Thread: Headlines - Rock Band and Guitar Hero raking it in, Warner Music not so much

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Headlines - Rock Band and Guitar Hero raking it in, Warner Music not so much

Warner Music isn't happy. It's prepared to block its artists from future iterations of these music titles unless they cough up more money.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Crevan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB OCZ Platinum Rev.2 800MHz
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX460
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520W
      • Case:
      • Hiper Osiris
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 223BW 21.6''
      • Internet:
      • VM 30Mbps

Re: Headlines - Rock Band and Guitar Hero raking it in, Warner Music not so much

Not exactly about Warner there, but close enough. If they have their way, they simply lose all the money they're getting now, and we'll probably get more indie acts in the games. Suits me, tbh

Thanks

Re: Headlines - Rock Band and Guitar Hero raking it in, Warner Music not so much

Considering WB have no active input in the game devlopment (AFAIK), if they want to make more money from these games then they should work with the developers, not against them.

I'm guessing Sony BMG get a fair royalty rate from the Singstars franchise for instance...

Thanks

AS far as I see, these games sell so many copies anyway surely the knock-on effect of sales is worth it alone.

I bought the Stone Temple Pilots album, purely because I played one track on GH. Never heard of them before (not sure if they're a WB band).

Thanks

Not exactly about Warner there, but close enough. If they have their way, they simply lose all the money they're getting now, and we'll probably get more indie acts in the games. Suits me, tbh[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. Though I don't know if they will actually go bankrupted
    But that's exactly where YouLicense.com, which is the open online music licensing marketplace comes in to play. YouLicense lets indie artists interact with video game makers and allows them to quickly and inexpensively license their music. major record companies are entitled to demand any amount of money they wish. But it's up to game makers to open up and try out different resources. That can and will change the face of the industry as we know it.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

I'll think I'll add my 2p to this now

When Rock Band was first launched I bit the bullet and got the full RB game, the full kit and then RB2 game when it came out.

I swore blind that I wasn't going to be getting any "DLC" as I couldn't justify it really.

Fast Forward to now and I'm sat here looking at the release lists of the DLC for rock band each week planning on what tracks I'll be getting to play once my internet access is sorted as a few quid per track which you can play over and over again is starting to look like pretty good value, especially if your like me and have a hour or so of play every day or so.

Thread Information