Thread: Evesham restructures following Government scheme closure

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Evesham restructures following Government scheme closure

We've been mulling over the fate of Evesham for some time now, amidst various nuggets of news that have made their way to us. Including but not limited to details of various directors departing from the company and low staff morale. Today Evesham has issued two press releases detailing its future, having a dig at the Government in the process.
    Read more.

Thanks
    oh goodie - so time own evesham now then?

Thanks
    • soulsniper's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
      • Memory:
      • 4x Nanya 512MB PC-6400 DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 1x Maxtor 500GB SATAII, 2x Maxtor 200GB SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG nVidia 7600GT OC 256MB
      • PSU:
      • 650W
      • Case:
      • Akasa Zen Black
      • Monitor(s):
      • Belinea 19" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • Demon 8MB ADSL

Not true!

"will continue to receive support from the same Evesham staff "

That's not exactly true, as most of us have been let go

Thanks
    Ya you should check the thread on the register.

Evesham are disgrace, Richard Austin and renowned TIME criminals have shafted a lot of loyal and good people in standard TIME fashion.

Do not buy anything from this company as you'll be on borrowed time with your support, you can guarantee that!

And 99% of the staff that gave Evesham the reputation it HAD are no longer there, just like it's reputation, they were screwed out of redundancy too.

Thanks
    • amjedm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N-Sli Premium
      • CPU:
      • Athlon X2 4200 S939 + Scythe Ninja rev A
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR PC3200
      • Storage:
      • Samsung T 160GB Sata in Scythe Quiet Box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 6600 256MB + Cooling Mod
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 485 (fanless) - lower chamber P180 fan doing the PSU cooling
      • Case:
      • P180 (modded - easier cable routing, front and rear grills cut)
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" WTQ?
      • Internet:
      • O2 8MB (Standard)
    How are they going to provide support if only 40 (out of 400 ish) are left???

My nephew is one of the ones made redundant.

Thanks
    just to put some truth in to the ball court, i have work at evesham for 14 years and over the last year the company has stuggled due to poor management and constantly doing things on the cheep. The company had become a very bad place to work with lots of rows and back stabbing.

The company has not restructured so to speak, the company has been put into administration and moved to geemore technology, about 75% of the staff were taken to the canteen and told by the administrators that the deal had fallen through and an order had been lodged with the court and we were to collect our personal effects and get off the property. About 8 heavies were at the back door. A select few, mainly managers, tech support and workshop have been taken back on to give the look of the company carrying on regardless.. We all left with no redundancy or the remaining pay we were owed.....

A few interesting bits for new customers, all of the support, r&d and years of knowledge have been made redundant leaving a sliver over tech support.. So if the people designing and testing the products are no longer there how can you be buying the same 'evesham'

oh if you get a new machine and it has an white sticker on a component with emxxxxx it's made of second hand parts!

Herr Doktor Oetker, ja!!! pollaxe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sad news.

I've had a fair few dealings with Evesham - my work used to use Evesham PCs exclusively for a good while and I've owned a home system by them too. My sympathies FWIW to all of you who've been let go.

Thanks

Disgruntled Evesham Employee

"will continue to receive support from the same Evesham staff "

This is a disgrace. Richard Austin didn't even have the decency to arrange a call a lot of the employees to tell them they had lost their jobs. Most of them found out on the grapevine. Those that were in the office were given 5 mims to collect their belongings and were told to leave there and then. Shame on you Richard Austin. I have worked there for over 10 years and the word loyalty appears to have dissapeared from his vovcabulary. I am most dissapointed. Those that have kept their jobs now face an uncertain future with the possibility of being laid off in 2 or 3 months time when the company is relocated to India.

Thanks

Unhappy Evesham troubles!

I was going to buy form Evesham a few weeks ago but only found out about the current problems by inadvertantly seeing an article on Hexus.After what i have read i wont be buying form Evesham and will look elsewhere now.What ashame as they had a good reputation and the shop staff were very helpful.....feel sorry for those that will lose their jobs!

Thanks
    I feel sorry for the workers at Eveshams as it's not nice being made redundant like that. Similar thing happend to me not so long ago. I know it's not going to help but see it as one door shutting and another opening.

Thanks
    Had some interesting news, I received a phone call from the press ( wont say who at moment) how are doing an article on eveSHAM and the activites of Richard Austin and Shaun Morris to see if any criminal procedures can be brought and are seaking shafted employees to speak to

:-) best news i have had since friday

DR
    Thanks
    Please find below a statement issued by Evesham Technology’s Chairman, Richard Austin, at 4.00PM today:

“I can confirm that Evesham Technology went into administration on Friday 3rd August.”

“It’s no secret that Evesham Technology has been going through some financial difficulties having not been able to replace lost revenue of £30 million which was wiped off of the company’s turnover following the decision made by the Government to axe the HCI (Home Computer Initiative) at short notice. Other strong companies in the industry were hit hard by the demise of the HCI scheme. Many of these companies have not been fortunate enough to continue trading, resulting in the closure of many established UK companies and a loss of a number of jobs.”

“We had heavily invested and allocated many resources to the HCI scheme and as a result around 150 loyal and hardworking Evesham staff have also unavoidably lost their jobs. Many of the staff had worked for Evesham Technology for a number of years and so it is a sad loss to the Evesham Technology family, and to me personally. I have built this company from nothing over a 24 year period and only wish we could have avoided this situation.”

“The Evesham Technology brand has received an investment of $22 million from well known investor in the industry, Tahir Mohsan of PCC Technology, who recognized the potential of the Evesham brand and the popularity of its products. The company now known as GeeMore Technology Ltd will continue trading as Evesham Technology. As it stands 138 people are still employed here at Evesham.”

“Although we are all very sad that we have to continue trading without valuable, long standing Evesham staff, we will continue to trade in the UK as one the UK’s leading PC and Consumer Electronics manufacturers and uphold our enviable reputation for service and support. We hope that we have now past this unfortunate time in our company’s history and can look to a positive future.”

“We would like to reassure all of our customers that they will continue to receive support from Evesham and that their existing warranties will continue to be handled with Evesham’s award winning service, as before.”

Thanks
    Instead of putting the blame on the government all the time, surely the fraudsters who took advantage of the scheme, and lead to the decision to end it, should get a mention. Now, I'm not a proponent of the gov. and feel that the scheme was mis-handled in many ways, esp. the security, which was woeful (and thus allowed afore mention fraudsters to pounce).

Also, seems like bad management to invest so much money in an untried scheme, that it could force the Co. to fold (that's what we have spreadsheets for).

Of course, in the end, the only ones to take a serious hit are the employees, and my condolences are offered to them.

Will people still trust the eversham brand (that RA spent 24 years building), I'm not sure I would.

Thanks
    • amjedm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N-Sli Premium
      • CPU:
      • Athlon X2 4200 S939 + Scythe Ninja rev A
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR PC3200
      • Storage:
      • Samsung T 160GB Sata in Scythe Quiet Box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 6600 256MB + Cooling Mod
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 485 (fanless) - lower chamber P180 fan doing the PSU cooling
      • Case:
      • P180 (modded - easier cable routing, front and rear grills cut)
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" WTQ?
      • Internet:
      • O2 8MB (Standard)
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyT View Post
    Will people still trust the eversham brand (that RA spent 24 years building), I'm not sure I would.

I certainly won't trust them again.

The way they've treated their employees is unbelievable - what's to stop them treating their customers like that in the future?

Thanks
    Well the Evesham shop round the corner from where I work is shut up tight with a note in the window to contact head office with any enquiries.

Thread Information