Thread: News - Nintendo DSi points scheme dissapoints

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Nintendo DSi points scheme dissapoints

Nintendo confirms a non-transferable points scheme for digitally distributed content between Wii and DSi.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: News - Nintendo DSi points scheme dissapoints

Don't see anything wrong with this at all. Its the same on the 360 you buy points for a Live account and not the machine.

Mountain out of a mole hill comes to mind here.

Thanks

You often have to buy more than the points that you actually want to get a game. I've had 500 points sitting on my Wii account for ages. However, with the content on the DSi, there might be something that I fancy, so it would have been nice to be able to transfer points that I don't particular want to use for any Wii games.

They have connectivity, so there's no reason that I can see, why this couldn't have been possible and indeed beneficial to Nintendo fans.

The only reason they haven't is to simply to make more money out of redundant points that sit in people's accounts, isn't it?

It's the same with Xbox 360, why can't you buy exactly the amount of points that you need for a game?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beanbandit View Post
    Don't see anything wrong with this at all. Its the same on the 360 you buy points for a Live account and not the machine.

Mountain out of a mole hill comes to mind here.
    But thats the point, this new Nintendo system seems to do the exact opposite of the Microsoft system. Meaing if you want to buy digital download stuff on both consoles you have to spend the minimum amount twice.

Im not really seeing the point in the new console in general though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steven W View Post
    You often have to buy more than the points that you actually want to get a game. I've had 500 points sitting on my Wii account for ages. However, with the content on the DSi, there might be something that I fancy, so it would have been nice to be able to transfer points that I don't particular want to use for any Wii games.

They have connectivity, so there's no reason that I can see, why this couldn't have been possible and indeed beneficial to Nintendo fans.

The only reason they haven't is to simply to make more money out of redundant points that sit in people's accounts, isn't it?

It's the same with Xbox 360, why can't you buy exactly the amount of points that you need for a game?
    See thats the problem with these points systems. You get screwed when you just want to buy one game, you can't. So you have to buy in their minimum amounts. Which is way more than you actually need. I still like the old pay in pounds, i know what i'm getting, i'm not being screwed over.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodyNine View Post
    But thats the point, this new Nintendo system seems to do the exact opposite of the Microsoft system. Meaing if you want to buy digital download stuff on both consoles you have to spend the minimum amount twice.

Im not really seeing the point in the new console in general though.
    No this is the same system as MS use for the 360. Buy points per LIVE account that are not transferable. Screwed over, oh yes.

What these bloody companies need to do is get their systems sorted out. I want a master account, so i can tie in points/wallet and share if i want. But it won't happen. Will it put people off, nope, most will blindly carry on using the systems as is.

Its time people started to vote with their feet and not buy into these.

Thread Information