Thread: News - MSI refreshes GX-series gaming notebooks with Intel's Core i5 processor

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - MSI refreshes GX-series gaming notebooks with Intel's Core i5 processor

GX740 and GX640 on route to UK stores armed with a 2.26GHz Intel Core i5 430M processor and ATI Radeon HD 5800-series graphics.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • FoxdieUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P55
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760 @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 8gb DDR3 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 1tb 7200rpm 64mb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x Asus 6870 crossfire
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 335
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 home premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq 24' LED backlit
      • Internet:
      • 20mb Virgin Fibre

Re: News - MSI refreshes GX-series gaming notebooks with Intel's Core i5 processor

As an owner of a MSI GT725 im glad to see the concept moving forward. However, one of the novelty features i adore on my current laptop is the Turbo feature. I would keen to see whether or not this feature exist on this, and what pressing it achieves.

Thanks
    • superscaper's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI GT725
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 P9500
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 500 GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Mobility HD4850
      • PSU:
      • 120W
      • Case:
      • MSI GT725
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Re: News - MSI refreshes GX-series gaming notebooks with Intel's Core i5 processor

Quote Originally Posted by FoxdieUK View Post
    As an owner of a MSI GT725 im glad to see the concept moving forward. However, one of the novelty features i adore on my current laptop is the Turbo feature. I would keen to see whether or not this feature exist on this, and what pressing it achieves.
    Just to add I also own a GT725 and love it. Would be very happy buying MSI laptop again. In contrast to the reviews I actually really like the touch sensitive buttons and find them extremely useful. And the video review here http://tv.hexus.net/show/2009/02/Tar...the_MSI_GT725/ is absolute nonsense in relation to the buttons and the lightest graze is registered by the button as opposed to the claim "it has to be jabbed hard".

Super Nerd
    Thanks

Doubt it given that the i5 already has built in turbo in order to maximise itself within TDP...

I'm rather fed up of Gaming = Garish/Tacky... no doubt the "gaming bag" is a monstrosity. Why can't we have gaming laptops with a sleek black minimalist colour scheme, or some nice brushed aluminium...

Registered+
    Thanks
    • FoxdieUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P55
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760 @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 8gb DDR3 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 1tb 7200rpm 64mb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x Asus 6870 crossfire
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 335
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 home premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq 24' LED backlit
      • Internet:
      • 20mb Virgin Fibre

While the colours weren't my first choice by a long shot, it has grown on me. And in the flesh is much better than any picture i've seen yet. The core "black bits" are a black anodised brushed ali effect which really helps elevate the quality feel of the laptop. There are negative of course. The touch pads wears easily and the red painted trim wears off around the LCD where it touches the base when closed. Neither of which i've experienced persoanlly but have been reported on community site.

The bag is actually VERY good quality. With gel filled back cushions and custom pockets and good quality rip-tear material. In fact i would say the bag in comparrision is better than the lappy in comparrison.

The mouse however was great until it stopped working, which was promptly replaced, then broke, then replaced, then broke - Until i haven't been arsed replacing a third time instead going back to my ol'faithfull wired Intelli-explorer.

Thanks
    • superscaper's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI GT725
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 P9500
      • Memory:
      • 4 GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 500 GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Mobility HD4850
      • PSU:
      • 120W
      • Case:
      • MSI GT725
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64

The mouse however was great until it stopped working, which was promptly replaced, then broke, then replaced, then broke - Until i haven't been arsed replacing a third time instead going back to my ol'faithfull wired Intelli-explorer.
    Strange. I've never had a problem with the mouse and I've had my laptop for about a year and use it as my main computer (and almost always use the MSI mouse with it).

Thread Information