Thread: Headlines - PUMA and Centrino 2 laptops from MSI

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Headlines - PUMA and Centrino 2 laptops from MSI

Over in the more traditional lappy section MSI have a couple of interesting offerings, namely the GX630 and GX720
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Headlines - PUMA and Centrino 2 laptops from MSI

If this is a PUMA notebook, why does it have an Nvidia GPU? PUMA notebooks I thought were supposed to be powered be either an on board ATI Radeon 3200 or a discrete ATI card, or both in Hybrid Crossfire X mode.

I suppose if the PUMA platform can include Nvidia cards, all the better.

If they're going to launch a surprise "skulltrail" like feature (crossfire+sli), ala Intel, that would be great.

But I doubt that last feature is something AMD would just keep a secret until launch. It's probably more likely that MSI didn't want to wait for AMD to be ready with the proper GPU for Hybrid Crossfire X, so they just launched this laptop with the discrete Nvidia chip instead.

Either way, I'm happy this day has finally come.

Thanks

Re: Headlines - PUMA and Centrino 2 laptops from MSI

I just wish they'd make their 'gaming' laptops look a little less, well, ****. I'm hardly ever swayed by aesthetics, but it looks awful. They're so tacky with that faux metal plating, and at least the GX600 is already known for its twisting and poor build quality.

The GX600 is almost my perfect laptop (well, I'd prefer a Mobility HD3650 in there like the new ASUS F8Sp), but I'll not be getting one as other than what's inside the case, it's absolutely dire.

Thread Information