Thread: Vista ReadyBoost

Thanks

Vista ReadyBoost

Hi,

I have a Fujitsu S2110 laptop with Vista Ultimate installed. It has a built in SD card slot and so I purchased a x150 4GB SD card with a view to using ReadyBoost however vista tells me that the device does not have the required performance characteristics which I know is not the case.

Has anyone else had this or know if a work around?

Wilksj01

Not Very Senior Member RavenNight's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't think there is a work-around, a surprising number of high performance devices don't work. It's to do with how they deal with small files or something. Frankly I haven't noticed a massive benefit to plugging in my Corsair Flash Voyager GT and activating ReadyBoost.
    AMD 3700+ San Diego @ 2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9500LED + Arctic Cooling MX-1 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe + Zalman Northbridge | 1024MB DDR RAM (2 x 512MB Corsair XMS Pro TwinX) | Leadtek nVidia 6600GT 128MB | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music | 2x80GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA-II (RAID 0) | Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case | Hiper Type-R 580W Modular | Enermax Ultimate Fan Controller| Microsoft Nautral 4000 | Logitech G5 + fUnc 1030| Ideazon Fang | SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset | Samsung SM913N 19" TFT | Compro DVB-T200

"Dell? You get better tech support with a cheese sandwich"

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have a new 2gb card that is supposed to be 80x and that doesnt work, I have a 2 year old 1gb 66x card and that works fine, still undecided on the benefits though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Indeed, unless its a problem with drivers, often running the wrong speed of USB (but this is very un-common in vista). Its the card.

There are many performance metrics with flash. before looking at making a 16gig volume out of 4gig CF i was stunned by the difference between vendors flash (even when its fundementally the same flash chips) its the contorller.

One of the most important things is avoiding re-writing the same cells again and again. This kills flash, never stuff is much much more resiliant, but still sufferes from it.

The performance boost I found was only profound when running on 1gig of ram.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thread Information