Thread: Slow CPU crarrera warranty gone bust

Thanks

Angry Slow CPU crarrera warranty gone bust

After I full deductive restore my windows media centre pc is running real slow if you asked it to do more one thing at a time.
    Task manager says CPU usage is running at 100% in some programmes.
    Have tried chipset from CPU cd and download.
    Carrera have brushed me off with, pc needs to in for testing. But as they have gone bust they can’t have the pc in.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Angry Oh Carrera

tomtom,

Think yourself lucky, I bought a PC which arrived on the 23rd of December worked for a day or so and will not boot up any more, I also have a monitor with a deep scratch on it.

I was waiting for a refund when I was told that my system would not be getting picked up as Digital Network had gone into administration. Since then I have been waiting to get it fixed but not holding out much hope. I was told that Watford would be contacting me giving me the option to purchase a warranty for a small fee. The funny thing is Carrera phoned me to ask if I wanted to take out an extended software warranty, VERY FUNNY!

On the subject of my machine, anybody got ideas, no boot up process, no output to the monitor HD light stays on with no access of the disk itself. I have checked the voltages from the power supply and 3.3V, 5V and 12V all seem ok.

Any ideas?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hi All,

To both, I'd say keep on at Carrera re your warranty. I know that Watford Electronics are putting together a package to help Carrera owners, so don't give up hope, just yet.

tomtom,

It is possible that your CPU running at 100% is actually caused by an infection of a viral nature, or quite possibly spyware. I am not sure if these forums handle HijackThis Logs, but in case they don't, take a look here:
    http://hijackthislogs.com/index.php
    Read the instructions, post your log, then await assistance. The help you receive will be first class, and will also be prompt, too. I can personally vouch for this site, and have absolutely no hesitation in recommending it for Spyware removal.

Moderators. I'm new to these forums, so am not yet sure of posting protocol, but hope this is acceptable. Please advise if not so. Thanks.

Regards,

mariner

Thread Information