Thread: Windows 10 No sound on a unibody 2008 MBP?

Thanks

Exclamation Windows 10 No sound on a unibody 2008 MBP?

Hi guys,
    got a late 2008 alu macbook pro running windows 10 with everything installed, tested gaming everything works - only using it for steam and classics like ut2004 so no mocking my 9400m haha!
    anyways I haven't got any sound yet it claims to be installed - however closer inspection it provides me with this "Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885&SUBSYS_106B3F00&REV_1001\4&26d0052d&0&0001 requires further installation." in device manager events tab. tried reinstalling using the trick of cmd admin mode to allow the cirrus or whatever brand driver and uninstalling this but no avail! any help would be great as I'm genuinely impressed this runs better not only for my retro games but in general vs windows 7 which hasn't been on here since SP1 lol.

cheers guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz regarding the Apple Mighty Mouse
    I just got so fed up with this thing for it's crappy erratically working scroll ball and poor right-click detection that I just threw it against a wall and it exploded.

Good riddance. Wish I'd done it about a year ago.

Thanks

Re: Windows 10 No sound on a unibody 2008 MBP?

fixed it! it was a crappy realtek that wasn't on the drivers disc. google and you shall find. can confirm a fully working 2008 mbp unibody on windows 10 with everything detected and working!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz regarding the Apple Mighty Mouse
    I just got so fed up with this thing for it's crappy erratically working scroll ball and poor right-click detection that I just threw it against a wall and it exploded.

Good riddance. Wish I'd done it about a year ago.

Thread Information