is not in my account within 30 minutes I will be consulting a lawyer on the grounds of fraudalent actions by Dabs *always helps working for one of the biggest law firms*

Was told to wait on the phone for a minute........then he came back and told me the money has been debited in to my account.......which it did!!

In the end I ordered it from Microdirect, which was a bit cheaper.

I fully recommend not using Dabs..............stay well clear of them.

Thanks
    My order is, thankfully, now canceled.

And never shall I place one again

I am still pissed off having to now re-order these parts I had coming from Dabs, and having to arrange delivery for when I will be at home.

Thanks
    Make sure you use the retailer ratings guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thread Information