Thread: No sound and wrong screen resulution

Registered+
    Thanks

No sound and wrong screen resulution

hi everyone. ive got my spare pc connected up to a sony 50 inch tv which i use just for catch up tv and since yesterday the screen resolution has changed and ive got no sound.
    Its a Gigabyte 78LMT-usb3 mobo running windows 10 64, it hasnt got a gpu installed either. ive got it connected to the tv by a hdmi cable. only thing i noticed when i was on the pc was the screen went black and came back on straight away with an inch boarder around it. ive checked all the displpay settings and tried to change everything but nothing works. its only when i gave up with the screen size and tried to watch something i noticed that there was no sound. ive downloaded the latest realtek drivers as well but it made no difference. ive tried several hdmi cables and different ports but still the same. any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks
    • wazzickle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus H470M-itx
      • CPU:
      • i5 10500
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb DDR4 HyperX Fury
      • Storage:
      • Barracuda 510 1TB M.2, WD Blue 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 3070 Twin Edge
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SFX 600
      • Case:
      • Ghost S1 V2
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG IPS 27" 144Hz QHD
      • Internet:
      • three4g & nighthawk MR1100

Re: No sound and wrong screen resulution

Can you think of anything that might have precipitated this yesterday?

Do your other inputs work, i.e. a PS4 or a USB stick or whatever else you can find, another laptop?

Have you been able to test this PC on another monitor?

Some TVs have a function where you can change that boarder i.e. expand the image to fit the screen, you could use that to fix the visual aspect, and it's also possible that some settings have reset themselves including that.

Is your tv connected to the internet? It's also possible it's auto-updated itself, in which case there could be a rollback function, or you could see if you could find the older drivers and install them.

Registered+
    Thanks

Only thing I can think that could have updated is windows. Yes the TV is connected to the internet but it asks you before it updates and that hasn't updated in a while. Yeh other devices work fine with the hdmi slot. The audio only works if I connect some headphones. Could it be an issue with the onboard graphics I'm using on this mobo where windows 10 has maybe stopped updating ?

Registered+
    Thanks

gave up in the end and just put an old HIS 5750 gpu in and updated the drivers and now everyting works.

Thread Information