Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Home community put on hold

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

PS3 Home community put on hold

Sony had confirmed that it would release its community-based Playstation Home service for PS3 in Spring this year, but has now confirmed for the second time that it is delaying the launch to "improve product quality".
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: PS3 Home community put on hold

Makes me glad I only really got my PS3 as a Bluray player. I have played the one exclusive game I was interested in and there are no others on the horizon. Now with this delayed it just becomes a disc spinner for me.
    Not around too often!

Thanks

I'll be honest, its getting a bit silly how long its taken to get home out of the door now, noone is going to be interested when its finally released now.

Makes me glad I didn't get the PS3 for home

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poozle View Post
    Makes me glad I didn't get the PS3 for home
    Why the hell would anyone even buy a PS3 for Home?

la la la
    Thanks

Exactly.

Home sounds pretty sad and time consuming to me.

Roll on gta

Welcome to stampytown! Salazaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Salazaar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450m Steel Legend
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT

I still don't see the point of Home...

If it's meant to be an online community then it's missing the ability to create a-la Second Life.

If it's just an interface to messaging/online services it seems like a really clunky way of doing it compared to a nice set of menus.

I get the feeling it's going to try and be a jack of all trades but master none of them.
    ____
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks

I have played the one exclusive game I was interested in and there are no others on the horizon.
    apart from METAL GEAR SOLID 4 !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtech View Post
    apart from METAL GEAR SOLID 4 !!
    Nope, including MGS4. I can't stand MGS, all that sneaking around rubbish.
    Not around too often!

Thanks

think ur talking bs tbh menthel sounds like uve given no other games a try.. Try GT5, try MGS4, try some footie games. If u dont like those styles of games, u shouldnt really be buying a console...

and salzaar is does have the ability to create, and should be really really good, from what ive seen.

Such negativity on the forum

Id rather wait then have it buggy as hell and lose interest
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin4458 View Post
    think ur talking bs tbh menthel sounds like uve given no other games a try.. Try GT5, try MGS4, try some footie games. If u dont like those styles of games, u shouldnt really be buying a console...

and salzaar is does have the ability to create, and should be really really good, from what ive seen.

Such negativity on the forum

Id rather wait then have it buggy as hell and lose interest
    Thanks for your extemely useful comments. I obviously will now go and immediately buy games of genres that I don't like just to please you. I play footie games but at the moment use my 360 as I prefer the controllers and like to listen to my own music whilst playing. I am also playing through mariokart on my wii and am looking forward to FF13 as and when that appears. I will have my own opinions and will play the types of games that I like, rather than those dictated because they are fashionable.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

Consoles bring out the worst in people.

Must get one, I'm missing out..
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

12. Received thanks from:

menthel (23-04-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dangel View Post
    Consoles bring out the worst in people.

Must get one, I'm missing out..
    The stupid thing is that I own all 3!
    Not around too often!

la la la
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by menthel View Post
    Thanks for your extemely useful comments. I obviously will now go and immediately buy games of genres that I don't like just to please you. I play footie games but at the moment use my 360 as I prefer the controllers and like to listen to my own music whilst playing. I am also playing through mariokart on my wii and am looking forward to FF13 as and when that appears. I will have my own opinions and will play the types of games that I like, rather than those dictated because they are fashionable.
    I have to kind of agree with merlin here..

Although buying games for the sake of it is a waste of time. If there is nothing that interests you on the ps3 then you cant like games..

There is a good version of every genre out or out in the very near future..What games could you possibly like if there is non that are of interest to you?

And if you bought it for a blu-ray player with no intent of playing games on it.. then why come crying when theres a delay on something that by and large is just a virtual chatroom..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_ View Post
    I have to kind of agree with merlin here..

Although buying games for the sake of it is a waste of time. If there is nothing that interests you on the ps3 then you cant like games..

There is a good version of every genre out or out in the very near future..What games could you possibly like if there is non that are of interest to you?

And if you bought it for a blu-ray player with no intent of playing games on it.. then why come crying when theres a delay on something that by and large is just a virtual chatroom..
    I have just been through the next 6 months of games on 360 and PS3. The only things that interest me at the moment are: GTA IV (I will get this on 360 because of preferring the controller and perhaps the bonus content), lego Indiana Jones (not sure of format I will purchase) and Fable 2 (which I can't see personally coming until 2009 anyways). The really big games for me will be FF13 as and when that arrives (2009/2010, who knows?) and fallout 3 (I hope they keep up the standard of the first 2). I expect I will also get some form of PES/FIFA again this year and perhaps a new Tiger Woods as I skipped 2008.

Good examples of each genre available? FPS I have played through Halo 3 and don't really like the look of any of the others at present. Adventure, have played through Uncharted, it was cracking and will get Lego Indy. Driving, am happy with Forza 2 as I just play with friends over the internet, I have no real urge for GT5, I have never really got on with the series. RPGs, have Lost Oddysey and will get the ones above when they are released. Sports, as above. I have no interest in Rock Band/Guitar hero games.

I don't see me crying about home, it would just ahve been something nice as an extra. However I do worry that this could also delay in game XMB, which the PS3 really needs. When that comes along (and I also see how the dual shock 3 fares), it may be that some of my multiplatform games move over.

Quite frankly I have been gaming for a hell of a long time and have refined my tastes down to what I like (whether it be 3d maze on the ZX81 or GTA 4), so don't really need lectures about gaming and what I should buy.

One last thing, all people that call themselves hardcore gamers are tits.
    Not around too often!

la la la
    Thanks

I agree people that spend hours upon hours on games need a clue chucked thier way..

Each to thier own on the games front, I presonally feel there is a bit of everything on the ps3..

But then again I am not "hardcore" enough to own all three like you do, so I cant make the comparison.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_ View Post
    I agree people that spend hours upon hours on games need a clue chucked thier way..

Each to thier own on the games front, I presonally feel there is a bit of everything on the ps3..

But then again I am not "hardcore" enough to own all three like you do, so I cant make the comparison.
    Nice attempt at turning round my own words. I own all 3 because I can afford them, not because of some inflated belief that I am a 'hardcore' gamer.

Anyways sorry for dragging this thread so off topic. Home delayed, will be here soon!

Lulz, lets argue on the internets!
    Not around too often!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information