Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News - Apple quietly upgrades its Mac Pro workstation

Thanks

Re: News - Apple quietly upgrades its Mac Pro workstation

Anyone know what hard drive apple actually uses? Because the hitachi saturn is only ~£120 retail.... in fact what other 2TB hard drive runs at 7200rpm with a 32MB cache?

Guy
    HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

On some of the MacPro's that have gone in on customer sites all the drives tended to have been Western Digital jobs.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    It is amazing how the right marketing campaign can turn your average joe into an expert on how Windows 7 is the new messiah.
    Well sod you too? What gave you that chip on your shoulder?

I wouldn't have pre-ordered 3 copies if I weren't absolutely sure it was the right product for me. Vista introduced better security but at the expense of speed. 7 has corrected the latter and added the excellent taskbar. I missed out on Vista on all of my systems, sticking with Ubuntu and XP until recently. It was a jump worth making to take my main workstation and primary laptop to 7 64-bit.

I shouldn't have to explain myself, but I'll post this in the hopes that others out there may agree... 7 is actually a good product? MS are capable of that? Yes, in fact they are, and right now Win7 is the best OS to run my major apps on including Ableton Live. Until Linux can do so, 7 will be my platform of choice.

Go back into your corner mister troll.
    -Casimir's Blake
    Psychedelic Tektoniks From The Berenices

Thanks
    • miniyazz's system
      • CPU:
      • Acer Aspire 8920G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Optoma HD700X projector @ c. 90"
      • Internet:
      • Really, really ****

Quote Originally Posted by chis View Post
    Well sod you too? What gave you that chip on your shoulder?

I wouldn't have pre-ordered 3 copies if I weren't absolutely sure it was the right product for me. Vista introduced better security but at the expense of speed. 7 has corrected the latter and added the excellent taskbar. I missed out on Vista on all of my systems, sticking with Ubuntu and XP until recently. It was a jump worth making to take my main workstation and primary laptop to 7 64-bit.

I shouldn't have to explain myself, but I'll post this in the hopes that others out there may agree... 7 is actually a good product? MS are capable of that? Yes, in fact they are, and right now Win7 is the best OS to run my major apps on including Ableton Live. Until Linux can do so, 7 will be my platform of choice.

Go back into your corner mister troll.
    Just to point out, that comment by Shaithis was in response to another's post regarding marketing, indirectly resulting from your earlier post, and therefore not necessarily directed at you.

The fact remains, marketing and press imagery has a huge impact on the layperson's perspective on how 'good' a product is - the Mojave project proves that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information