Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News - India subjected to Fallout 3 ban

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - India subjected to Fallout 3 ban

Bethseda's post-apocalyptic RPG won't see the light of day in India.
    Read more.
    Last edited by Steven W; 23-10-2008 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks
    • Webby's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte G33M-DS2R, Swiftech MCW30 Northbridge Cooler
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 3.5GHz, Cooling D-Tek Fuzion V2
      • Memory:
      • 2GB OCZ Flex DDR2 PC2-9200 5-5-5-15 @ 1000MHz 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2x 250GB WD SataII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD4870 512MB, Cooling Swiftech MCW60
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Tremjin TJ06 - Modded for Water Cooling Goodness
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP Pro SP3
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Widescreen Cibox C2201 (with DVI input)
      • Internet:
      • 8Mb/s ADSL

Re: News - Australia and India subjected to Fallout 3 ban

But I thought the main objection to FO3 in austrailia was the use of morphine as a name in the game and they just wanted it changed (which Bethusda did)? Ah well poor Australians their lose. Guess they will just all steal it instead shame that the Australian government encourages piracy!

3. Received thanks from:

Steven W (23-10-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

'Back in July, it was confirmed that the Office of Film and Literature Classification in Australia made the crazy decision to ban the game because the player takes a variety of drugs in the game, known as "chems" in order to counteract the effects of radiation. The fact that the drugs have a positive effect on the player was seen as encouraging the player to take drugs in real life. Seriously.'

They have Guardian readers and thought police in Australia as well then, it seems.

You simply could not make up stupidity like this.

Are they also going to ban every film, song, tv series, poster, etc, that also shows drug use?

Foolish.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

As per Webby, Bethesda claimed to have addressed the Aussi boards concerns which apparently centred on the use of real world drugs.. guess someone got their wires crossed.

6. Received thanks from:

Steven W (23-10-2008)

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    'Back in July, it was confirmed that the Office of Film and Literature Classification in Australia made the crazy decision to ban the game because the player takes a variety of drugs in the game, known as "chems" in order to counteract the effects of radiation. The fact that the drugs have a positive effect on the player was seen as encouraging the player to take drugs in real life. Seriously.'

They have Guardian readers and thought police in Australia as well then, it seems.

Are they also going to ban every film, song, tv series, poster, etc, that also shows drug use?

Foolish.
    And they say australia is a good place to migrate from uk

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

You really couldn't make up stupidity like this.

I'm no fan of the Guardian but it's hardly known for hysterical ban this and that headlines and neither are it's readers. This is the Daily Mails area of 'expertise' not the Guardian's. As for thought police, well I fail to see what they have to do with the Guardian, unless you're one of those muppets who spouts unthinking nonsense like "It's PC gone mad" (small tip: it's used ironically in Peep Show) at everything from health and safety legislation to human rights legilisation.

Then again you're probably the type of fool who thinks Guardian readers are out to ban christmas.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    But I thought the main objection to FO3 in austrailia was the use of morphine as a name in the game and they just wanted it changed (which Bethusda did)? Ah well poor Australians their lose. Guess they will just all steal it instead shame that the Australian government encourages piracy!
    There's some bad research here on my part, it has now been cleared for release after drug references were removed. Apologies. I'll get my coat.

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb

11. Received thanks from:

magneticman (23-10-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by revol68 View Post
    You really couldn't make up stupidity like this.

I'm no fan of the Guardian but it's hardly known for hysterical ban this and that headlines and neither are it's readers. This is the Daily Mails area of 'expertise' not the Guardian's. As for thought police, well I fail to see what they have to do with the Guardian, unless you're one of those muppets who spouts unthinking nonsense like "It's PC gone mad" (small tip: it's used ironically in Peep Show) at everything from health and safety legislation to human rights legilisation.

Then again you're probably the type of fool who thinks Guardian readers are out to ban christmas.
    Well, Revol, firstly you following me around the forums, waiting for me to post, and then finding a way to disagree with me is starting, frankly, to get a little strange now. I feel like I'm being stalked by a fail stalker.

It's all a little odd.

I know from your previous posts you are a snotty nosed, lefty, studenty type, who thinks he's a great thinker because he quotes Karl Marx and supports piracy, but I really am not interested in your constant nonsense counter opinions.

Yes, you called me a muppet, and indeed a fool. Well done.

You know almost nothing about video games, you type like an angry child, and you are consistently wrong about almost anything you post about.

Now go away you strange little man.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Well, Revol, firstly you following me around the forums, waiting for me to post, and then finding a way to disagree with me is starting, frankly, to get a little strange now. I feel like I'm being stalked by a fail stalker.

It's all a little odd.

I know from your previous posts you are a snotty nosed, lefty, studenty type, who thinks he's a great thinker because he quotes Karl Marx and supports piracy, but I really am not interested in your constant nonsense counter opinions.

You know almost nothing about video games, you type like an angry child, and you are consistently wrong about almost anything you post about.

Stew leave the person alone lol

Banned
    Thanks

Re: News - India subjected to Fallout 3 ban

Dude, I'm being stalked.

I post saying I like apples, 5 second later - apples, you fool! Oranges are better than apples!

Yesterday he said I liked PES2008... I've never played PES2008.

The fail stalker will not leave me alone.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Olmy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GA-P35-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB DDR2 PC6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 3200AAKS-00YGA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800 GT 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207h, Dell 2209WA

Foolish.

Wait, what has the guardian got to do with this again? I would imagine they would be very critical of banning Fallout 3, considering their recent track record of being anti-censorship (which I'm in agreement with).

Banned
    Thanks

Well, imagine for a minute the sort of person behind a choice like this. Can you see him?

Middle class. Thinks he knows best. Leftie. Has to protect everyone from everthing. So PC its like he's got some strange affliction.

This man reads, or at least would read if he were English, the Guardian. People like that do.

So it was a joke... 'I see they have Guardian readers in Aus as well'

Given all the 'Daily Fail' stuff, I think I'm allowed to fire a few shots back, am I not?

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

It's all a little odd.

No you probably find I post after you quite a lot because i disagree with most of what you post, don't flatter yourself by imagining I stalk you.

Perhaps you should concentrate on the actual discussion rather than assembling crude constructs of me in your head. Firstly I am not a student, secondly I don't think I'm a great thinker, thirdly I don't think I'm snotty nosed well atleast not since my hayfever has cleared. I fail to see why you feel the need to tell me I'm a 'lefty' like it's some sort of insult.

Now having dealt with the personal hysterics perhaps we can discuss the disagreement, namely your insinuation that it was Guardian reader (or atleast their elk) who are somehow responsible for such bans. If you have any evidence of the Guardian calling for films, games or music to be banned then please link to some, because to me this sort of knee jerk moralistic ban this and that attitude is much more prevalent amongst the right wing press, especially the Daily Mail, who ironically are the first to whinge about 'PC gone mad'. I'd suggest that the Guardian for all it's wishy washy liberalism is actually quite a staunch defender of freedom of speech and tends to oppose calls for the banning of art, music, movies and games on various grounds.

I also don't understand where the angry child thing comes from, perhaps it's simply that I say something is crap if I think it is.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Banned
    Thanks

Well as I said, I like PES - fool FIFA is better!

I like control pad FPS - fool they don't work!

If I said I like black you'd reply 5 minutes later with - fool white is better!

As I said, yesterday you tried to make me out to be an imbecile for liking PES2008, a game I have never played.

We had a 97 post row about achievements some months back, I remember, which in the end a mod had to step in to, and delete a load of posts, such was the level of ranting going on.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion mate, but for the love of God have one that's actually correct every now and again, and don't feel the need to attempt (and fail btw) to pick holes in everything I say.

You are not capable of doing it, and nobody really cares enough for it to be worth your while trying.

And FYI, the angry child stuff comes from you saying 'muppet' and 'fool' every 5 seconds.

Do you see?

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Well, imagine for a minute the sort of person behind a choice like this. Can you see him?

Middle class. Thinks he knows best. Leftie. Has to protect everyone from everthing. So PC its like he's got some strange affliction.

This man reads, or at least would read if he were English, the Guardian. People like that do.

So it was a joke... 'I see they have Guardian readers in Aus as well'

Given all the 'Daily Fail' stuff, I think I'm allowed to fire a few shots back, am I not?
    Yes, because it's only middle class lefties that think they have to protect the stupid proles from themselves?

There certainly is often an undercurrent of liberal elitism in the Guardian but there is a much more obvious right wing elitism that doesn't think twice about calling for this or that to be banned for the proles 'own good'.

Now if you would be so kind as to actually display any evidence of the Guardian or it's readership calling for games, films, or art to be banned because at present your argument rests on some confused strawman you've built in your own head and which is propagated ironically in the sort of publications that actually do engage in knee jerk 'ban this filth' campaigns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information