Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

Thanks

Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

@RichardHuddy

i would vote "NO" in such a poll and i'm glad that its something you would not do, however a small part of me would want to vote YES just to get back at nvidia for the dirty tricks they do all the time. I imagine a fair amount of people would vote yes for that reason.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    I cannot find the thread on the Official Batman: AA forums....

Is it me being blind or has nVidia forced it's removal?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Eidos hid it off their own bat, they are as guilty here as accomplices to anti-competitive practices as nVidia. With the stuff in the news recently about anti-competition suits being brought against Intel they are probably running scared from justice - quite ironically appropriate really given what the game where things got worse is.

I think the EU and US should be investigating nVidia after these physX and anti-aliasing shenanigans, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other manipulations of developers are uncovered ("the way it's meant to be played" bribing of developers has after all been going on for a LONG while now).

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionist View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Eidos hid it off their own bat, they are as guilty here as accomplices to anti-competitive practices as nVidia. With the stuff in the news recently about anti-competition suits being brought against Intel they are probably running scared from justice - quite ironically appropriate really given what the game where things got worse is.

I think the EU and US should be investigating nVidia after these physX and anti-aliasing shenanigans, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other manipulations of developers are uncovered ("the way it's meant to be played" bribing of developers has after all been going on for a LONG while now).
    So say the ATi fans, year after year, without any shred of proof whatsoever.

Meanwhile NVIDIA helps devs put the AA in games like Bioshock and Batman AA out of the box, FarCry2 launches with a SLi profile and no CF to be seen, Mirrors Edge/Cryostasis/Darkest of Days/Batman AA/GRAW/etc launch with effects ATi users can't see, and stereo support for many games and enhancements built into some like Resident Evil 5.

As a person who likes all of the above, and can play games faster than any ATi card anyway with my GTX295s, I hope NVIDIA keeps on advancing computer gaming.

Banned
    Thanks

nVidia can't even supply Physx if it sees an AMD card in your machine.....funny that.

Why do you need a nVidia card for video transcoding?
    It's about 10X faster with Badaboom.

Thanks

The funny thing is that it is already too late for nVidia, when the government or even any decent anti-trust lawyer files a suit they have been watching their target for years, have solid evidence, and even worse the case is nearly airtight at that point. The company being sued is in for it at that point, as they did do illegal things, and proving they did is easy at that point. The only thing left to do for a company in that situation is to apply political pressure, claim to be a victim, and personally attack those people who you wronged and that are now suing you.

Too bad there aren't criminal sanctions for the executives who authorized the illegal actions in the first place. It might make these trials end sooner, and would result in appeals taking a shorter amount of time if an underling pleads guilty to a lesser criminal charge and fingers their boss in the boss's criminal trial and the underling testifies in civil actions against the company. Anti-trust suits are of course civil actions in US federal law.
    Last edited by meltedrabbit; 05-11-2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Wow their/there, am I in 2nd grade again?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    It's about 10X faster with Badaboom.
    And the movie looks roughly like a multi-colored blob after being transcoded in such a poor manner.

Also, Rollo, are you looking forward to December 2nd? I know I am.

Banned
    Thanks

As to EyeFinity being a gimmik....

Isn't that what the nVidia 3D is? A gimmik? Not only that but it's a gimmik that cripples framerate and makes you feel sick.

It's very easy to slate features.....
    Most things that dramatically increase level of immersion lower framerates.

I'd agree with you on the "sick" part if we were talking the old CRT way of doing stereo. I loved it then to, but couldn't handle it for very long because it gave me headaches and made me feel queazy to boot. (Note: Undying in 3d on my GF4 4400 with the shutter glasses was the coolest thing I had seen in PC gaming at the time)

With the 120Hz LCD and the new shutter glasses, even over my eyeglasses, no sickness, no eye strain. That aspect is fixed. Only one of the many people I've had try it complained. All thought the effect was amazing.

Thanks

("the way it's meant to be played" bribing of developers has after all been going on for a LONG while now).
    OK nVidia have done bad with PhysX and the evidence for Batman AA is mounting but we still can't accuse them of outright bribing with little evidence. Saying things like that is a bit rash imho.

Of course that doesn't mean that I don't think they should (and they would) get screwed over by legal action.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • caveman-jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • XFX X58i
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 @4.0
      • Memory:
      • 3x2GB DDR3 G.Skill Rip-Jaws 1333 7-7-7-21
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25-E + Seagate 7200.11 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD ATI Radeon HD 5870 2GB Eyefinity6
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 850
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster HAF 932
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Six Dell P2210H
      • Internet:
      • 17d/3u

With the 120Hz LCD and the new shutter glasses, even over my eyeglasses, no sickness, no eye strain. That aspect is fixed. Only one of the many people I've had try it complained. All thought the effect was amazing.
    Good to hear.

Thanks

Meanwhile NVIDIA helps devs put the AA in games like Bioshock and Batman AA out of the box, FarCry2 launches with a SLi profile and no CF to be seen, Mirrors Edge/Cryostasis/Darkest of Days/Batman AA/GRAW/etc launch with effects ATi users can't see, and stereo support for many games and enhancements built into some like Resident Evil 5.
    Of course the above apparent ATi 'failings' could easily be explained by the same statement you set out to discredit (if it turned out to be true):

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other manipulations of developers are uncovered ("the way it's meant to be played" bribing of developers has after all been going on for a LONG while now).
    So, Rollo, you still have not progressed this argument in nVidia's favour and the thread drags on with no relevant evidence being presented...
    Last edited by Zhaoman; 05-11-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

This whole thread is starting to repeat itself like some senile old codger!!

Groundhog day anyone??

As usual "enthusiasts" arguing over features which mean NOTHING to 99% of the market. This thread is getting so bad I wish that Intel could release Larabee soon so that all the fanbois could have a whinge at that instead!!
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 05-11-2009 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks

say the ATi fans, year after year
    "ATI fans"? I myself have said previously I was considering buying an nVidia card before I found out they were not as good as current ATI cards, new ones will be a long time arriving, and the anti-competitive practices which I do not agree with out of principle? Remember those, maybe you had them once. Go troll somewhere else, you're just making a fool of yourself with your pathetic snipes. I notice you are being paid to make them, you should be ashamed for being such a slimy little shill:

Someone said earlier about him being an nVidia employee, I did some research and seems it was true, he's even been banned from Anandtech (a larger forum that seems to be more popular than Hexus, though more America-centric) [emphasis below mine]:
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showthre...6#post28350029
    Dribble, Join Date: Aug 2005, Posts: 259:
    This argument any company *loves* its customer is rubbish. They are all ruled by the bottom line and their share holders. When it comes down to it all that matters is parting you from your money - it's the companies job to do so as efficiently as possible. The fact that anyone can think different just shows them to be a sucker for the PR department - or a paid up part of the PR department (if your name is Rollo).
    http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...=2#post1970353
    Shamrock, Join Date: Jul 2003, Posts: 2,532:
    Rollo is far worse than a troll. He is a member of the NVidia focus group. It's his job to undermine ATI, and tout NV.
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showthre...9#post28679169
    OneOfTheseDays, Join Date: Jan 2000, Posts: 5,866:
    It's really quite sad to see these NV focus group members on here. I think they are polluting this site and all of them should be banned like Rollo
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showthre...8#post28783098
    Sylvanas, Join Date: Jan 2004, Posts: 3,255:
    Why has he not been banned yet, it's worse than Rollo.
    http://wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

Quote Originally Posted by meltedrabbit View Post
    The funny thing is that it is already too late for nVidia, when the government or even any decent anti-trust lawyer files a suit they have been watching their target for years, have solid evidence, and even worse the case is nearly airtight at that point. The company being sued is in for it at that point, as they did do illegal things, and proving they did is easy at that point. The only thing left to do for a company in that situation is to apply political pressure, claim to be a victim, and personally attack those people who you wronged and that are now suing you.

Too bad there aren't criminal sanctions for the executives who authorized the illegal actions in the first place. It might make these trials end sooner, and would result in appeals taking a shorter amount of time if an underling pleads guilty to a lesser criminal charge and fingers their boss in the boss's criminal trial and the underling testifies in civil actions against the company. Anti-trust suits are of course civil actions in US federal law.
    I just hope the US and EU courts/their agents have been paying attention to what's been going on, as gaming is a more niche thing than processors in general like with Intel. Even if not, I think the evidence is enough for pretty much anyone who looks at the activities that have been going on to see.
    Last edited by Perfectionist; 05-11-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 1TB / 3 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps BT FTTH

Quote Originally Posted by RichardHuddy View Post
    It was not my intention to claim that DX11 is an AMD-only feature
    It is for the forseeable future

Banned
    Thanks

I notice you are being paid to make them, you should be ashamed for being such a slimy little shill:
    Hmmmm.

First you make accusations of NVIDIA bribing devs without evidence, now you make accusations my opinions are somehow compromised by "pay" you have no evidence I've received.

What's next?

Accusations that the government has wiretaps in every home without evidence? Bit of a conspiracy theorist aren't you?

My wife and I each make enough to pay for our properties and bills. It takes a little more than some review samples of video cards to buy my integrity.

You shouldn't make assumptions about those you don't know.

Your whole post is a personal attack and

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Holy crap, this thread is still going on with the strawman arguments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

It takes a little more than some review samples of video cards to buy my integrity.
    You'd need to have integrity to sell it in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information