Thread: Can't see hard drive

Thanks

Can't see hard drive

Ok so I bought a 250 gig hdd and put it in an external enclosure. It worked perfect no problems whatsoever. I had gotten it mostly for file transport and because my cd deck will play usb devices. Because of this and the deck not supporting stuff over 2 gigs, I made like 6 partitions of 2 gigs and then 1 partition for the remaining 220 ish gigs. This was working fine until I wanted to install Windows Vista Beta on the hard drive. Because I had formatted it wrong to begin with, my large partition was a logical drive (not sure what that means but the first three 2-gig ones i did was not labeled as logical). I was having problems installing windows and figured this might be the problem. So I was in 'Computer Management' and deleted the first of the three normal partitions. Suddenly it started freaking out and reported free space of like 800 gigs and would not let me do anything. I restarted the computer and now I cant get the drives to show up. It does this on all computers. The computer recognizes that it is attached but displays no drives or anything. Does anyone have any ideas? Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks
    have you tried putting it inside your computer instead of in the external box? might be worth a try for troubleshootings sake.

Thread Information