Thread: Need some tech support

Thanks

Need some tech support

Ok here is a puzzler for you all.

My pc is a recent home build(Abit ab9 motherboard,core 2 duo e6600,ati 1950 pro,250Gb sata hdd and 1 gb ddr2 533 ram witha a ocz 700W ps).Now for the problem.After a random amount of time(has been as small as 10 minutes and a max of about 30 mins) the computer will restart.Now at first i assumed faulty part however the pc runs fine when playing games,running folding at home and when doing full system tests(burnintest 5,memtest,prim95)but it will reset when ever i do something less intesive,listing to music, checking emails ,typing this post(crashed 3 times already).

All test ran for a 1hour at full load and found no errors with anything and i have had 2 copys of folding at home running for almost 3 hours now with no resets,same with games.Ive also done a full wipe of my hdd and reinstall but i am still getting the same problem.Im now completely stumped and without knowing whats wrong i cant return any of the parts for replacment .

So can anyone give me a clue here as to what they think is the problem,if you need more info just ask for it and ill post it as soon as possible.Thanks
    Last edited by kelder; 10-02-2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Part of post missing

Thanks
    Probably a throttling problem. I don't know much about intels so I'm afraid cant be more specific.
    With love and many thanks,

Melons

Thanks
    nvm.It looks like it was a doggy driver from ati,in the catalist control center it had no information.Since going back to a older one all the information now appears.So for now it looks like the problem is solved,thought still dont know why it only caused a problem when the video card was not under stress

Thread Information