Thread: Graphics are "skipping"

Thanks

Graphics are "skipping"

My computer is fairly fast, I built it from the ground up with an AMD64 3000+ s939 processor, 512MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9800PRO 128MB video card, but sometimes my graphics "skip". Its the only way I can really describe it. It happens on the some games, and its not because of slowdown. Quake III for example, its almost like its a skipping cd, theres a consistant skip in the graphics (that doesnt go away ) thats noticable and honestly really annoying. It also happens in 3DMark 2001, the graphics look like their skipping. The framerate isnt a problem, as an average score on 3DMark 2001 is 188003DMarks, but still the graphics still look like their skipping. Anyone else have this strange anomoly with their graphics? I could use some suggestions, its driving me insane.

Thanks
    When I'm playing certain games, it sometimes looks as though the framerate stutters briefly, even though the FPS is 60+... I don't know if that's similar to what you're experiencing? I've not really found a solution for it, but you could try enabling / disabling V-Sync (depending on what it's set at atm) and see if that makes a difference...

Thanks
    sounds similar, but turning on/off vsync doesnt help. during the same games it has a constant and slight skipping effect. its not terribly noticable but you can still pick it up. anyone else have any suggestions?

System Suspect
    Thanks
    Sounds a like like V-sync tearing where fps exceeds the amount of times per sec the screen can update, do you only get it in older games that run at hight to very high frame rates?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly1234
    Sounds a like like V-sync tearing where fps exceeds the amount of times per sec the screen can update, do you only get it in older games that run at hight to very high frame rates?
    usually yes thats the only time it happens, but it also happens in Doom III and occasionally Far Cry, and I know I'm not exceeding 60FPS on Doom. My monitor is at 60hz (only refresh rate my monitor displays at 1024x768) On my friends computer (similar specs to my own) he doesnt have the same problem, his problems are simply slowdown. I've looked everywhere and I cant seem to find a fix to this problem! I'm hoping its just my monitor thats messed up, because I can't think of any problems with my hardware. For reference i have an old 13' Daewoo with a max resolution of 1024x768.

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    Sounds like your monitor is quite old and that is what is giving you the problems. Upgrade the monitor top at least a 17" CRT or TFT.
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

Thread Information