Thread: HEXUS.lifestyle - reviews :: DivX Stage6 (beta) - the high-def rival to YouTube

Thanks

HEXUS.lifestyle - reviews :: DivX Stage6 (beta) - the high-def rival to YouTube

Stage6 - DivX's advanced rival to video-sharing sites such as YouTube - is now in its beta development phase. Bob Crabtree checks it out to see if the quality is as good as is claimed and to consider its prospects.
    Alex Belcher (click here for larger image; click here for the video)

More.

Thanks
    I thought Stage6 has been in development for ages? I've been there multiple times in the last few months, or am I missing something? You've probably mentioned that in the article but I haven't got round to reading it (meeting time in 5mins), I was just referring to the quote in the above post.

Anyway, its a nice site. The only thing I can see putting others off, (haven't read the full review, but just skipped to the last page and noticed you have mentioned it also) is the fact it requires its own software/plugin (last time I used it, it did.. I presume this is still the case) which is enough to stop the heathen users of YouTube converting.

I'm not sure if thats a pro or a con

Thanks
    Ah, I see the new change now I've visted the site.. haha. A very Joost-esque interface!

Registered+
    Thanks
    i watched a short clip first time i visited stage 6 and half way through the clip stopped playing and so i reloaded the page the website gave me a message saying they were upgrading to beta... made me so mad i just wanted to watch the rest of the clip... i had to wait ages for them to upgrade.

i cant see much of a difference between stage6 and veoh they seem so similar in my oppinion not that i care as i almost never watch tv and consider these kind of websites to be just online tv (by which i mean theres no interaction you can only spectate) i much prefer to do something constructive like frag a terrorist in americas army

Thanks
    Stupidly, I forgot to advise folk that I'd updated the original article a good few days ago.

Sorry.

DivX came back with a right2reply and I included that in the article and added some comments of my own.

Bottom line is that DivX (nice people, not incidentally) pointed out - in a very even-handed and cool way - that, actually, Stage6 does offer some features I said it lacked.

My response, paraphrased, was that I only missed them cos they were so very well hidden.

Thread Information