Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComputers

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComputers

It's time for another HEXUS.winners win4FREE competition, and we've got yet another cracking prize!

This time around, HEXUS has teamed up with MoreComputers.com to give the HEXUS.community members an opportunity to win £550 worth of Logitech kit.

MoreComputers.com, an award-winning online retailer, has been in business for 15 years and is keen to know what you think of its online-shopping experience. In return, it's giving you the chance to win a set of Z5500 speakers, a G25 wheel, a G15 keyboard, a G9 mouse, a Pro 9000 webcam, a Freedom joystick and a Chillstream gamepad - phew!

So, what do you need to do in order to win this bagful of Logitech kit? Well, it's easy, just visit the MoreComputers.com website and then answer the following three survey questions:

1. Was there anything you particularly liked about the MoreComputers.com site?
    2. Was there anything you really didn't like about the MoreComputers.com site?
    3. Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.

That's all there is to it! We won't be accepting e-mail entries for this one, answers must be posted in this forum thread by no later than August 31st 2008.

If you aren't chosen as the lucky winner, stay tuned to the HEXUS Shopping and retail therapy forums where Brian Trevaskiss, MoreComputer's operations and marketing manager, will be dropping in to post special offers over the coming months.

So, what are you waiting for? Post your answers for a chance to win! Good luck everyone, we'll be picking our lucky winner soon after the competition closes.

Rules and Regulations

• The competition winners will be picked at random from all eligible entries that arrive by midnight of the closing date, August 31st 2008
    • Competition entries are only applicable via the HEXUS.net community forums
    • In event of any dispute the judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
    • Only one entry is permitted per household. The winner will be notified by email no later than 14 days after the closing date
    • The grand prize is £550 worth of Logitech kit
    • HEXUS.net will do everything to ensure a speedy delivery of of your prize, we cannot guarantee a delivery date
    • In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater specification
    • Competitions are open to residents in the UK who are over 12 years of age
    • Entrants can be assured that no details will be kept on file or re-distributed
    • Prize Draws are not open to employees of HEXUS.net and their affiliates, agencies, suppliers, sponsors and members employees' immediate families
    • Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions

Useful links

MoreComputers.com

Read more.
    Last edited by Parm; 12-08-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks
    • Mithrandir's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TP45-HP
      • CPU:
      • C2D e4600 (w/ Xigmatek Red Scorpion)
      • Memory:
      • OCZ ReaperX (2x2gb)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition
      • PSU:
      • Xigmatek NRP-MC651
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Cavalier 3 silver (windowed)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu Siemens SCALEOVIEW D22W-1

Re: Headlines - HEXUS.winners win4FREE competitions: win £550 worth of Logitech kit f

Woohoo! Another competition. Hope I win something this time, and the prizes are a gamers dream!
    Cavalier-X: Biostar TP45-HP ¦ E4600@3.1ghz - Xigmatek Red Scorpion (OCZ Freeze) ¦ OCZ ReaperX 2x2gb (792mhz @ 4-4-4--12) ¦ Xigmatek NRP-MC651 ¦
    Palit 8800gt ¦ X-fi Fatal1ty Gamer ¦ Coolermaster Cavalier 3 (Silver/Windowed) ¦

Poseidon Magma: MSI P45 Zilent ¦ E6300@3.0ghz - Coolermaster Hyper 212 (MX-2) ¦ Corsair 2x2gb (880mhz @ 5-5-5-15) ¦ Corsair HX450w ¦
    xfx 9600gt Alphadog edition (780/1950/1000) ¦ X-fi Gamer ¦ Gigabyte Poseiden ¦

Thanks
    • shadowmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.6Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • Kingston SSD V series 64GB + Samsung F3 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 5870 1GB in Crossfire
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 1200W Dark Power Pro
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Stacker 832 SE
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3 x BenQ G2222HDL 21.5inch 1080p
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

Re: Headlines - HEXUS.winners win4FREE competitions: win £550 worth of Logitech kit f

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Woohoo! Another competition. Hope I win something this time, and the prizes are a gamers dream!
    I know, the prizes are sweet.

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

Re: HEXUS.winners win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComputer

Was there anything you particularly liked about the MoreComputers.com site?
    nice functions to easily narrow down search options into manufacturers

very nice mobile phone version of the site that cuts out most of the bumf that you normally get displaying incorrectly or taking an age to load... it's nice and zippy and it's just pure info...

they accept solo

various delivery options with multiple couriers

Was there anything you really didn't like about the MoreComputers.com site?
    one slight instant niggle is the quality of the icon that appears in tabs and the URL bar.. it just looks very tacky..

also, alot of the images on the main page are very pixelated/blurred and it subtracts from the appeal of the site. (infact just most of the images on the site are of low quality)

absence of very enthusiastic products such as GTX280's

computer cabinets is an obscure name for a case... and also fans are very prominent within the category despite having their own category

a very low selection of cases... the main option being antec.. it would be nice to see some Lian Li's or Silverstones...

alot of whitespace when viewed at 1980*1200

the bottom section of the website has no boundary lines, which help distinguish between things.

IMHO the location of the about us button is a bit odd, as i would expect it to be on the opposite end of the selection bar...

error on the delivery tab: Initial City Link, they are not called initial city link anymore... it is just city link

also, the fact that they use city link is (in my area) a bad point... but they use TNT as well and i've never had a problem with them...

Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.
    get a higher range of stock allowing me to purchase everything that i want from one company instead of flitting around several to get what i want....

a dedicated support forum on, oh, i don't know, one of them tech sites.. bit-techs supposed to be good right? mebbe there would be a good idea (i keeed, i keeeed)

overall, despite me picking out more bad than good... it is a nice site and i may use it in the future... as it is nice and light instead of the usual bombardment of advertising and whatnot.. it's just pure and simple 'this is what we have, do you want some?'

and in other news... i want to win sooo badly
    but in true honour... good luck to everyone who enters...

also, the links in the article point towards the wrong thread... they point to the FSP notebook adapter thingy
    Last edited by TAKTAK; 12-08-2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: muchos typos
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Re: HEXUS.winners win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComputer

The ability to search by letter from subgroup, and also filter quickly and easily and easily find the most popular in each category

Ordering on product information wasn't regular, seeing a description before a review feels better
    Also says no hidden charges, but postage rates on site are in small writing and ex VAT, could possibly be inc VAT and clearer

Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.

I would like to see more product request options, as a suggestion for a product to be stocked, such as a particular controller or peripheral, as some companies make this feature rather difficult to do.
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value

Re: HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComput

The shameless use of pink.

A little bit too much white space.

3. Finally, if there was one thing any retailer could do to solve a problem you have with online shopping, what would it be? Or, if you prefer, just tell us something another retailer does that you'd like to see MoreComputers.com do.

A Scan2Hexus-type free shipping scheme!

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2

Re: HEXUS.winners - win4FREE competitions :: win £550 of Logitech kit from MoreComput

Simplicity, navigation by various categories.
    Clear Summary of key deals/promotions
    Well laid out, not overly crowded.

Search function - takes forever. Rest of the site loads snappily, so I presume it is a problem limited to the search function.
    Lots of white space, especially when viewed at 1680x1050. Oh, and pink can be hard to read for the prices in bright sunlight (laptop display - 15.4" 1680x1050).

Wish list - to allow me to select items for my next order if I am in no particular hurry to get them.
    Deal with Hexus, free carriage or something

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2

Damn, I didn't read the thread before posting, but Theo's thoughts mirror my own

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Very easy to naviagte to the area you want to go, none of the bloated thigns on most sites now adays. The site loads pretty quick which is great for me when im capped on my broadband.

Not many high end products are stocked which is a shame, even the mid range is slightly missed in terms of graphics card with the highest being a 9600GSO(8800GS) at £60. The site could do with better categories for example hard drives, its very hard to find a specific size as you have togo to components and then select hard drives and filter threw the whole stock at a price sorting, it makes looking for a certain hard drive size or something alot harder to compare price. Nothing else ive noticed.

Looking at their site it seems you have to pay for delivery for a return after 7days, this is the main problem i have with online shopping. If electronics fail within warranty it should be collected at the manufactoers own expense(normally do if you email them first) instead of paying for a replacement, if you buy it from a store its free to replace so why cant online go the extra mile? Atleast free delivery should be valid for 6months because it is up to the retailer to prove it wasnt faulty at sale. Thats probably the only issue i have with online sales.

Had to enter, need a new keyboard+ speakers and anything else given . Maybe my luck will be great for a second time and win something , thanks for the competition hexus and More computers.
    Last edited by Hicks12; 12-08-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: removed astrix from quote lol
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

DDY
    Thanks
    • DDY's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z390M Pro 4
      • CPU:
      • i5 9600k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Adata SX8200 NVME 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 5700
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 550W
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H

1)

Contact Telephone number on front page unlike other E-tailers which have it buried under several FAQ pages.

2)

Pages don't scale, on both my monitors, 1680x1050 and 1280x1024 (v.bad on WS) there are white bars to the sides.

3)

Free delivery, my two favorite E-tailers have it, I hardly shop elsewhere!

Registered+
    Thanks

Nice selection of goods, and a good clean layout.

Dont know if its normal for etailers but saying an order will 'usually dispatched the same day' wouldnt be good enough for me, If i place an order i want it dispatched the same day..

My main problem with online shopping is that theres nowhere local to return goods to, if you could manage to fix that I would be impressed

Thanks
    • Ivor Crayon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock 939Dual-SATA2
      • CPU:
      • Opteron 175
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR540
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Barracuda 7200.7
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon X1900XT
      • PSU:
      • 700W
      • Case:
      • Generic
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22" CRT
      • Internet:
      • 2Gb

Getting to see the full price including postage straightaway!

Like many such sites there's just too much clutter on the front page. The first etailer to present a simple way to navigate to a precise product or a range of products is going to make a killing! I've always thought that a simple "bubble" approach might work. Where the central bubble has sub-content bubbles surrounding it. Clicking on a sub-bubble and it is centered and surrounded by sub-content bubbles. So you could start with a front page with some basic bubbles; say, PC, MAC, etc. Clicking on those would centre that bubble and surround it with say, Hardware, Software, Manufacturers and Publishers. Clicking on one of those would center it and surround it with different products. You get the idea. These cluttered sites might be okay for us techies, but there's a whole larger consumer base out there that likes to be led by the hand.

What’s next? Oh yes...

I'll tell you something another etailer got wrong! Something a lot of etailers could miss if they're not careful. I purchased a graphics card a few years back from an etailer, but the card was out of stock. They were going to get new stock in a month and this card was both cheap and rarer than hen's teeth at the time. So I set up my account and placed the order. During the wait my credit card was renewed so I had a new expiry date. Keen to make sure this wouldn't cause a problem I updated my account details. So the card eventually came back into stock and I eagerly awaited for mine to arrive. It was such a popular card it went out of stock again quite quickly. It really was a great deal. I waited for mine to arrive. I waited, and waited. Then I started to read feedback from buyers on the site saying how they had placed their order and the card arrived the next day. Alarm bells started to ring. I contacted the etailer and it would seem that they tried to charge my card but authorization failed . Their online system had a flaw, whereby changes to a user's account were not copied over to outstanding orders. So my new expiry date was never used. The site didn't even send me an email notifying me that they had encountered a problem. So I had waited patiently for a month for this damn card to come back into stock, only to see it sold to everyone else bar me! The etailer was very apologetic, and eventually sent me the product a month later in a brown cardboard box someone had obviously returned. I kept the card, but to rub salt into the wound took a £200 hit on the thing when I upgraded 12 months later. Graphics cards!! Geez!!

So PLEEEASE, transfer updated account information to outstanding orders and use our email address when things go wrong.

BTW, that etailer went bust this year.

Hexus.trombonist
    Thanks
    • Powderhound's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz under a Xigmatek HDT-S1283
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC 1066MHz
      • Storage:
      • 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650W
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Home Premium, Ubuntu 8.10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung T220 22"
      • Internet:
      • Plus.net Broadband Your Way Option 2

1)
    Logical product categories allow you to quickly find a product without wondering what it comes under, unlike many online stores

Live stock checks are useful.

2)
    When narrowing your options down once you have selected the category, it seems a bit strange to have the brands, then popular choices and finally the subcategories; you will generally be loooking for a particular product type, so the subcategory should come first, followed by the brand, and popular choices should go below this; after all, you won't usually go to a site thinking "I want a Logitech product", but rather "I want a joystick", for example. A little more precision would also be good in terms of narrowing things down; for example, I'd like to be able to just see Intel's Core 2 CPUs without Celerons and Xeons

I also feel the colors don't quite do it for me; in particular the combonation of pink titles, light yellow brand selection background and light blue subcategory selection background.

From a little playing around I'm guessing that out of stock items aren't listed at all. I'd like it if they could be listed so that you know that at some point they will be stocked, with the option to receive an email update when they are.

Finally a little niggle; the Intel logo is the old one, which makes it look as though the site is out of date.

3)
    I'd like to see an option to receive email notifications of price changes, as well as the aforementioned stock notifications. Free shipping above a minimum order is always nice.
    Last edited by Powderhound; 13-08-2008 at 08:37 AM.

Tag
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HEXUS View Post
    easy to find delivery costs, tracking and other information
    easy to browse categories

nothing immideatly jumps out, will have a poke around and see if i can find anything

i would love it if a retailer would work closely with a courier to give a varied reliable delivery times, for example evenings, or reasonable weekend delevery costs

Thanks

Simple clean layout. Easy to use. No clutter. An actual stock count on the page is a big bonus. The links to youtube videos on some of the items are also a nice idea.

Some of the categories could use some more breakdown options for narrowing the search. Having to go by manufacturer only in some of the sections isnt very intuitive.
    The recently viewed box is a bit far down the page, it could be moved over to the left where there is some space.

Free shipping would be nice. Either through Hexus or if you spend over a certain amount like amazon.

Thanks

Easy to get to details such as delivery details and returns in the tabs at the top. No messing around with reading through support pages or anything. I nice geographic number. Not some 0870 scam.

Pink and black reminded me a bit of pcworld (.co.uk), could confuse people?
    Bit 'busy' with all the logos. You have Google Checkout, Paypal, all the credit and debit cards, Twatwe security logo, and Hacker Guardian *twice* on every page (bottom of right hand column and in page footer). Seems a little excessive.

Not a major problem, but I do like websites that have dimension measurements and weights in the item description. For some things this is more important than others, but more info in general in the description is always better. Not specifically you, but some companies tend to just copy and paste the marketing document into the description. I find this utter hopeless telling me how my "lifestlye will be improved with the new model of the widget 2000 upgraded to make your life more enjoyable". I expect to see specification details, data sheets etc.
    Twigman

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information