Thread: Headlines - NVIDIA says it will win back performance leadership this year

DR
    Thanks

Headlines - NVIDIA says it will win back performance leadership this year

With AMD on the rise and Larrabee on the horizon, NVIDIA fights back in an exclusive interview with HEXUS.
    Read more!

Thanks
    • AMDATIftw's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon64 X2 5200+
      • Memory:
      • 4Gig OCZ DDR2-800 PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 500Gig Seagate SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Visiontek ATI Radeon HD4850 x2 Crossfire
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Silver
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Ultimate

Re: Headlines - NVIDIA says it will win back performance leadership this year

Ya know, I actually forced myself to register for this forum due to the fact that this article just pissed me off. It's one thing if you're pushing a product launch saying it's going to be better than what's out, but to just out right bash a company just because. I'm going to stick up for intel also, because all they are doing is trying to create buzz about a product which will hopefully work out well for them.

AMD/ATI took back the territory they lost over the past two years. That's a good thing for everyone, including AMD which has been having issues executing as of late. Why can't nVidia just say " Oh crap, we got caught with our pants around our ankles, trying to gouge our customers for "new" products built on existing dies." OH NO, they smash products that are a hit in all channels right now and are causing every etailer in the US to bundle their products and put them all on sale so they can move all of the GeForce cards they have sitting on the shelves now.

These guys must be taking marching orders from the ceo as far as taking the stand of, we're great and everyone else sucks and we'll say it out loud for all to hear. It's ridiculous, and it's bad business, to not give credit where credit is due. I'm not playing the fan boy here, yes i love my amd/ati products, i've always been behind them. But i also buy and try nvidia cards, such as the 9600gt or the 8800gtx that i purchased and just found it wasn't worth the money for what i was looking for at the time. I give them kudos, they had a great run, now the tides have turned, and they shouldn't be this sour about it, and cry and get all defensive. They should start saying, we're gonna blow the pants off everyone with what we're cooking up right now in response to this. They got us good, but we're gonna fire back.

These guys make me sick and make me never want to give them a penny.

Aez
    Thanks

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Im sorry but im not gunna take any ATI bashing seriously unless you can comment properly on your own future products which will indefinitely retake the performance crown (i know they didnt say that but a simple 'yes' answer is a little confident and they may aswell have said that). Yes ok it did take 2 of the ATI GPUs glued together to beat their top model but it did beat it didnt it? they talk as if ATI have reached their pinnacle and they have no way to go from now. Why cant they admit the battle is back on and they are going to have to push to get back into the lead and then stay ahead of the game.
    They also mention nothing of price per performance... the actual profits on the ATI cards cant be big as the GDDR5 ram must cost them a fortune with it being so new, they are clearly doing such a radical tactic to not only pull the performance up but to bring their name back into it and get some hype built back up.
    Also would he like to point out some of these 'problems' crossfire faces in comparison to SLI because from what i have seen in benchmarks it seems to work pretty damned well and dare i say better. I dont know the technical side of things but the game benchmarks speak for themself and THATS what 99% of these graphics cards are bought for. Fire GL vs Quaddro is a different ball park so if his comment is related to them - EPIC FAIL!
    When was this 'years of brand inequality' he talks of? its been like 1 and a half/ 2 years not like a decade. Its quite clear ATI/AMDs name was never scarred enough otherwise they would have dissapeared completely.

Havok and PhysX - who cares what it runs on, if it has the same/similar end result then what difference does it make? Both things are a similar principle with similar gains so i don't see his point.

Larabee doesnt exsist.... well neither does your retaliation to ATI yet. Intel have very good tactics when it comes to marketing so i dont think its the end performance they even need to worry about its the fact that it is going to exist and its going to be marketed in the same way and along side intels other mass selling products.
    Going back to the PhysX point.. surely if intel are planning on pushing the Havok technology then ATI/AMD is wise to wait and see which one is the best way to go rather than throwing money one way or another with a vague hope.

Nvidia need to get a grip and stop clinging to this cuda/physx thing IMO.

STOP TALKING AND DO SOMETHING YOU SOAR LOSERS.

EDIT: ill admit the article is written in a way which seems to be against Nvidia but i still stand by what i say
    Last edited by Biscuit; 15-08-2008 at 12:42 AM.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Very nice trap you laid there Hexus:

"Larrabee is interesting because it doesn't exist," says Stam.
    Much like these 40 games that use PhysX and nVidia's performance leading card...

Thanks

I like this quote "Also, look at Intel's history with software. There is so much software IP with NVIDIA and ATI; does Intel have the software expertise?""

I seem to remember that nVidia make drivers and so do intel, and intel have been doing it for a dam sight longer, so yes I think intel have the expertise to do it.
    They come from the dark and slice your head off

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Most comments he made in that article are false lol, AMD selling poorly in america? wow thats odd because its out of stock alot, americans are constantly recommending a 4850/4870 compared to the nvidia cards due to the price performance ratio. Dual cards, not 100% great but in alot of games crossfire does better than sli and vice versa, both of them dont scale as well as they are marketed to(nvidia market it WAY higher than what amd do though). Remember, amd actually have it on one PCB so in reality it is one card and not just 2 glued together like nvidia did with their 9800GX2, its funny how they make it sound like amd did this first and it doesnt actually take the crown but it does, nvidia made dual 7900 stuck together and they sucked and as soon as amd did something better(3870x2) on one PCB they still slapped together 2 8800GTS and claimed it to be best, they are no better and are sad losers. That comment on the end was a very cheap shot implying amd/ati will be gone soon, amd are doing much better now and since they didnt spend loads of time sorting out priciing etc they have had more time than nvidia to work on the 5000 series which will hopefully dominate again.
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thread Information