Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Re: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

This again

Can the admin ban themselves for an overly childish and argumentative post/review?

Firstly the authentisity of the games is not an argument, a kit server which gives proper names and kits (with sponsers) is always available soon after PES is released.

Also in fifa be a manager mode the scouting sytem is crap, the players from the lower leagues can't score unless playing in easy and players have an unearving habit of standing 10 yards too far foward for headers and you can't move them (playing some more looks like more so with players from the lower leagues again, how realistic)
    It stuggles to select the closest player to the ball.
    Players every so often foget that your holding a button down and don't pass or cross with any power at all (goal keepers doing this is not fun!)
    Then of corse there's the players you have selected that won't respond to movement input untill the opposition has the ball.
    The i suppose if you reviewed the game properly you'd have spotted these things as oppossed to just playing matches with the best clubs in europe and a few online games?

The only shinning light is the be a pro mode is excellent.

And don't think i'm a PES fan boy either, i think thats crap this year aswell. Thier legend mode is just about the most boring game mode of any game ever.

To be honest i'm supprised any of the football games this year could get more than 6/10

My opinion.
    PES 4/10 and fifa 6/10 Be a pro mode makes it bearable.

I'm hopeing football managers better this year, need my football fix.

Please note, my opinions only

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Re: Articles - Five very good reasons why FIFA 09 kicks PES 2009's fat lazy arse

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    This again

Can the admin ban themselves for an overly childish and argumentative post/review?

Firstly the authentisity of the games is not an argument, a kit server which gives proper names and kits (with sponsers) is always available soon after PES is released.
    Kitserver doesnt work on the console versions and you know that these kitservers takes days if not weeks/months before a proper kitserver comes out with all the kits in unless you can find me a link now for pes09 with all the kits and squads up to date

Also in fifa be a manager mode the scouting sytem is crap, the players from the lower leagues can't score unless playing in easy and players have an unearving habit of standing 10 yards too far foward for headers and you can't move them (playing some more looks like more so with players from the lower leagues again, how realistic)
    Does PES have a scouting system and lower leagues? can i take leyton orient into the premiership ?

I have played with leyton orient and have not experience the things you noted although i admit the players cant score BUT aint they suppose to be a far lesser team then the likes of united and liverpool? we cant have a leyton orient player have the finishing ability has torres?

It stuggles to select the closest player to the ball.
    Try using the right analoge stick as you can select any player within your area manualy.

Then of corse there's the players you have selected that won't respond to movement input untill the opposition has the ball.
    Really? IMO players make more runs into space but in PES they hardly do unless it has improved dramaticly in the final game.

edit: o i see what you mean. so your telling me that players that i control dont respond when the opposition doesnt have the ball? aint experienced that yet. im able to run to a lose ball freely or get into a position .

The ONLY bug i see is where when you sometimes do a through ball going past the last defender, your striker turns around and jogs backwards. THIS IS THE ONLY BIG ISSUE I HAVE WITH FIFA but other then that, its great!
    Last edited by j.o.s.h.1408; 17-10-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

I'm really enjoying the Legend mode on PES, but each to his own.

I agree, and have said before btw, that neither PES nor FIFA are brill this year - both do something better than the other, so neither is the perfect choice.

Stevens article was a bit... strange though, not the sort of thing you expect the site reviewer to come out with.

I wonder if Revol or Josh wrote it for him?

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    I'm really enjoying the Legend mode on PES, but each to his own.

I agree, and have said before btw, that neither PES nor FIFA are brill this year - both do something better than the other, so neither is the perfect choice.

Stevens article was a bit... strange though, not the sort of thing you expect the site reviewer to come out with.

I wonder if Revol or Josh wrote it for him?
    na he wrote it for u and andy to piss u off

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_d...kits&_osacat=0

Option files for kits for Josh on the PS3, PS2 and xbox 360 is in there aswell. And 2009.

I have proper kits for my 360 PES 2008 game.

The problem i have with the strikers isn't that they arn't as good as Torres. It's that they can't score at all. You still see good goals in league 2 in the real world and with the keepers being worse you would expect the amount of shots to goals would be the similar but it's not.
    Strikers in league 2 just can't score at all on the harder levels. Unless the keeper punches it to one of your players or you get a first time tap in it's niegh on impossible.
    And thats the whole point of manager mode, whats the point doing 15 seasons with a club that isn't at rock bottom? Can garruntee none of the reviewers tried it, anywhere.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/_W0QQ_d...kits&_osacat=0

Option files for kits for Josh on the PS3, PS2 and xbox 360 is in there aswell. And 2009.

I have proper kits for my 360 PES 2008 game.

The problem i have with the strikers isn't that they arn't as good as Torres. It's that they can't score at all. You still see good goals in league 2 in the real world and with the keepers being worse you would expect the amount of shots to goals would be the similar but it's not.
    Strikers in league 2 just can't score at all on the harder levels. Unless the keeper punches it to one of your players or you get a first time tap in it's niegh on impossible.
    And thats the whole point of manager mode, whats the point doing 15 seasons with a club that isn't at rock bottom? Can garruntee none of the reviewers tried it, anywhere.
    wow that is illegal u know, selling option files LOL. someone was selling someone elses option files a few weeks ago

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

i've noticed a few ppl here posting great replies especially when it concerns their personal opinion on this topic (is this politics for the egeneration? )
    but what i've noticed is the perticularly well structured replies come from people who's first line or overtone is complaining about the original
    to me this post is a perfect compliment to hexus' usual fact-based reporting which really doesn't merit much discussion and its great to see a decent tangent to the usual infofest!

for me this is the first time i've been keeping track of a discussion on here because its great to see such passion in something as basic as their favourite sim!

Thanks

i like it!

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    wow that is illegal u know, selling option files LOL. someone was selling someone elses option files a few weeks ago
    How is that illegal?

All they are doing selling files to the kits they have edited.

Thanks

There is a simple truth when it comes to football games, and its just a matter of opinion, of what the user wants, neither is right nor wrong.

Fifa, this year is an excellent game, its well presented, beautifully packaged and just oozes authenticity in its look.

Pes, on the other hand has a chunky, blocky look to its menu, the in game graphics are excellent, but it would win no prizes for its looks off the pitch!

The younger gamer, those seeking a shiny, vibrant feast for the eyes will choose FIFA. I have it, I played it for a time, there are some excellent and innovative features even if the gameplay is still a little sluggish, though a massive improvement on last years effort.

PES, appeals to the football purist, the fan of the beautiful game. It is football.

So, for a great looking game, some ten on ten action. FIFA has it, though in truth, as anybody with football in their heart will agree, it can feel a soulless endeavour. Lacking the flair and pure sporting brilliance of its rival.

PES will draw the football purists, those that can cope with a world where not everything is official, where not every menu is an art form. The very heart of football, the heart of this beautiful game beats here, and long may it continue.

Football is coming home, thank you again Konami.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnah View Post
    i've noticed a few ppl here posting great replies especially when it concerns their personal opinion on this topic (is this politics for the egeneration? )
    but what i've noticed is the perticularly well structured replies come from people who's first line or overtone is complaining about the original
    to me this post is a perfect compliment to hexus' usual fact-based reporting which really doesn't merit much discussion and its great to see a decent tangent to the usual infofest!

for me this is the first time i've been keeping track of a discussion on here because its great to see such passion in something as basic as their favourite sim!
    hehe, if you dont post like this and talk like a child u will instantly get slagged off

andy:

i say its illegal because the people who NORMALY make such mods and files do it for free. i have never came across a creater selling his mods.

Its been known that some people downloads the mods and then sells it on ebay without the creators concent.

head over to a forum called evo web if you have not. its the number 1 place for all your modding needs for pro evo

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    hehe, if you dont post like this and talk like a child u will instantly get slagged off

andy:

i say its illegal because the people who NORMALY make such mods and files do it for free. i have never came across a creater selling his mods.

Its been known that some people downloads the mods and then sells it on ebay without the creators concent.

head over to a forum called evo web if you have not. its the number 1 place for all your modding needs for pro evo

Ok, you obviously didn't read any of the items at ebay did you, how do you think the files get on the consoles?

You pay for a memory card, not the files. It's just that the memory card has the files on it.

So it's perfectly ok

Atari Falcon 030
    Thanks
    • bigblue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • K8N
      • CPU:
      • X2 4200
      • Storage:
      • 250 Gb WDC
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GT
      • PSU:
      • Tagan Modular 430W
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT Yahooseless

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    Stevens article was a bit... strange though, not the sort of thing you expect the site reviewer to come out with
    It seemed a bit strange to me too.

It's bad enough when 'fanboy' is mentioned on the forums. But to open and close a review with it? It doesn't really seem to me as if it's in jest, due to the tone of the rest of the article.
    Last edited by bigblue; 19-10-2008 at 12:52 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
    It seemed a bit strange to me too.

It's bad enough when 'fanboy' is mentioned on the forums. But to open and close a review with it? It doesn't really seem to me as if it's in jest, due to the tone of the rest of the article.
    Yup, a rare mistake from old Steven. A blot on his copy book.

No real point to the article, its not actually true (the main thrust of it), he used the f-word, which I loathe, and it just seems a bit misplaced. Why is Steven posting this?

I know its left me scratching my head, and I'm not the only one.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyManc View Post
    @ Stewert.....so very well said!!
    I try.

I try.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Yeah, but that's not a bad thing, is it? After all there are a million other forums on the net where you can bicker like kids, and really only this one where you can have an adult discussion about video games.

Thanks
    • starbuck's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P5K Deluxe Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb
      • Storage:
      • 2x500gb Samsung spinpoint in raid 0, 320gb diamondmax SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GT240
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 850watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ05
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Dell(rebadged sony) trinitron CRT
      • Internet:
      • 20mb cable internet connection

I really wanted PES to kick arse this year but it seems EA have gone all out.
    Now I've decided that I'm going to get fifa over pes(1st time i will have played fifa since fifa 97) I now have to decide which version to get, PC or PS3?
    I do know everything, just not all at once. It's a virtual memory problem.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information