• i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

Re: News - SCAN launches innovative component installation insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post

I would ask if you have been threatened with a ban whether you have contacted the forum administration though? As I understand it Scan don't control Hexus or tell Hexus what to do unless I am BADLY mistaken?
    yes it was done the last time scan dished the threats out, its a public forum but they like to cover over certain things (well chris does with the edit button), shame really. it got really messy a couple of months ago when they edited an admins post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
    Yes Gonzo I edited your post because your post was not factual calling this service what you did, you don't have views you are only here for one purpose, which isnt to give constructive feedback.

Scansure is a regulated service legally approved and to add you have already been warned by DR about your such actions in this very thread.
    nope your wrong, he sent me a PM asking me to appologise, i explained myself and my reasons were accepted, no warning was given and there was certianly no appology for you poor handling of yet another situation as i refused point blank to appologise to someone as arrogant as you due to the way to mishandle situations.
    Last edited by GoNz0; 15-05-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks

GoNz0

Your warning stands from DR in this thread,:

http://forums.hexus.net/1688540-post154.html

I really do not expect you to agree with the situation and have no inclination to ask for an apology, neither is an apology expected, wanted or required.

If some customer choose to shop elsewhere because of an OPT OUT we can’t stop them, and have never tried to. Market price is transparent, but LOYAILITY AND SERVICE IS NOT.

Anyone with intelligence will see that we do not cover over issues as many stand in the forum, but there is a BIG difference over the false accusations YOU post about SCAN services and negative feedback, complaints or problems, which we do not cover up.

We am more than happy to take all of the negative feedback provided through here, honestly I would rather hear about it than not. but if you think you can post what you have and we will let it go, you are mistaken...

Be assured of our valued support and commitment to the forums.

Best Regards

Thanks
    • tickedon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T Deluxe (V1)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 6GB OCZ DDR3 (3x2GB)
      • Storage:
      • 1x 750 Samsung F1, 1x 250gb, 1x 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD ATI Radeon 6850 2GB
      • PSU:
      • 650w Corsair TX650
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro (64bit)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" BenQ G2222HDL + 20" Samsung 205bw
      • Internet:
      • 24mb Be Unlimited ADSL2

Market price is transparent
    Not at Scan. The price I see is not the price I pay for an item, unless I take a positive action to restore that.

LOYAILITY AND SERVICE IS NOT.
    Fail number 2. You are showing a significant lack of service and providing many reasons for us not to show loyalty to Scan.

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb

Beaten and actually out-responded by tickedon

You said it much better than I did.

PererB's point is a good one too. Do people in the store have to ask the salesman twice to remove ScanSure?

Something else I thought of yesterday when replying to ChrisPs PMs regarding my very negative feedback on HEXUS.Trust - This must be costing Scan quite a lot in ChrisP's time alone! Regardless of any lost custom, negative feedback, ill feeling...

Thanks

tickedon

Not at Scan. The price I see is not the price I pay for an item, unless I take a positive action to restore that.
    Please explain?

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb

Please explain?
    You don't pay the price you see. You pay the price you see, plus scansure, then you have to remove it again.

I thought that would have been pretty obvious as it is the subject of this mamoth thread!

If we have both completely missunderstod your responce, you might want to look at re-wording it, as others are going to get the wrong end of the stick too.

Thanks

Funkstar

It could have been related to a different issue such as Today only, price change after an order was completed. As the original post was not specific I wanted to ask. Coupled with the fact it's no unheard of for a new issue to be brought up in an unrelated thread.

There is no need to become so defensive I am here to help, listen to ALL feedback and act where possible , neither do I need to re-word my post as all I wrote was "Please explain".

In addition your post is actually incorrect stating "You pay the price you see, plus scansure", taking into the fact that you see the Scansure charge is an additional service charge; such as is carriage all charges are visible and therefore you pay the price you see, simply becuase you can see the charge. I would understand if there was a hidden charge but it is not.

Regards

Thanks

tickedon

If your post was in relation to the Scansure charge, then I am afraid it is not possible for me to act in this case. If you do have any issues, comments please feel free to post / PM with more information.

Best Regards

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon View Post
    Not sure I quite agree with that - the prices are shown exclusive of scansure (as they are shown exclusive of delivery) - like delivery, it is added at the end ofthe transaction, however it is an additional product (rather than a service - like delivery) and one that you have to ask NOT to buyy - which is the point in question.

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon View Post
    Fail number 2. You are showing a significant lack of service and providing many reasons for us not to show loyalty to Scan.
    As I have said before, this practice is (IMHO) unethical, and I smile now when I see the heading in the commercial section "Where only the most honourable retailers have their official sites" because (again IMHO) I don't think Scan have been particularly honourable over this.

That said, I have had good service from Scan over the last 9 years (long before the Hexus delivery partnership) but since this debacle, I no longer automatically go to Scan as a preferred supplier, and my recent purchases have been from other etailers who don't force me to opt out of an unwanted service. That doesn't mean I won't use Scan again, but has made me look again at other sources of supply (so I suppose in a perverse way, it has been a good thing for me!)

I'm still curious about the point I raised earlier concerning in-shop sales.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

10. Received thanks from:

Rebel (15-05-2009)

Thanks

Scan sure charges are shown at the checkout stage because they are calculated against the Retail value of the product(s) the policy covers. The carriage charge, again at the checkout stage and based on the weight and delivery address.

The basket Net Total, Carriage, VAT, Scansure and Total charge are all shown in the same place. My point being that the price you see (price you can see) is the price you pay. The Scansure charge is not hidden and to say otherwise would also be to say that the Total, Carriage, VAT, Net Total charges are also hidden because they are ALL shown in the same place.

In shop sales are different to order's placed online, on the other hand just like the web site Scansure is an optional service.

Regards

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Scan sure charges are shown at the checkout stage because they are calculated against the Retail value of the product(s) the policy covers. The carriage charge, again at the checkout stage and based on the weight and delivery address.

The basket Net Total, Carriage, VAT, Scansure and Total charge are all shown in the same place. My point being that the price you see (price you can see) is the price you pay. The Scansure charge is not hidden and to say otherwise would also be to say that the Total, Carriage, VAT, Net Total charges are also hidden because they are ALL shown in the same place.

In shop sales are different to order's placed online, on the other hand just like the web site Scansure is an optional service.

Regards
    Thank you. With regard to your last point (in-shop sales) is Scansure automatically added to the invoice and the customer has to ask the salesman to remove it, or does the salesman specifically ask the customer if he wants Scansure?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

I just want to thank you for your clarification, in honesty I was sure this was the case before I even posted and I have NO DOUBTS as to the integrity of the Hexus forums at all! Having known a number of people here in excess of 10 years that was exactly the situation I had expected.

I did want (in my own way) to put the banning threats into context and take them out of this thread, as I felt certain that the only site bans would need to be authorised by Hexus themselves and probably require a forum administrators agreement and they were, after all detracting from the discussion this thread is about, that's why I feel the poster affected should contact Hexus Administration and not discuss it in this thread.

Finally to make it absolutely clear IF I gave the impression I doubted the Hexus administration in any way I unreservedly apologise! That was not, and is not, my intention.

My comments to DR were made in the context that I appreciate there is a commercial tie between Hexus and Scan and putting him in a difficult position where business is concerned is out of order, that's one reason why DD has no outside income we are not a business, however the difference is Hexus is a commercial organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    You are correct. Scan staff can request to have a user removed from their section, and this has happened in the past where we feel it has been appropriate. When this has happened the user has had multiple warnings from Scan staff, Hexus mods / admins, and in some cases David himself has stepped in before it has happened. In all the years Scan has been here, I only know of this happening twice and I give you my word that they both had considerable requests to stop what they were doing over the period of a few months.

Peoples access to any section on here is not removed lightly, and please keep in mind that with anything of this nature, there are two sides to every story (and quite often an accompanying history to boot!)

Scan have to right to moderate posts as they see fit in their section. This does not extend to any other area of the forum however, and Scan staff can not ban people from the forums as a whole. They can of course flag up things which they would like us to look at, and if we feel they deserve a ban, we'll give one out. This would be considered in the same way by the mods / admins as if a normal forum member had highlighted it.

I assure you Rebel that there is no 'hidden' moderation between Hexus and Scan. When people lose their access to a section, they will have been given multiple warnings and a fair chance to resolve the issue. People don't just log in to find their access has been removed because of opinions they have expressed - If this was the case, I certainly wouldn't Admin here.

Sadly what a few small number of people haven't figured out yet is that conduct and opinion can ,in fact, go hand in hand.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

GoNz0

Your warning stands from DR in this thread,:

http://forums.hexus.net/1688540-post154.html

I really do not expect you to agree with the situation and have no inclination to ask for an apology, neither is an apology expected, wanted or required.

If some customer choose to shop elsewhere because of an OPT OUT we can’t stop them, and have never tried to. Market price is transparent, but LOYAILITY AND SERVICE IS NOT.

Anyone with intelligence will see that we do not cover over issues as many stand in the forum, but there is a BIG difference over the false accusations YOU post about SCAN services and negative feedback, complaints or problems, which we do not cover up.

We am more than happy to take all of the negative feedback provided through here, honestly I would rather hear about it than not. but if you think you can post what you have and we will let it go, you are mistaken...

Be assured of our valued support and commitment to the forums.

Best Regards
    i missed that edit by DR, i was refering to a previous issue you had with my comments where a few PM's were exchanged.

i don't agree with you insulting my intelligence at all and personally think your an arse for even saying it, it just backs up my opinion of your unprofessional nature on these boards.
    as for the valued support on the forums no one even replyed to my last problem with your poor RMA service for my DOA motherboard, i think that says it all really.

maybe i will get banned from the scan forums, tbh i couldnt give a toss. if i have to post there in the future to get a reply from you for any future RMA (god forbid i have to) I will simply create a new account from another ip and dare say i will get a better responce than i do for this account.

i think it may be time to send a lettter to a scan director as i have had enough of your insults.

Thanks

GoNz0,

Just for reference you dont need access to the SCAN forum to get details for an RMA, all this can be done online via the support section here:

http://web6.scan.co.uk/aspnet/Suppor...px?QueryType=R

Regards,

16. Received thanks from:

GoNz0 (15-05-2009)

Thanks

GoNz0

Thank you bringing to my attention the possibility an issue is still outstanding with your RMA. I have checked your raised threads in our forum and cannot see an outstanding issue's only updates to say the issue was resolved.

I have also checked our RMA database and can confirm a refund for the ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME X58 Motherboard was completed 30th April 2009 11:35.

If you feel there is another RMA, which has not been completed then please PM me the RMA number.

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 15-05-2009 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

thanks carl, i know this is the wrong place to be talking about it, it was to get a DOA bumped as i wanted it picking up and sorting

was dealt with via email in the end.

it was all completed in the end, although no forum responce, most unlike scan i am not well liked on that part of the hexus forums for airing my views

*edit at least using paypal means you get the money back to me faster.

i will shut up now and unsubscribe form this thread b4 i give DR heartburn (sorry DR not trying to upset you)

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread Information