Thread: Army of Two shoots to the top of the charts

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Army of Two shoots to the top of the charts

Electronic Arts co-op shooter, Army of Two has blasted Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games off the number spot in this week’s multi-format videogames chart.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Army of Two shoots to the top of the charts

HMM best ask prime what he thinks.....Have you managed to get online yet?

Roll on 28th March for
    Condemned 2 : Bloodshot
    Gran Turismo Prologue

Thanks

sorry for the delay in reply - my personal net use at work has been cut off (LMAO the screenshots they used against me had you in most of them lol) but thats another story.

anyway - last night i finished the game in prefessional, which unlocks everything in the game. single player is SO MUCH FUN for action junkies, its an over the top tactical massacre! granted the campaign is VERY short but im not one to base a game solely on length, im having so much fun using different tactics which means different weapons, weapon mods, armour ect you can chose your very own playstyle right to the mark: go in heavy and draw fire with a minigun, let your partner do that while you flank them and take them out with a silenced assault rifle . . .or just get up close and put a pizza sized hole in the body of your foe with a modified shotgun or modded Desert Eagle

(sorry i get carried away when i talk about this game)
    i did manage to get a few games online mate yes, campaign and versus and its quite intense, really have to work togather in both cases BUT that in lies its downfall, until the official patch its a nightmare to get a game so i'd wait.
    other than that - BUY THIS GAME!!

XBOX: BauerPrime

4. Received thanks from:

gtech (11-03-2008)

Thanks

Sorry to hear that i'm getting you in trouble lol
    yay waiting for my headset to trun up from ebay, should be tommorrow, see you on burnout during the week mate, get some of them challenges done, i've done about 90/350 and got about 4 more left for two players, so it might be worth you hosting then your know what challenges you got left to do.. lol no internet access at work sux

Thanks

Prime - question for you - How do you take down the chopper? Should I have upgraded my weapon first?

Edit: Ignore me, I got it.

Thanks

Steve, how's ya beerbelly with all them big german glasses??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtech View Post
    Steve, how's ya beerbelly with all them big german glasses??
    I've had bad food poisoning since I got back. Only really back up and running today and still have only eaten toast since Saturday evening.

Those German sausages are never right

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steven W View Post
    Prime - question for you - How do you take down the chopper? Should I have upgraded my weapon first?

Edit: Ignore me, I got it.
    i see you got it by now theres a few of them which you gotta destroy differently:
    parachute sniper (2nd mission i think) - blow out the tail
    helecoptor on the roof used for terrorist escape - blow out fuel tank with co-op sniper
    Chinook in china (at the dam after you move the lock to change the water level) - you only need the £9.5k rocket launcher on it, aim for a rotor (dont spend 42k on the stinger as its free to get it through unlocking all weps in professional mode ) but this one in china is the only one you get a bonus for shooting down - any other chopper encounter you can shoot down if you want or just pepper the rear of them with gunfire as their rangers drop down dead

BRB gettin on burnout with young Gtech

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    i see you got it by now theres a few of them which you gotta destroy differently:
    parachute sniper (2nd mission i think) - blow out the tail
    helecoptor on the roof used for terrorist escape - blow out fuel tank with co-op sniper
    Chinook in china (at the dam after you move the lock to change the water level) - you only need the £9.5k rocket launcher on it, aim for a rotor (dont spend 42k on the stinger as its free to get it through unlocking all weps in professional mode ) but this one in china is the only one you get a bonus for shooting down - any other chopper encounter you can shoot down if you want or just pepper the rear of them with gunfire as their rangers drop down dead

BRB gettin on burnout with young Gtech
    Thanks, yep it was the one on the roof that had me baffled. I was trying to shoot it down once it took off. I didn't listen to the intro properly and kept trying it over and over again.

I've been wondering what I should buy and when to spend my money. I've got an AK47 maxed out, everything you can possible buy for it. Perhaps I should have saved it for something decent. Have to say though, Ive not had to use a grenade at all in the game so far on normal level. It's a bit to clumsy to switch to them quickly in a situation. Just some carefully thought out tactics seem to do the trick. Enjoying it though!

Thanks

to be honest mate thats a big annoyence of the game - you cant chose what ur partner uses, so he cant have loud and powerful guns while you sneak in and kill while he has aggro and vice verca. but basically i chance frequently for novelty, usually use (cant remember the bloody name now - playing burnout, waiting on gtech) but its the last assault rifle, after the famas. fully modded, shielded and grenade launcher with a desert eagle and Dragunov sniper rifle, basically have an automatic with an impact weapon - other times i just use the 2nd shotgun with an MP5 - its what ever suits your playstyle pal - think the only thing i regret spending loads of money on was the 44 magnum upgraded, its as accurate as stevie wonder witha water pistol even at close range - where as the modded eagle works wonders (same effect as the shotgun) for the heavy armoured guys you have to flank - use this or any other impact wep to put him on his arse, then you jump over him to get to his rear - easier than waiting on your partner

also - cool people play as salem

edit: the AK i still use at its the most powerful assault rifle, not to accurate but the enemy has more health on professional so it helps alot more, as for grenades - they serve a STRONG purpose later on when loads of enemy are hiding and just popign their gun over cover, get ur partner to take aggro - either throw a grenade to kill them or if they run out of cover when you throw it - mow them down
    Last edited by Prime; 11-03-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Thanks
    • Lord Midas's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 9700k w/ Corsair H100i Hydro PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 8GB x 2
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe M.2 + 2TB Intel 660p NVMe M.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus RTX 2080 TURBO 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM750x
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R6
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM88 Ultrawide 34" - 3440x1440
      • Internet:
      • Virgin - Speakers: Pair of Adam T5V

Prime, me ol' mucka, how do you control your team mate. Is it like Brothers In Arms and R6: Vegas? Or similar.

I'm just not sure I should get the game. It also seems to have got some average write ups. Gamespot
    Oh, hang on, they are moaning about the subject matter being a bit close to the bone (about Iraq, etc). Sod that, get in with the killin'!!!
    Kickstarters Pledged:
    Godus Stonehearth Rain World Satellite Reign

Thanks

lol the partner AI is a bit messy at times and can be a real ball ache, last night i finished it on professional to get all the weps free and found better ways of controlling them.
    the options are simple but whats needed:
    follow
    advance
    hold position

all options have passive and aggressive depending on wether you want him to take aggro or you. the only problem that you have no control over is when you get hit, you are down and can only fire from the floor until your partner drags you to safety and gives you meds - its a 50/50 on it working correctly or him pulling you into a group of heavy armour getting himself gunned down in the process lol.
    its kind of like Socom without the mic i guess.

as for scene subjects, its got events like Desert storm, 911, iraq ect but i think the most over the time event is when you are paid to take out a terrorist and when you find him he runs out of cover with a minigun screaming "FOR SADAM!!"
    lol made my jaw drop a little, but you take solace in blowing the cr@p out of him

Thread Information