Thread: New Rig Not Behaving...

Thanks

Unhappy New Rig Not Behaving...

Recently bought components to build my own rig, (for the first time).

CPU: Intel E6600 2.4GHz

GPU: 512MB Gainward GF7900 GS

H/D: 320GB Samsung SATA2

MOBO: ASUS P5N32 SLI Premium

RAM: Corsair Twin X 2GB DDR2

P/S: 600W SEASONIC

Everything seemed to go together as it should, all drivers installed without any problems and windows is running fine, but im having issues with a couple of things. As i quit Battle field 2 back to windows i get a system failure, as if it hasn't quite shut down the game properly, i also get the occasional major glitch while playing on line. The same problem arose when i tried to run the free download of 3Dmark 06. The system crashed out near the end, without giving any score, just a mixed up screen flashing on and off.... Also a rapidly rising blood pressure i might add!!!!

Thought i had a driver issue, so as the system had barely anything on it i decided to start over, reformat the drive, re-install windows and all drivers.. No problems arose, although i didn't try 3dmark again. A couple of weeks on and bf2 is still a bit glitchy on line, maybe my connection or servers not really sure. But i have run into the same system crash, this time on the game F.E.A.R by sierra studios. Although this may be a demanding game on max settings, with my system speck, i thought it would be able to handle all of this without a problem.....

Could this be down to faulty hardware, an issue with the compatibility of components or something else??????

Sorry, if i have gone on a bit.
    A bit of a newbie at forums and the like.

Any help would be much appreciated.....

***** Lurker
    Thanks
    • d3fiant's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GB X58A-UDR3 FB11
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 2x 120GB OCZ Agility SSD + 500GB SP F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GB Windforce GTX670 2GB
      • PSU:
      • 850W Akasa
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" 1920x1080 Iiyama LED
      • Internet:
      • 60MB VM
    Welcome to Hexus fella. I have a similar system (click 'My System' on the left) and play BF2 quite a bit and do not have any problems, nor do most of the lot who I play with, again with very similar setups so its not the hardware cannot do it.

Lets see if we can find the problem. Post more info as to ur setup, such as OS, main driver versions such as Nvidia Forceware version, also what settings within the game do u use, resolution, AA etc. The more info we can get about ur setup the better. System and gfx temps while gaming and at idle would help

Hope we can help

FYI I play BF" @ 1280*1024 with all settings at High and 4xAA. I also have Vista Home Premium and the Forceware 100.xx beta drivers with no major issues. My graphics card is a little higher spec but a that res it shouldnt be a major prob

Thanks
    O.K.

Main driver nv4_disp.dll

VGA DRIVER VERSION 6.14.10.9147

nvidia geforce 7900GS driver version 9.1.4.7

Pci system management bios driver 5.1.2600.2180

Intel core2 cpu driver 5.1.2600.0

nvidia network bus enumerator properties driver 60.1.5.0 ( seem to have two identical entries in the device manager????)

nvidia nforce networking controller properties driver 60.1.5.0

ACPI multiprocessor pc properties driver 5.1.2600.0

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    nvidia nforce 590/570/550 serial ata controller driver 5.10.2600.667 ( also seem to have three identical entries in the device manager???)

So loads more drivers i could quote from device manager, hope these have some relevance to the reply you posted....

Running widows xp home edition service pack 2

I did try and update nvidia driver from gainwards home page, but had the most up to date version....

Been looking at the 'Manage 3D Settings'. See there are options for configuring for individual games, is this something that might help???

As far as in game settings im running with everything as hi as possible. But have tried all low settings and still have the same issues....
    Is it likely to be the one problem across the three applications,(3dmark, bf2 and fear)???

Temps are OK, i think. Idle cpu:43c. Mobo:37c. Not sure about gfx..
    How can i monitor in game temps??

z80
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagandub View Post
    O.K.
    I did try and update nvidia driver from gainwards home page, but had the most up to date version....
    It may be worth installing the generic drivers from nvidia.com

If you check the system and application event logs is there anything logged at the time of the crash?

Thread Information