Thread: A strange error Please help

Thanks

A strange error Please help

Hi I am having alot of errors with my PC thats becoming a serious headache.
    Basically during any type of PC usuage my computer will randomly reboot and do one of two things, Boot up with a message saying my K1/ Netrual Keyboard is plugged in incorrectly or something along them lines, or a message related to my Graphics card and a serious error in windows message.

The keyboard error happens at any point of usage, playing games or just browsing the web / my computer. I have no idea how to fix this or what's causing this and worst yet its becoming more and more frequent.
    I have a MS IntelliMouse Optical USB, the keyboard no idea, I got it with another PC a while ago.

Second error and this one is much more casue concerining is random locks ups, reboots and errors releated to playing any game. I am games savvy and I understand about drivers and settings, there for my drivers are up to date however, Any driver I use for my Hercules 9800 SE the error still happens.

Basically I may be playing say UT 2004 and about 10 minutes it will hang then reboot. It may happen as soon as the title screen loads. I may be playing CS source online for an hour and it will reboot, It may be Ground Control 2 or any other game. This lead me to believe its my cooling but I have a custom fan on the side, can't rememeber exact speed but its twice as fast as a stock one. So I am a loss on whats causing these problems.

Another error is upon boot up my computer scans for hardware changes and asks me to enter my Ati Driver disk, which is now obviously outdated. This happened after only installing the lastest drivers. So i tracked back (system restore) and tried some Omega / DNA drivers (5.12 and 5.13) and still the error persists.
    I am just about ready to destroy my PC, it makes using and playing it extremely unstable and fustrating as well lots of other problems preformance wise that I dont understand why they exist.

Posted here are links to detailed infomation about my hardware.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jamie107/2.jpg
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jamie107/1.jpg

Any help or tips are greatly appericated, please bare in mind that I do regualry scan for spyware and defrag my hard drive.
    (Sorry for bad grammer/spelling, I am dyslexic and suffer in them areas)

Thanks in advance Jamie
    (kingofpunk@gmail.com)

Thanks
    Could be any number of things, if it was my computer I'd wipe the HD and do a clean (minimal) install with the latest official drivers, and then take it from there... If you still have problems, it could well be a hardware or cooling problem as you mentioned...

System Suspect
    Thanks
    Sounds like you might have a couple of seperate issues possibly. First off I think you need to download Driver Cleaner http://www.drivercleaner.net/. Uninstall your Ati cat drivers using Add/Reove programs from control panel the re-boot to safe mode using f8 and run driver cleaner with the Ati filter to remove all traces of previously installed Ati drivers, then re-install when you boot back to normal XP.

Secondly have you checked the temp your PC is ideling at after it's been running for 15-20 mins? It could be overheating or maybe your PSU is starting to give up. Can you provide some info about your Processor and MB etc

Thanks
    Yeah ive check the temp but i'll try the driver suggestion shortly. The temp stays below about 70 (the case I have has 4 Internal fans as well as a 8000RPM fan on the Mainboard)

The proccesor is a ThorughBird AMD 2400 (runs at 2100)
    Mainboard is a MSI KT4V (with all lastest drivers offered by MSI)
    Graphics card Hercules 9800SE AIW (with DNA 5.13)
    Sound card is a Hercules Muse 5.1 (I have a Soundblaster but that refuses to work)

Every other part I'm not sure upon. A clean install sounds a good idea but I only formatted a month ago and Ive been having these problems before and after the format, just alot more frequently in the last week.

Jamie

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo
    A clean install sounds a good idea but I only formatted a month ago and Ive been having these problems before and after the format, just alot more frequently in the last week.

Jamie
    Seeing as its got warmer in the last week, this makes me lean to to side of thinking that your PC is getting a bit warm. I would recommend taking the side panel off and running it for a few hours with the panel off to see if this affects the stability. Also if you have a fan - rig this up to blow into the case and if the system is stable as larry when this is running then it does indicate a heating issue.

Thanks
    I gave it a whirl but no luck m8, I got a reboot while scrolling down through Hexus ! lol then I rebooted , loaded MSN went on webcam and poof reboot. I am at a loss here, why would my keyboard cause a reboot or why would my pc reboot randomly like this when its running at 41 normal and 60 hot (57 without sidepanel w/fan)

System Suspect
    Thanks
    What PSU have you got? You say your overclocking your 2400 to 2.1ghz, have you tried reducing back to stock and seeing if that makes a difference?
    Last edited by Olly1234; 02-04-2005 at 06:20 PM.

Thanks
    PSU I'm not sure, how could I find out ? and 2.1 is it stock speed

Thanks
    PSU I'm not sure, how could I find out ?
    Look at it There'll be a sticker on there somewhere...

Large Member
    Thanks
    right click my computer, properties, advanced tab, startup and recovery panel, settings button, UNCHECK automatically restart, see and tell us what happens at next crash/reboot.
    To err is human. To really foul things up ... you need a computer.

System Suspect
    Thanks
    PSU I'm not sure, how could I find out ? and 2.1 is it stock speed
    Actually the stock speed for a TBred 2400+ is listed as 2.0ghz, 15*133
    Last edited by Olly1234; 03-04-2005 at 05:17 PM.

Thread Information