Thread: Xbox 360 helps boost Microsoft's quarter-one figures

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Xbox 360 helps boost Microsoft's quarter-one figures

Microsoft has announced its quarter one earnings for the fiscal year and has revealed that they've sold more than 13.4 million Xbox 360 consoles world wide since launch.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Xbox 360 helps boost Microsoft's quarter-one figures

But no mention of the $1b they've put aside for the repairs on the most unreliable console in console history.

Registered+
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Xbox 360 helps boost Microsoft's quarter-one figures

It has to be said microsoft really seem to be hitting there stride with the 360.
    Reference the comment about the extended warrentys and unreliable consoles:
    Yes, its true. xbox 360 fail rate is quiet scary. ive had 3 xbox's in my first year of ownership. Having said that tho, Hardware, what people focus on the most in format wars, is only one part opf the story.

I've just took the plung and purchased myself a ps3 ( strictly for mgs4 ) and i cant deny THE HARDWARE is better. The PS3 has a great finish and it FEELS quality. But the PS store feels tacked on and the titles that are on the machine, are fewer, and also mostly avalible on the 360. With the exception of DIRT, which does play better on my ps3, every other title plays as well, looks as good, and is a couple of quid cheaper for my x360.
    and now to my point: the ps3 hardware is better, but the software, the services, the whole package, just dosent shine like the 360. Live is seamlessley intergrated into the console, the games catalogue is getting more and more impressive, and the machine is a joy to play. sometimes having the best hardware is not enough, lok at DS vs PSP. DS is inferior on a technical basis, yet it owns the handheld market. Wii is a really rubbish bag of chips, but the games are ace and the controller :is very innovative, so much so it may well win the sales war of this generation. PS3 is mighty powerful, and will come of age, im sure, but there can be no denying 360's sucess.
    Now im off to play forza 2 whilst my PS3 accelerates hexus folding teams score untill MGS4 comes out.......
    SERVER: Atom N230 / 2GB DDR2 / 1TB / server 2k3 x64 Ent
    Media: A64-3800x2/6150LE/1GB / VISTA-HP-IA32
    Lappy: MSI Wind / Atom N270 / 2GB DDR2 / 80GB / VISTA U IA32
    Mobile: Samsung OMNIA WM 6.1

Thread Information