Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stuck Sony memory card in SD card slot on laptop...

Thanks

Unhappy HELP! My MiniSD card is stuck in my Lenovo Y410 card reader slot too!

A similar thing happened to me with my Lenovo Y410 notebook and 2GB MiniSD card. I tried sliding a prepaid cell card underneath the memory card just as alexification did but it didn't seem to work. It only pushed the MiniSD card further into the slot (which is designed for the larger SD cards, but claims to be a 5-in-1 card reader). My dad tried bending a paperclip and wrapping tape around it so the card would stick to it and come off when he pulled it out, however, even the paperclip got stuck, damaging a few pins and causing a particular golden component to block the way. In this case, what technique can I try in order to get it out? Do you suppose the card reader would still function after everything that happened?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Stuck Sony memory card in SD card slot on laptop...

turn it upside down and shake it out? I'm guessing you mean Memory Stick duo - as the normal memory stick would still be sticking out the side?

Thanks

nope, that doesn't work. I tried it myself. My dad did manage to get the stuck MiniSD card out, though. He got two tiny screwdrivers and pulled them out.

Thanks

Re: HELP! My MiniSD card is stuck in my Lenovo Y410 card reader slot too!

Quote Originally Posted by constructionsyt View Post
    A similar thing happened to me with my Lenovo Y410 notebook and 2GB MiniSD card. I tried sliding a prepaid cell card underneath the memory card just as alexification did but it didn't seem to work. It only pushed the MiniSD card further into the slot (which is designed for the larger SD cards, but claims to be a 5-in-1 card reader). My dad tried bending a paperclip and wrapping tape around it so the card would stick to it and come off when he pulled it out, however, even the paperclip got stuck, damaging a few pins and causing a particular golden component to block the way. In this case, what technique can I try in order to get it out? Do you suppose the card reader would still function after everything that happened?
    Here's the oh so easy fix! Take your duo pro adapter, turn it around, carefully slide it into the slot. It'll grab the SD card, pull out slowly - bingo! Got on the 1st try.

Thanks

Hm, went to all the trouble of registering and everything so I can give my thanks to Agent for his earbud idea. I stuck a mini-sd memory card into my minutes old Sony T2 digital camera (figuring if it was the incorrect card, it wouldn't fit and guess what, it did fit, SNUGLY, and wouldn't come back out) and when I tried to 'push to eject' as per instruction, I only managed to push it in deeper.

For MdSalih who's worried about getting glue all gooped up inside the port, the solution is to not just flatten the cut-off earbud stick but to cut it lengthwise so that it's thinner. Also not to apply the superglue directly on to the stick, but to place a small amount of the glue on a newspaper and to dip the stick in the tiny puddle of glue, making sure that only one side makes contact (I had to do this because the memory card 'slot' was more slit than slot.

This idea totally worked & i LOVE my Sony T2! Thanks again Agent.

6. Received thanks from:

Agent (26-12-2008)

Thanks

Always nice to see someone register to say thanks

Cheers leslie_yap - nice to know posts back from 2006 still come in useful.
    Have a good xmas
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb

This threas is a perfect argument for not auto-locking threads after pre-determined amount of time

Thanks

Smile Re: Stuck Sony memory card in SD card slot on laptop...

i had the same problem. geez, since it was my mom's laptop i have to do something very quick.

i just used a safety pin, nipper and my hands. I bent the pointed part of the safety pin using a nipper then it's time to do the process.

just place the pointed part of your improvised tool to the top of the memory card that was stuck then try to pull your tool once you felt that it is now attached to the stuck thingy. voila! problemo solved!

i first used a needle but i cant bend it since it is cut once i try it with the nipper. safety pins are better. you have a handle and enough length for the solution of the matter.

Thanks

Lol..googled this and was fairly surprised so many ppl had this problem!

what i did was use a spring hair clip (i can't post a url but you can google it) and poke it in without opening it. once you hook it under or above it, pop the clip open and hook one edge of it on the other side of the memory card. pop it close again, trapping the memory card in between the hair clip.
    then just pull it out. one minor glitch is that it won't come out fully so you might need to trap the memory card about half of the depth of the hair clip.

i hope this makes sense.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

It does, but I guess after 3 years the OP has either succeeded or replaced the equipment!

Welcome to Fexus btw!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

I also just registered solely to say thanks.

I used alexification's method only with a playing card instead. I cut it vertically so it would fit in the slot and there was no way it was going to get stuck inside as well. After getting it under the memory card and pulling it out a few times, it worked. So relieved!

My stupid Toshiba laptop has little SD, Memory Stick, and xD logos underneath the memory card slot, so I assumed I could put it in. Guess not.

Thanks

OK OK

I just signed up having the same problem.

It was my Sony 16 gig memory card pro stuck in my uncles computer.

My uncle is visiting from Guatemala and decided to buy a laptop. Knowing that he leaves tomorrow I was going to put in pictures and I thought it would of have fit into the slot since the guy at the store said it will. Obviously they are just there to get paid and not help the customer, clearly. Well anyways, I got it stuck and couldn't get it out. I tried some tweezers, no luck it was in too deep and the tweezers didn't work, ran to Walgreens to buy some thinner tweezers, no luck either. Then I used a paper clip and nothing. Tried the butterknife, Nothing. Tried the butterknife with tape on it. Still nothing. So, what I ended up doing was grabbing to steak knives, one on top of the card, then the bottom. Placed the labtop upright, and yanked the shyt out of it.

Nothing got damaged, everything back to normal, and now I can stop worrying.

And one thing, he didn't know it was there, he's not into technology. So if I couldnt get it out, he would of have taken it all the way to Guatemala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Peace!

Thanks

Re: TWEEZERS!

Dudes, i just used tweezers to get the obstinate little thing out. Bend them the opposite way and just use one to pull it out so far, then once its jutting out more on the one side put them back together and use them as you would normally to pull it out. They do need to be quite small. Hope this helps

Thanks

Smile Re: Stuck Sony memory card in SD card slot on laptop...

after also going through the same trauma I decided to share another method!
    I'd just got my new laptop and wanted to upload the photos, so slot the memory card straight in, finding it stuck in deep! after panicking whilst trying several of the methods posted and no success I decided to try something new!
    i didn't think superglue would be a good idea at all (especially since the reason for this new laptop was cos my i broke my other!) so i used 2 hair grips, pulled the two prongs apart so they were like two sticks, and sort of prized the memory card out after repeated poking down both sides of the memory card simultaneously (sort of dragging it out).
    the only bad point to this was that while i was doing it my laptop was beeping non-stop until the memory card came out lol oh well it worked!...also no damage done!

Thanks

Re: HELP! My MiniSD card is stuck in my Lenovo Y410 card reader slot too!

Quote Originally Posted by flaed40 View Post
    Here's the oh so easy fix! Take your duo pro adapter, turn it around, carefully slide it into the slot. It'll grab the SD card, pull out slowly - bingo! Got on the 1st try.
    Registered only to give a big thanks and praise on your suggestion! IT WORKED! I was seconds from giving up and throwing my laptop out the window in sheer frustration but decided to give it one more try using your method and finally after 4 days i was able to get that stupid piece of sh!t out!

Thank you once again and i would totally name my first born after you!

Thanks

thank you all so so so so so much. haha i registered solely to say thanks as well.

i just got a new week-old acer aspire 4810TG and inserted my sony Memory duo card into the 5-in-1 reader slot without the adaptor and it got wedged very deep inside and i was just devastated because i had 4GB worth of pics on it. i tried using tweezers but that pushed it in further. and so i googled and came on this forum and read everyone's suggestions. and basically, i pulled my tweezers apart so i was using just one side of the tweezer placed flat on one side of the memory card, and the memory card adaptor placed flat on the other side of the memory card, and i just gripped it firmly and pushed back and forth till it freed up and pulled it out!

and nothing's spoiled!

so thanks everyone once again!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information