Thread: Newly installed 6200 on computer, things going slow and can't change resolution??

Thanks

Exclamation Newly installed 6200 on computer, things going slow and can't change resolution??

Hi, my friend has just installed a new 6200 over an old radeon card. He removed the old drivers beforehand and then shut down and put the card in and installed the new drivers, but when he trys to change the resolution it won't and says "The device cannot find enough resources, pease remove any other drivers" or something like that and the icon has a yellow "!" on the device. Things are extremely slow on start up and games are black. I have done the classic remove drivers and driver cleaner 3 etc...but still the same. All the hardware looks ok, but what about updating the motherboard drivers, they havent been updated since it was bought 18 months ago. I'm trying to find out what make it is etc...over the phone, any ideas?Any help would be appreciated, thatnks, john!

EDIT: OK i know what motherboard it is now, it's an ABIT AS8 p4 motherboard. So with updating the drivers (i'm not too experienced with intel chipsets) do we need to un-install the old drivers before hand and where do we do that, and where should i get the new driver package to install, thanks again!
    Last edited by johnnr892; 19-01-2006 at 07:58 PM.
    Cheiftech Matrix/xp 2600@ 2.3ghz/ Abit NF7 v2/1gb GEIL value dual channel pc3200@ 2.5-3-3-6/XFX 6600gt/80gb Western Digital boot disk/80gb maxtor for storage and games/LG cdrw/Nec 3500A

Thanks
    • MSIC's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H170M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 6500
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 4GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 240GB SSD (boot) +1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GeForce 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 450W ST455F
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG06-450
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet FiberTTC
    Be aware that there will be drivers to download for the graphics card, see here, but perhaps more importantly is making sure that you have correctly installed the AGP driver for your motherboard (which, as far as my mind understands, tells windows how to interact with the AGP bus before even looking at what is in that bus).

See the driver disc that came with the motherboard, or else go to the Abit website here to download the latest intel chipset drivers (which will include the AGP driver i suspect).

Once the chipset drivers are done, install DirectX 9.0c (available for download from here although any new game or magazine coverdisc from the past 6 months will save you a hefty download) .

Finally, install the nVidia drivers.
    Last edited by MSIC; 19-01-2006 at 09:53 PM.
    I'm commenting on an internet forum. Your facts hold no sway over me.
    - Another poster, from another forum.

System as shown, plus: Microsoft Wireless mobile 4000 mouse and Logitech Illuminated keyboard.
    Sennheiser RS160 wireless headphones. Creative Gigaworks T40 SII. My wife.
    My Hexus Trust

Thanks

Exclamation

Hi, thanks for th reply, but i have donwloaded the latest drivers for his motherboard from here
    http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/...es=1&model=191
    And downloaded and installed the intel chipset drivers, and everything is still the same. we are still getting the message about unavailable resources. We updated the drivers to the latest from nvidia and they have 9.0c installed. Whats interesting to note is that under devices in the dxdiag window, it says vga monitor on 640x400 4 bit or something like that, even though in device manager the 6200 is recognised. I'm baffled, can anybody help soon, thanks,John.
    Cheiftech Matrix/xp 2600@ 2.3ghz/ Abit NF7 v2/1gb GEIL value dual channel pc3200@ 2.5-3-3-6/XFX 6600gt/80gb Western Digital boot disk/80gb maxtor for storage and games/LG cdrw/Nec 3500A

Thanks
    • MSIC's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H170M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 6500
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 4GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 240GB SSD (boot) +1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GeForce 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 450W ST455F
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG06-450
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet FiberTTC
    Hmmm, at this point (if it were me wrestling with this), i'd be thinking about one of two probable outcomes - either faulty hardware, or a re-install of windows from scratch.
    I hope neither becomes necessary, but if you can't solve the problem, try a re-install.

The only thing i can think of, and it's a bit of a long shot, is if you have "unavailable resources" go into the BIOS and see if you can disable unused ports (any SATA, serial, parallel etc), and make sure that IRQ allocation is set to automatic.

As a final option, try flashing the BIOS to a latest version of both the motherboard and the graphics card (if you dont have them already). Hope the hardware isn't faulty.
    Sorry i don't have any better advice...
    I'm commenting on an internet forum. Your facts hold no sway over me.
    - Another poster, from another forum.

System as shown, plus: Microsoft Wireless mobile 4000 mouse and Logitech Illuminated keyboard.
    Sennheiser RS160 wireless headphones. Creative Gigaworks T40 SII. My wife.
    My Hexus Trust

Thanks
    Hi, thanks for the advice, he doesn't want to really have to re-install everything so if you guys have any more suggestions then that would be appreciated, thanks for the advice so far. John.

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB of Corsair BH-5 and 512MB of something else
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X800Pro, flashed to XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s
    Ignore me - Only PCIe cards have Turbocache, and this is AGP.
    Last edited by schmunk; 23-01-2006 at 07:14 PM.

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    find the device in your device manager (might be called vga adapter, might not. should be easy to spot), right click on it, hit uninstall. then reboot your computer. will probably go thru a few 'found new drivers' screens, after which (and a reboot or 2) you might have a working card.

sounds entirely like the pc hasnt mapped the drivers to the card, and is instead using default vga device drivers. not a faulty card.
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thread Information