Thread: Suddenly - Nothing is working correctly

Thanks

Suddenly - Nothing is working correctly

Hi all, i really need some help as I am now totally stumped.

Spec:

Asrock Z170 Gaming K6
    i5 6600k
    GTX 1070
    Corsair Force SSD 500GB
    1TB 2.5" HDD
    Watercooled
    Asus Wireless Card
    2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
    Corsair AX 760 PSU

My computer was absolutely fine for months, i then turned it off and didn't use it for about 2 weeks. I turned it back on, it was fine, put it into sleep and went to turn it on the next day and the errors began. Windows 10 64 bit.

First it was stuck in a boot loop, I disconnected everything and cleared CMOS many many times getting code 00, eventually it posted however wouldn't detect any USB device. Eventually i plugged my keyboard into one of the USB 3.1 ports and managed to boot to windows.

Now I am in windows however my USB 3.0 controller could not start (Error Code 10), tried unplugging the power for ages, tried updating drivers using the common methods i can find online - nothing. The USB ports have power but do not detect any devices, they are completely unusable.

Then i had issues shutting down, windows would shut down but then the computer would stay turned on but display either 04 or 05 on the Dr Debug - memory error. I changed the memory to 2 different slots (still in the correct configuration) and the error went away, however now the computer won't shut down. Windows shuts down, i lose the screen signal, all fans and HDD continue to run. After a while i push the power button and the windows login screen comes up immediately, almost like i've restored it from sleep.

Also, when i set the bios XMP profile to Profile 1 (what it has always ran on) I will then get stuck in a boot loop with IE showing on the Dr Debug LED.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I updated to Bios 7.00 - no change.

EDIT: PSU added, SFC /scannow = no integrity violations
    Last edited by Predator; 20-11-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo
    ...and it's *slow* - really slow, slower than a really slow thing swimming through treacle, one handed, and only kicking with one foot.

SUMMONER

Re: Suddenly - Nothing is working correctly

- remove all devices (internal and external) not essential to booting Windows
    - reset bios to defaults again
    - run Memtest86+ (UltimateBootCD)
    - if it passes the memory test, install a fresh Windows onto a spare hard drive (Win10 Media Creation Tool)
    - if it continues to behave that way when booting into the fresh Windows install, get a loan PSU from someone

If after the PSU replacement the computer still behaves that way I would order a new motherboard/try the existing motherboard on another computer, if you happen to have access to one with a compatible CPU.
    Last edited by SUMMONER; 21-11-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Thanks

Re: Suddenly - Nothing is working correctly

Thanks for the help. I've pretty much exhausted all options, I'm on a fresh install of windows, ive tried different hard drives, running barebones not in the case, all cables and components repeated Inc. Cpu, nothing works.

I've not tried mem test yet but I have stress tested the ram which came back pass. I'll try mem test later and also I'm going to check the psu voltages coming out.

Thread Information