Thread: DVD Writer problem

Thanks

Post DVD Writer problem

I'm not a newbie to PC's , been building , upgrading since 286 days ( Second name is Noah. lol.).
    Anyway i went to burn a downloaded rip of a film with ConvertX to DVD , which I have been using for years.
    Program converted and burnt to disc successfully so it said , all as usual. Disc turned out to still be blankand on re-insertion up came the usual box asking how I wanted to burn /use the disc.
    I have now tried on 3 different PC's with 3 different versions of ConvertX , new Verbatim DVD's,
    ( a brand I have always used without issues). One system is on Win10 the other 2 are on Win7 and even fitted
    a new DVD writer to one PC. I also tried CDBurner XP but nomatter the result is the same ,
    blank disc after supposed burning success.
    I Googled this and lots of peeps with issues very similar and there
    seems most of the replies state to remove high and low filters at a point in the registry to which virtually all
    reply state that the filters are not there anyway. I sit lost for ideas and getting ready to pull my hair out.

Thanks

Re: DVD Writer problem

Have you tried burning/reading something else other than the ripped film?

Thanks

Hi , thanks for the reply. I was getting so annoyed with this that I didn't think to try another movie file. I copied back a file from an external drive that I had converted / burned before and still have the same problem. My next experiment will be to totally reformat a spare PC and just load Win7 Pro , ConvertX and VLC Player no AV or anything else. If this also fails I'm retiring to the North Pole and gonna become a monk. Lol.

Thanks

The next thing to check is can you write anything to a blank dvd - music or data say - and then subsequently read it on another device. I once had a similar problem. It turned out that an update had reset settings so that the end of file was not written to the disc so that further data could be added.

Thanks

Hi , thanks for the reply again. Never resolved this as such. I reformatted another PC and loaded an early version of Win 7 SP1 , Late edition of ConvertX , VLC player and nothing else. Finally burning films as was. I tend to think here that is something in Windows , 7 late , Win10 or Anti - virus ( Avast ) has caused me these issues. At least I can now burn when needed so I can stop wasting time over this. I have spare PC's all the time so not a problem. Anyway , thanks again for the input. Cheers.

Thread Information