Thread: Computer wont even turn monitor on.

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks

Exclamation Computer wont even turn monitor on.

well heres the scoop... Football was on tv so I turned my other computer (backup) on because I was gona get on it. Oh and yes I used it every day and like 30 mins before that. Well I had it on and it was sitting in the logon screen and I was watching football for awhile. Now I went back and the computer monitor wasnt even on. I tried and tried rebooting, trying different monitor, different gfx cards; pretty much everything. I dont know WHAT happend, it just wanted to break down for some reason but yea right before I restarted the computer and watched football, I was in a game then all the sudden it gave me WinXP blue screen saying "Dumping memory" somewhere around those lines. I fiddled with the memory and that didnt do anythign. I also tried resetting my bios to. The only thing that happend so far was when it happend, I turned the computer off completely for like 10 mins came back and then turned it back on but then it was doing memory check and I have 512mb but it only went to 170 something and froze. I restarted again, went all the way to 512 and then it gave me some error couldnt remember but the computer wouldnt start still. Now everytime I turn it on, the monitor doesnt flicker or anything, it just stays black. My router notices the computer being turned on also if thats anything. Whats the problem?!!

Thanks guys!

pre
    Thanks
    Tried taking out the offending stick of memory if you have 2 (or running memtest on that stick in another pc if not and if possible)?

Thanks
    If you have been changing graphics cards, etc, then check your BIOS settings to make sure you have AGP or PCI selected correctly. Also check the onboard settings, turn on / off the motherboards own graphics processor.

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    I cant even get into bios... I only have 1 memory stick and its way to complicated for me to do mem test through cd's...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Have you tried a bios reset so as to clear it.

Thanks
    I once did this by putting the bios jumper on the wrong way round. are you sure you put it on the right way? I tried around 8 combinations on My Dell and then it finally worked and turned on

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    I did reset the bios.... That still didnt do anything but i'll try different combinations of the jumper. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    Here and there I get problems with my computers... Here and there I get BIG problems with my computers... I come here seeking help yet knowing theres no gaurantee. Thanks to Hexus and EVERYONE here, Practically every serious//minor problems I had were resolved! THANK YOU SO MUCH HEXUS & FRIENDS!

P.s. By the way alexander... I flipped my jumper around and now its working. Thanks man!

Thread Information