Thread: My mouse cursor stops moving

Thanks

My mouse cursor stops moving

I have a very annoying problem involving my Trust MI-2100 mouse. If I use alot of CPU (like run a big game, or have alot of programs running) my mouse cursor just stops moving and I have to restart. I have a feeling it's a driver problem because Windows thinks I'm using a Microsoft PS/2 mouse and won't let me install the right driver, it just replaces it with the Microsoft PS/2 one when I'm told to restart. I've tried using a Plug and Play USB mouse and I get the same problem - even though it DOES install the right driver for that on it's own. Please help me with this, it's driving me mad.

Thanks
    Bump. Anyone?

Thanks
    may try installing USB2.0 drivers, or have udone that?
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks
    It's got a PS/2 connection.

Registered+
    Thanks
    if you press numlock on your keyboard does the light go on and off? If it doesn't then the mouse pointer has stopped moving because the system has "locked" basically there is a conflict with software and/or hardware which is causing your system to crash (a lock is a type of crash, sorry if your waaay more advanced than this - don't want to insult you!).

Microsoft PS/2 driver is fine for mice, its not the driver that doesnt anything its normally just extra software that a mouse provider installs to take advantage of extra buttons or a special wheel function, the microsoft driver is basically installed for most mice just to give basic use.

I would put my money that your system crashes on full load because that is when it most likely to - i.e. when the most stress is put on the memory, processor, graphics card. Where the problem lies can be difficult to find - have you got the system overclocked at all?

Matt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mfurse
    if you press numlock on your keyboard does the light go on and off? If it doesn't then the mouse pointer has stopped moving because the system has "locked" basically there is a conflict with software and/or hardware which is causing your system to crash (a lock is a type of crash, sorry if your waaay more advanced than this - don't want to insult you!).

Microsoft PS/2 driver is fine for mice, its not the driver that doesnt anything its normally just extra software that a mouse provider installs to take advantage of extra buttons or a special wheel function, the microsoft driver is basically installed for most mice just to give basic use.

I would put my money that your system crashes on full load because that is when it most likely to - i.e. when the most stress is put on the memory, processor, graphics card. Where the problem lies can be difficult to find - have you got the system overclocked at all?

Matt
    My CPU is overclocked from 2.4ghz to 2.6ghz but I still have the problem when it isn't overclocked. The cursor DOES change when it stops moving and I can still use the keyboard but it drives me mad when I don't know where I'm clicking because the damn cursor has stopped moving.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroHzrd
    ...I have a feeling it's a driver problem because Windows thinks I'm using a Microsoft PS/2 mouse and won't let me install the right driver
    Have you checked Trust's website for an updated driver? Another possibility is to use a USB/PS2 adaptor to connect your mouse up via USB.

Thanks
    Yeah, I've got the latest driver. The new mouse I bought came with a USB/PS2 adapter and I tried using that but no difference. I've formatted my HD now but I'm having a problem reinstalling Windows XP. I'm hoping this will fix my problem

Thanks

Re: My mouse cursor stops moving

I have been having the same issue over the last two months. I purchased new mice, same problem, deleted all other mice software, updated all drivers in device manager, purchased & download about five different malware, spyware, etc still having the same problem, I'm loosing more hair by the day, any help other help? Thanks in advance.

SLS
    Registered+
    Thanks

Re: My mouse cursor stops moving

More details pls!

PC Brand?
    Desktop / Laptop?
    Windows XP/Vista/Seven ?

Thread Information