Thread: Being Dumped on from above by BSOD's

Thanks

Being Dumped on from above by BSOD's

Hi,

I'm currently upgrading my computer and whenever I put Windows on the computer I keep getting BSOD's randomly. I get loads of different causes, bad_spooler_call, CDFS_something etc.. There have been about 8-9 different error messages.

I've got all the latest drivers and only installed my MOBO drives and a netgear wireless card drivers with Doom3 and it still happened.

I've put fresh installs of XP Home, Professional, Media, Co-operate and 2K3 and I get the same problem with all of them, which makes me think its hardware. I was thinking I may try 2k and see what happens then (never let me down yet). You can see my spec in my signature.

The only old pieces of kit I've got are my Geforece 4600 TI and a 300/350W PSU. I've got 4 HD's, FX55, GFX, 2 CD/DVD Drives, 2GB RAM. Was thinking it may be the PSU, but if so how can it create a BSOD shouldn't the PC just freeze or restart ?? Been notising that after I close down apps thats when it seems to happen more.

Tried running my machine with minimum components, Could someone pleae help me out, getting really annoyed by it now. If it is the PSU could someone please explain how this would happen. Cheers

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks
    it is the PSU - if the voltages are not stable, hardware especially ram and processor dont like it - it causes missed instructions as they get lost in thier inards due to a lack of oompf (or too much skipping things) the amount of hardware you have running may be the cause, what make of PSU is it? with 4 HDDs an FX55 2gigs ram and a 4600 youll need a good one

Thanks
    Thankx, my PSU it really is just a cheapo, no brand 350W PSU, waiting for the PSU I want to be released, (Unltra X Connect) before I buy it, so hopefully things don't get to screwed, got holiday in a week so it can have a 3 week holiday and hopefully after that, the PSU might be released.

Cheers

Thanks
    Not usefull but funny link on BSOD:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_screen_of_death
    They told me I was gullible ... and I believed them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-E-Durex
    Thankx, my PSU it really is just a cheapo, no brand 350W PSU, waiting for the PSU I want to be released, (Unltra X Connect) before I buy it,
    Get yourself a Tagan 480W PSU - they are brilliant.
    Have you overclocke dthe CPU at all? - I was getting BSODs randomly and even non-boots until I racked up the VCore on my XP M from 1.625v to 1.7V - totally stable after that.

Check out www.CustomPC.co.uk for the low down on high end PSUs, then make your choice based on that. The amount of hardware you have will necessitate a decent PSU as the previous chappie commented.

Cheers

Hoodlum

Thread Information