Thread: News - NZXT Hades chassis offers enthusiast features, mainstream price

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - NZXT Hades chassis offers enthusiast features, mainstream price

NZXT continues its relentless monthly roll out of high-end gamer-orientated chassis.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: News - NZXT Hades chassis offers enthusiast features, mainstream price

These things are coming along at the same rate as ATI drivers... :\

Another month, another God-awful looking chassis. Better than the previous ones, but that's like choosing your favourite wart.

I generally wouldn't buy a chassis based on aesthetics, but I'd certainly wouldn't buy one which would makes Bill Bailey look like a sex symbol.

Thanks
    • Ulti's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B550I Gaming Edge
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 32GB HyperX 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 1920GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti FE
      • PSU:
      • SilverStone SX500-LG V2.0
      • Case:
      • SSUPD Meshlicious
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Agon AG322QC4 31.5"
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 150Mb

Another brilliant case by NZXT in my opinion. Has everything the M59 has except a side window and the "ambient night light". Slightly wider too and heavier so that's a good thing.

Aethetics is always in the eye of the beholder so it's everyone's individual view. I've always loved red so I can't complain about it.

Lots of fans included too so that's good.

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

Isn't aesthetics completely moot in a case of this size though? I can see the point in nice compact mITX / mATX desktop cases where your computer is on display, but this thing's going to sit under a desk being relatively anonymous - makes me wonder why they go to so much effort styling the damn thing when they could just make a generic black box with a bit of mesh on the front (like my Dell Poweredge T105 that's currently warming my knees ) and probably increase their profit margins due to easier manufacturing processes!

That said, while the aesthetics wouldn't stop me buying this case, they would make me look for another alternative with similar features first! But it looks well featured for the price, and definitely worthy of consideration.

Registered+
    Thanks

looks similar to a cooler master 590

Thanks
    • Aerows's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GA-775
      • CPU:
      • Xeon Kentsfield @ 3.2
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 2TB split array RAID 0/RAID 5
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 260 216 OC'd
      • PSU:
      • 770 Watt modular
      • Case:
      • Centurion 590 w/ 6 Scythe 120mm fans
      • Operating System:
      • Vista x64/Debian custom
      • Monitor(s):
      • HannsG 28 inch
      • Internet:
      • 8800 Kbps/400 Kbps

Looks pretty awesome to me for my purposes. I have an NZXT case with a 240mm fan on the side that has supported an OC'd proc and a bunch of hard drives as a file server, and I'm actually moving it to the office because we need more storage there. This looks like a great new home to move into.

If you are planning on just running a normal PC, or need something in a quiet room with you, this probably isn't for you. If you care more about cooling and know that with multiple hard drives you already have a higher end cooling requirement, this is for you.

I am consistently stunned by people who disdain innovative tech without realizing that their purposes aren't universal. Nay say away, but you aren't the only person building a box because you aren't the only person who needs to use that box.

Thanks
    • Aerows's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GA-775
      • CPU:
      • Xeon Kentsfield @ 3.2
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 2TB split array RAID 0/RAID 5
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 260 216 OC'd
      • PSU:
      • 770 Watt modular
      • Case:
      • Centurion 590 w/ 6 Scythe 120mm fans
      • Operating System:
      • Vista x64/Debian custom
      • Monitor(s):
      • HannsG 28 inch
      • Internet:
      • 8800 Kbps/400 Kbps

Quote Originally Posted by asposium View Post
    looks similar to a cooler master 590

PS - For my own personal system, I use a Cooler Master 590. The CM590 screams quality when you put it together, and has a very rugged design. It's heavy as hell, but I don't move my desktop...well, ever. How loud it is depends on the type and number of fans you have in it.

There is no compromise on the important things, which is what I like about it. If I want to put a GTX 285 or a 5970 in there, I don't have to think twice about "will it fit"? It will.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aerows View Post
    I am consistently stunned by people who disdain innovative tech without realizing that their purposes aren't universal. Nay say away, but you aren't the only person building a box because you aren't the only person who needs to use that box.
    What's innovative about it?

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    These things are coming along at the same rate as ATI drivers... :\

Another month, another God-awful looking chassis. Better than the previous ones, but that's like choosing your favourite wart.

I generally wouldn't buy a chassis based on aesthetics, but I'd certainly wouldn't buy one which would makes Bill Bailey look like a sex symbol.
    I don't think it looks that bad I quite like it.

It's less gaudy than some of NZXT's other cases, given the choise of a 590 or a hades, Id go for the hades.

Looks like they taken thoes internals we've seen on a few cases recently (still don't know the oem ) but they've made it that little bit wider.
    So now they can squeeze a 200mm fan in the front and leave a bit more space for cable management.

Not amazingly innovative, but that's a very nicely laid out case, nice cooling, with a good selection of pre-fitted fans, all black paint job and all for just £60
    That's a nice package at a very good price

Note: dissapointed we've not been shown the hard drive cages, I'm assuming it uses cages, like the antec 900 or cm 590, as that's the most practable way to fit hard drives into 5.25" bays.

Thanks

I'm not sure about the cooling. I don't like these cases with huge side fans (the Xclios primarily, not so much on this case). The numbers just don't add up most of the time.

It's like taking a big hammer to something. It's much better to plan out the cooling and develop a system which actually works. The amount of air which comes in needs to roughly equate to the amount of air leaving. If there are more intakes than exhausts, then what's happening to that extra air? I grant that a juicy side fan will aid cooling in certain areas and ambient case temperature generally, but the physics say that there will inevitably be gaping hot spots on components not in the direct path of the majority of that air.

Even on those cases where the numbers do match up (and this is closer than most of these budget gaming cases), the side fan can only disrupt the flow of air from the front of the case, again leaving hotspots where air can't efficiently cool components.

There's a reason why the top cases don't have great honking side fans as standard - they don't work or merely make up for deficiencies in the cooling system elsewhere.

I grant you that the feature list is impressive for the price point, but the features themselves have to be well implemented for me to look at a case like this, and in the case (pun not intended) of the cooling, it doesn't appear to have been thought-through, as is often the case on cases claiming to be budget enthusiast cases.

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Gotta agree with gav here, the case is truly hideous. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    I'm not sure about the cooling. I don't like these cases with huge side fans (the Xclios primarily, not so much on this case). The numbers just don't add up most of the time.

It's like taking a big hammer to something. It's much better to plan out the cooling and develop a system which actually works. The amount of air which comes in needs to roughly equate to the amount of air leaving. If there are more intakes than exhausts, then what's happening to that extra air? I grant that a juicy side fan will aid cooling in certain areas and ambient case temperature generally, but the physics say that there will inevitably be gaping hot spots on components not in the direct path of the majority of that air.

Even on those cases where the numbers do match up (and this is closer than most of these budget gaming cases), the side fan can only disrupt the flow of air from the front of the case, again leaving hotspots where air can't efficiently cool components.

There's a reason why the top cases don't have great honking side fans as standard - they don't work or merely make up for deficiencies in the cooling system elsewhere.

I grant you that the feature list is impressive for the price point, but the features themselves have to be well implemented for me to look at a case like this, and in the case (pun not intended) of the cooling, it doesn't appear to have been thought-through, as is often the case on cases claiming to be budget enthusiast cases.
    While I do agree that a case with well laid out cooling is better than just sticking a big ass fan on the side and hopeing for the best (eg the xcilo propellor) having more intake than out take is not a bad thing in it's self, it's called a positive pressure design, the air will get pushed out through any gap or vent.
    The key is the flow through the case and avoiding hot spots, where hot air will get trapped.
    One of the key reasons for side fans is less of getting more air in and more of breaking up hot spots, esp around the graphics cards.

Granted a positive pressure layout don't tned to cool as well as a negative layout, but a clean layout is best of all.

You don't need much in the way of fans at the front of the case as there's not much at the front of the case that get's that hot.
    The main thing here is the hard drives, while they don't generate that much heat they are far more heat sensitive, so a front fan to blow over the hard drives and not let heat get trapped there is a good starting point.

The thing you do have to watch out for with a positive pressure layout is that you don't want clashing air flow, with the good example of just sticking a big assed fan on the side of a case, without carefully placed venting that air is going to be trying to push out of the front against the flow of a front intake fan, thus reduceing the efficency of a front fan, unless you flip it over to become an out take fan, however then you're drawing air flow away from the hot areas in the rear of the case.

However with this case and it's lower psu design and space for two top fans, means air will get drawn through the case.

Although saying that I'd prefur a smaller side fan just to break up the air around the graphics card than a big monster on the side just because there's space for it.

Thread Information