Thread: Keyboard Troubleshooting

Registered+
    Thanks

Question Keyboard Troubleshooting

Purchased a Cooler master storm quickfire tk (http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cm-ke...herry-switches) and when i plugged it in for the first time it sort of worked for a while. Today however it stopped working and i've tried everything i could find to fix it and as a last resort i reinstalled windows 8 (that made it worse and now it doesn't work at all)
    so currently this is what is happening, after i plug it in windows message pops up with "USB not recognised" and i can hear the disconnecting and reconnecting noise windows makes being repeated over and over. I look into device manager and under USB it says "unknown usb device - port reset failed". When i first got it it was working in BIOS, but would stop working once it got to the windows log in screen. Now after reinstalling windows 8 it won't even work in BIOS.

What makes this even more annoying is that the keyboard works perfectly fine in every other computer in my house. You plug it in, windows gets the driver and then you are of with your fingers walking down the clicky clacky road. I realise that maybe something is wrong with my motherboard, but every usb device i have works fine in any usb port i use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs are:
    FX 6300 - CPU
    Asus m5a970 EVO R2 - Mobo
    XFX PRO 550W - PSU
    Windows 8 - OS

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Distincthd's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 DVI (rev. 1.0)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3330
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Generic 1333Mhz RAM
      • Storage:
      • Western Digital 2TB Green 64MB Cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Intel HD Graphics 2500
      • PSU:
      • Generic 300W PSU
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master K350
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • One 1280x1024 HP Monitor (secondary). One amw 1440x900 monitor (primary).
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20 Down/2 Up (Usually)

Re: Keyboard Troubleshooting

You may need to change it from 6 key rollover to N-key rollover as this causes compatibility issues on older motherboards. I'm not too sure on this but i think it was pressing the keys: N+Esc for N-Key rollover and 6+Esc for 6 Key rollover. I would suggest putting it into 6 Key rollover and seeing if it is recognised after rebooting.

Thread Information