Thread: After gaming my web pages are flickery?

Registered+
    Thanks

After gaming my web pages are flickery?

This happens everytime i come off BF2 and i go to surf the web, when i minimize a web page as its going down to the task bar its slow and flickery, this also happens when i restore.

I thought it could be my ati drivers so switched over to the omegas but that didn't help.

Ive left the pc on all night and come back to it on the morn and the web pages still do what i have stated, for that long i thought the pc would of settled down from coming off BF as its like 8hrs later!? The only way to get rid of it is to reboot the pc.

One thing i have noticed and im not sure if this is normal but when i minimize/restore a web page the cpu usage goes from 7% right up to 44% and then back as the page has settled in the taskbar?! Even restoring the task manager box is laggy and flickery?

I know my PSU is not up to scratch as it only cost me £18 and im getting a new one in a month, my ddr memmory is unbranded so could that be a possibility? and also my paging file is set at 2046?

thx for any help.

WinXP pro
    x800xt pe
    AMD64 3700+ san diego
    ASRock 939dual sata2
    2x1gig 3200 ddr 400
    500w psu

Throbbing Member
    Thanks
    • 8bit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z170A-G43 PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-6700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury Black (8GB)
      • Storage:
      • 1x Crucial MX100 512GB, 1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (WD1001FALS)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire AMD R9 390 Nitro
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM650x
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide Air 540
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 29UM67 29", 21:9, 2560x1080
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet Fibre
    Hello again, I just responded to your other thread about ATI VPU recovers when CPU overclocking

Is this problem happening when you're running the CPU at non-standard frequencies as well or just all the time?

I wouldn't have thought this would be memory related, if memory isn't happy machines tend just to freeze up or blue-screen altogether but go to http://www.memtest86.com/ and get the latest version of that. You have options to create either a bootable floppy disk (the precompiled Windows package) or a CD from an ISO image. Boot off either of those, let it do its thing for a bit then come back and see if there's any errors. If there are, try running your memory in single-channel mode (if it's currently in dual channel) and see if Memtest passes it then. If Memtest passes in single channel, see if that makes any difference to this issue.

As for the PSU, it is a possibility but there's other factors I'd personally want to rule out before spending any money to try and fix these problems. You're using the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard, right? Are you running BF2 at the same screen resolution and refresh rate as Windows? I used to get freezes and BSODs running games in different resolutions etc. so you may want to check that. Can you find out what sort of temps your graphics chip, CPU, motherboard etc. are running at? If your case isn't properly ventilated and things are getting to borderline temps that could be the problem as well.

HTH
    "shiro" - Windows 11 Home x64 :: Intel i5-12600K :: Corsair H115i :: MSI Z690-A Pro :: 2x 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR5 :: NVidia 4070 Super FE :: Corsair Force MP600 (1TB) :: WD Caviar Black (2TB) :: WD Caviar Green (2TB) :: Corsair Carbide Air 540 (white) :: LG 32QK500 2560x1440 :: Razer Pro Click :: Cherry KC6000 Slim ::

Registered+
    Thanks
    Gpu temp is at 34 idle and 59 fully loaded, bios is updated, chipset drivers updated, cpu/bios is stock settings, latest ati drivers, memtest came back with no errors.

Check my other post 8 to this problem that has arisen....

Thread Information