Thread: News - Atomic Technologies announces dual-core nettop for the living room

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Atomic Technologies announces dual-core nettop for the living room

UK-based Atomic Technologies has unveiled a nettop PC equipped with Intel's Atom 330 and it could be a handy Media Center solution.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: News - Atomic Technologies announces dual-core nettop for the living room

Crap price of what? An Eee Box is just as stylish but £100 less. If Asus rolls out a dual core Eee Box then they'll kill this in the water.

Roll on the new Mac Mini with 9400M chipset I say!

Thanks

Slightly better-priced alternative: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=16310

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Parm View Post
    Slightly better-priced alternative: http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=16310
    As its a mini ITX self assembled case/mobo I'd bet its the 945GCLF2 mobo which consumes 22W of power compared to what... 4W or 8W for the dual core Atom? Not green enough for me. I use Linkstations for my low power PC usage.. 14W including the HDD

Thanks

Hi Guys

Firstly thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it and am sorry if you felt the product was overpriced. Since Hexus's review the price has changed, this is mainly due to the euro and dollar exchange rate. If you now visit our site, the price's has come down and we should be the same price as the expd8.

We also have a different product compared to others (its more decorative rather than a hideaway) and also its wall mountable and comes with a slot loading dvd/rw, unlike other manufactures who don’t supply one at all.

As a X-mas special we have some deals going on too, so check them out.

Any questions please get in touch!

Thanks

Rakesh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicTech View Post
    Firstly thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it and am sorry if you felt the product was overpriced. Since Hexus's review the price has changed, this is mainly due to the euro and dollar exchange rate. If you now visit our site, the price's has come down and we should be the same price as the expd8.
    I must be easily confused... but I thought the exchange rate has degraded so that imported goods are more expensive. So that would mean that the statement above is rather inaccurate. I welcome a price drop to make it more competively priced but the reasoning given doesnt hold water.

Unfortunately for Atomic, the hardware is not very energy efficient (well not compared to the 945GSE that Asus are using) unless I have been unfair in my assumption that Atomic use the 945GC on the 945GCLF2 mobo.

And time moves on. Asus have now announced Radeon 3400 powered Eee Boxes so Atomic are not only more expensive but playing catch up. Having an optical drive is not enough to make me want this box and the dual core Atom is not that great (according to Anandtech). I suspect discrete VGA is a bigger boost for the HTPC credentials than Dual core.

SCH/Poulsbo might give Atomic a USP but right now its a little "meh" for me!

Thread Information