Thread: Intel's Centrino development running on target. WiMAX will become pervasive, says Int

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Intel's Centrino development running on target. WiMAX will become pervasive, says Int

Find out a few more juicy morsels of Intel's upcoming Centrino refresh - Montevina.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Intel's Centrino development running on target. WiMAX will become pervasive, says

The major application for high-bandwidth comms is the internet (not video-calling, not Premiership goals, and definitely not overpriced music downloads). For the masses, WiMAX internet pricing will have to compete with wired costs to get anywhere, and this is only going to happen in low-density remote areas. I can see WiMAX replacing commercial WiFi hotspot networks for mobile commercial customers, but how many pay for a hotspot subscription out of their own pocket?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Intel's Centrino development running on target. WiMAX will become pervasive, says

Wi max should be a nice technology to have moving forward, but if you have a HDSPA based pocket pc / smartfone you have some pretty decent bandwidth to play with. I remember my delight at my first " broadband " connection - a 512k cable line. now ive got 1.8Mbs on my pocket pc. and thats not the fastest HDSPA either. I dont think connections are a problem with mobile devices, its the software and compatibility we need, we want, and we must have to really enjoy a balanced, well rounded mobile internet experience.
    SERVER: Atom N230 / 2GB DDR2 / 1TB / server 2k3 x64 Ent
    Media: A64-3800x2/6150LE/1GB / VISTA-HP-IA32
    Lappy: MSI Wind / Atom N270 / 2GB DDR2 / 80GB / VISTA U IA32
    Mobile: Samsung OMNIA WM 6.1

Thread Information