Thread: Drive not detected!!!!!!!

Thanks

Exclamation Drive not detected!!!!!!!

You know I'm so frustrated I could scream and punch holes in the wall and throw this GD computer in the trash!!!!!... This is a first time build for me,I have overcome numerous problems with help from you great guys.Here is the latest one.MY HD is not being recognized by Windows XP PRO when I try to install the OS.It is a Maxtor DiamondMax 80gb Sata/150 on a ABIT NF7S V 2.0.I have it hooked to SATA1 on the MB with a Sata cable and power to it..When I boot to the OS CD and push f6 it dosent let me do anything it just keeps going..Later on in the process when it says it cant detect any HD and do you want to put in a driver to push S I do and it seems to load t from the driver floppy then it goes on a bit and says there is no HD on the system..I have tried this 10 times and am ready to give up.....Does anyone have any ideas to help a dummy or should I just give up.....

The sata driver disk I have is old,I also am haveing a problem trying to make a new one. I'm trying to make a SATA driver disk for my NF7S MB.I go to the D/L section here...http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/dr...ame=NF7-S+v2.0 I click on the 2nd one down and direct it to the floppy drive.It D/L's what I belive is the driver EXE..I click on it and it opens what looks like a DOS window and starts copying files it to the bottom of the list and gives this error message.
    "write error in the file ABITSATA_v1.33\Silivon\3114\si3114r-mpd" I have tried this a few times and it does the same thing everytime......

Thanks
    Hi clayp.

You're definitely going about things the right way, it just appears you've not been able to create said driver diskette correctly. Now, you can ignore the downloads on Abit's website because they'll no doubt be slightly older...

Instead download the drivers for the NF7-S v2.0's silicon image 3112a controller from Silicon Image directly...

http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SWD...2-00W-1361.zip

Copy the contents onto the floppy disk ensuring txtsetup.oem appears in the root of the floppy, i.e. A:\txtsetup.oem and run through windows setup again.

At the F6 stage, setup will indeed continue to load all the setup files. This is normal. Once you get to the correct stage, press "s" and setup will read from the floppy. If it has been created properly, it will give you a list of drivers to load. Choose the correct one for windows xp with the cursor keys. It doesn't matter which one you choose if there is more than one with an identical name present.

Setup should now continue and see the hard disk, as long as it's functional in itself

Good luck!

NB: Keep the floppy in as it will be used later on in setup also.
    Last edited by DaftpuNk; 23-03-2006 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks

Exclamation

Got it....Thanks.....

Thread Information