ok, i am in so far over my head with the audio setup i have here!

i have my pc, which uses a SB Audigy 2 ZS
the speakers i use are Creative T7700 (7.1)
i also have the Creative Decoder (DDTS-100)

at the moment, the pc and the decoder each go into the supplied splitter box, and then to the speakers. the pc outputs 7.1 through the green/black/orange outputs and into the splitter as green/black/orange/grey

the decoder is the same, to the splitter box
on the decoder it is set to 6.1/7/1 speaker configuration

then, from the splitter box, a similar cable (gr/bl/or > gr/bl/or/gr) to the speakers

the speakers are set to "no upmix" (5.1 or 6.1/7.1 or no upmix)

so it all kinda looks like this...

PC ________ __Splitter Box _______Speakers
Decoder ___/

is this the easiest way to set it up? on the Audigy 2 ZS i noticed there is a "digital out" which could plug into the coaxial on the decoder - would that ouput in 5 channels or 7 channels? i heard that digital out will only support 5 channel?

my main concern is that i tried to play Lord of the Rings extended edition through my pc using 6 channel DTS ES and got no sound!

what i would like to know, is if it is possible to use the Audigy digital out for 7 channels, then i can put that through my decoder? or would i better setting for a 5.1 > 7.1 upmix on all audio sources?

im so confused, if this doesnt make a lot of sense im sorry, please help me so that i can tidy this entire thing up and get optimum sound