Thread: Review :: Silverfall - PC

Thanks

Review :: Silverfall - PC

From the peaks of Silverfall the Fair to the mist-enshrouded city of Cloudworks, your quest will take you far and wide as you clash headlong with the enemy.

Check out the Review

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber
    Bought this on Tuesday, played through the intro level and have to admit like the style they have chosen for it. Only downside is that it is a real system hog and doesn't run overly great and my system isn't to bad. There is a patch but it appears not to do anything with performance.

After a few minutes play it is quite easy to get to grips with the camera controls, albeit they are different from most RPG's.

The world and characters themselves are decently varied and I must admit that the scenery and locations I have visited so far look gorgeous.

If you like Diablo style games then this is definately for you, it draws you in from the word go. Very interesting concept with the nature and machines.

I did have a few probs installing and the autorun making my system stop responding. Ran the setup file directly from the disk and installed on a different partition and it was good to go eventually. It does take a while to install however and the loading ingame is quite lengthy. Make sure you have plenty disk space, the game requires a minimum of 9 Gb free space to get all the files on there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferral View Post
    Bought this on Tuesday, played through the intro level and have to admit like the style they have chosen for it. Only downside is that it is a real system hog and doesn't run overly great and my system isn't to bad. There is a patch but it appears not to do anything with performance.

After a few minutes play it is quite easy to get to grips with the camera controls, albeit they are different from most RPG's.

The world and characters themselves are decently varied and I must admit that the scenery and locations I have visited so far look gorgeous.

If you like Diablo style games then this is definately for you, it draws you in from the word go. Very interesting concept with the nature and machines.

I did have a few probs installing and the autorun making my system stop responding. Ran the setup file directly from the disk and installed on a different partition and it was good to go eventually. It does take a while to install however and the loading ingame is quite lengthy. Make sure you have plenty disk space, the game requires a minimum of 9 Gb free space to get all the files on there.
    I had to send my first copy back, had huge installation problems. It was a week after receiving it that I finally got it to work.

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber
    For me it wouldn't install on the D partition of my main hard disk. Sat there on the first file doing nothing. I had to install it on my secondary drive that has my Vista installation on it. Not sure whether it is a manufacturing fault, my DVD drive or the fact that it is just bad code on the autorun menu that causes the installation problems.

Once it is installed and good to go however the hassle is well worth it in the long run as it is a great game. Can't decide what it is about it, just draws you in and keeps you interested. Yeah we have seen it many times before in the likes of Dungeon Siege and Diablo etc, but there is just something about the world and characters that demands attention. Looks likes this is one of those games that in a few years will have a cult following. Just like Tim Burtons Nightmare Before Christmas, not massive when released but now is loved by many.

Will also be interesting to see what the mod community come up with on this one, could be something really special with the nature and machine elements. Steampunk crossed with Diablo!

Thread Information