Thread: News - Microsoft unveils enhancements to Visual Studio, .NET Framework and SQL Server

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Microsoft unveils enhancements to Visual Studio, .NET Framework and SQL Server

New features for Microsoft?s developer tools and platform, plus an online information site for SQL Server 2008.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • stevie lee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair 3600 MHZ Cas 18
      • Storage:
      • 250GB BX500, M500 240GB, SN750 1TB NVME, mechs - Hitachi 1TB. WDblue 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • sapphire 7700 1gb
      • PSU:
      • corsair RM550X
      • Case:
      • Xigmatech Midgard
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 42" Panasonix viera (1080p limited RGB)
      • Internet:
      • plusnet fibre

Re: News - Microsoft unveils enhancements to Visual Studio, .NET Framework and SQL Se

We couldn't see any clips when we clicked on it, so maybe there are some teething problems
    have you installed silverlight 2.0 beta?

a popup appeared at my end after clicking the link.. loads of videos to watch..

Thanks

Re: News - Microsoft unveils enhancements to Visual Studio, .NET Framework and SQL Se

Installing now. I had 1.0 and if it needs 2.0 you'd think they would make that more obvious...

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

But the question is, will PLINQ be shipping as a finished product? The interface has already radically changed once!
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

Hmmm, I could make it work on IE but not Firefox.

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro

Wow, I think I scored house five times over on BS Bingo reading that marketing-speak page..

Still, it might be usable some time in 2011 if past have been anything to go by..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

Will it have a designer that does bomb all the time? You know - like the one for forms and AGAIN for WPF!
    I'd rather they spent time FIXING THE ******** BUGS in the current version. I think wistfully of the days when we had multiple service packs for visual studio - now all we get is new versions with new (and old) bugs.

Yours angrily,

Someone who has to put up with it every day!
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks

you don't honestly use the designer for WPF do you? Disable it, all the bugs are gone. U have to use blend to get *any* of the useful tools anyway.

I still think splitting the two off is a stupid idea. But when doing WPF i end up with Kxaml, VS2k8 and Blend2 open.... too much RAM and CPU needed.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    you don't honestly use the designer for WPF do you? Disable it, all the bugs are gone. U have to use blend to get *any* of the useful tools anyway.

I still think splitting the two off is a stupid idea. But when doing WPF i end up with Kxaml, VS2k8 and Blend2 open.... too much RAM and CPU needed.
    Blend 2.5 - but it's a juggling act - sometimes blend will bail too. It all reeks of "stuff we're not actually finished building yet" to me. VS will not only bail, but leave you unable to open your solution (because you had the audacity to leave a designer window open!) unless you manually delete your config file. Nice that.
    It'd be nice for it (either app sometimes) to say "hey, there's an error in your code - right there!" instead of "up yours, i'm off". While i'm at it - the exceptions boxes suck too - i have to click one box to open another and then expand the inner exception to get something useful.

I need 4 GIG for the workbox to do this stuff - mostly because the architecture is something like .NET 3.5 SP1 -> .NET 2.0 -> unmangled.
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dangel View Post
    Blend 2.5 - but it's a juggling act - sometimes blend will bail too. It all reeks of "stuff we're not actually finished building yet" to me. VS will not only bail, but leave you unable to open your solution (because you had the audacity to leave a designer window open!) unless you manually delete your config file. Nice that.
    It'd be nice for it (either app sometimes) to say "hey, there's an error in your code - right there!" instead of "up yours, i'm off". While i'm at it - the exceptions boxes suck too - i have to click one box to open another and then expand the inner exception to get something useful.

I need 4 GIG for the workbox to do this stuff - mostly because the architecture is something like .NET 3.5 SP1 -> .NET 2.0 -> unmangled.
    Hmm thats most odd, i've not had those problems and i've been using WPF in real anger, the worst i've had is the blend designer getting itself in such a twist it needs closing re-opening. This is with resharper 4 beta's which weren't renouned for making system more stable!

Debugging WPF is such a royal pain in the arse, but talking about which, you seen the latest version of snoop, its pretty damn cool.

same goes with the 4gig, the nice peeps in infrastructure built me a new box specially (dual quad xeon, 4gig ram 15k scsi hdd (i wanted intel SSD but theres no date with our supplier )) its a terrible thing that we've moved away from the IDE, not just having everything under one roof been quicker from a UI perspective, but also from a system resources.

Thread Information