Thread: Headlines - QNAP's Turbo NAS series given new software solutions with firmware 2.1.0

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Headlines - QNAP's Turbo NAS series given new software solutions with firmware 2.1.0

Users of QNAP's Turbo NAS series can now take advantage of Surveillance Station and QPKG support with firmware version 2.1.0.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Headlines - QNAP's Turbo NAS series given new software solutions with firmware 2.

I'd really like HEXUS to actually test this firmware, and come to the same conclusion I (and others) have:

QNAP keeps adding fancy stuff, but completely lost focus on its main target: it's a NAS. Key features no longer work correctly or at all!

My main complaint is creating a backup of the NAS. I tried remote replication and copy to USB disk, and both are horribly SLOW and fail in the end.

Also, spinning down disks simply doesn't work. Period. They blabber on about having services active that cause this, but it isn't: I only have FTP and samba/nfs shares active, all other fancy stuff is OFF. Even if it's the only powered device on my network, it still keeps the drives spinning.

So in short: this QNAP firmware upgrade is a joke!

I tried to get support via the forum but they don't even respond to my complaints.

Thread Information