Thread: HEXUS.lifestyle breeds hybrid NTFS/ext2 hard disk!

Thanks

HEXUS.lifestyle breeds hybrid NTFS/ext2 hard disk!

The tale I'm about to relate leaves me totally mystified. So I write this in the hope that someone a whole lot smarter than me will be able to explain what I find totally inexplicable.

I realise that the laws of genetics let you cross an Alsatian dog with a miniature poodle or a horse with a zebra - and interbreed a whole lot of other critters that are related to one another.

But what I didn't know - and simply cannot understand - is how it has been possible for me to have created, Frankenstein-like, a hard-disk partition that appears to be a cross between two unrelated and incompatible standards - Windows NTFS and Linux ext2!

Until recently, the entire drive had been given over to an ext2-formatted partition.

However, the ext2 partition has since been deleted and a Windows NTFS partition put in its place but the files on the partition have survived all this and are now accessible under Windows!
    Check out the mystifying details and PLEASE - visit my blog and tell me what the hell is going on!

And do, please, comment only in my blog - not here.

(Pic courtesy of Bowdoin College)
    Last edited by Bob Crabtree; 28-02-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Thread Information