Thread: Convert VHS to DVD with sub-£50 Terratec Grabster AV 150

Thanks

Convert VHS to DVD with sub-£50 Terratec Grabster AV 150

At a penny under £50 (inc VAT), Terratec’s Grabster AV 150 external USB 2.0 box looks like something of a no-brainer for anyone wanting to convert their analogue tapes to DVDs or VideoCDs.

With sockets for composite and S-video, the USB-powered box caters for most types of domestic analogue VCR and camcorder footage - VHS, S-VHS, VHS-C, S-VHS-C, Digital8 and Hi8 - and should even be usable with Betamax machines. And, of course, if you've got a satellite receiver or a digital camcorder with composite or S-video outputs, it should be able to handle them, too.

That keen price - which even buys a full copy of Ulead's capable and easy-to-use authoring program DVD MovieFactory 3 plus a lite (SE) version of Ulead's VideoStudio editing app - is partly explained by the fact that encoding is carried out in software within the PC, not by hardware within the Terratec box.
    Check out our HEXUS.headline and let us know if this grabs your fancy.
    Last edited by Bob Crabtree; 06-02-2006 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks

Re: Convert VHS to DVD with sub-£50 Terratec Grabster AV 150

Does this include the motorised VHSC adaptor? I have some vhs-c tapes to transfer to DVD. I have had a good quote from these http://www.video-to-dvd.co.uk vhsc to dvd I have 7 to do will your option be cheaper.

Thanks

Re: Convert VHS to DVD with sub-£50 Terratec Grabster AV 150

Peter,

Ignoring for now the fact that this thread relates to a news story that is almost three years old, I think you've completely grasped the wrong end of the stick with both hands.

If you look at the original news story or the product page on Terratec's site, you'll see that this is a device that you connect to your VCR machine and link to your PC.

Oh, and know, too, that there are now three products in the company's Grabster range.

This is one of the other two; and this is the other.

Cheers

Bob

Thread Information