Thread: News - Apple good, PC World bad in Which? retail survey

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Apple good, PC World bad in Which? retail survey

UK consumer mag surveys its readers about their retail experiences and DSGi still has a lot of work to do.
    Read more.

Formerly known as Andehh Andeh13's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Andeh13's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250gb Western Digital AAKS, 2 x 500gb Western Digital AAKS, 1TB WD Caviar Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG Geforce 8800GTS 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" & Sony 17"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 10mb... hate them!

Re: News - Apple good, PC World bad in Which? retail survey

Good to see Richersounds up there, they have always impressed me thoroughly!

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Who believes which? Surveys now a days?. Im confused how Apple manage to get high up on the scoring because tbh they are terrible where i am, i go in and am bombarded and just walk out .

Cant dis morrisons though! That is my neighbor, I never had a problem with Morrisons support an example would be that their cheap cooked ham was WAY too salty and was hard to consume, went down and they gave me another one with no fuss. Their self scanning service for some reason stole my money ~£5 but after telling the staff member by the machine he promptly sorted it for me within 2 minutes (he had to open the machine etc).

The thing with these surveys is that everyone has their own opinions, im not saying they arent valid its just off set alot of the time. Customer service too me is getting a relatively unbiased support, generally when I go in say O2 or Apple (not often!) they will flog how much better they are vs X Y and Z, however stores like B&Q i go in asking would this material be suitable for certain application and am told yes or no (with alternative) and most of the time, they tell me that a competitor is cheaper! I do tend to research pricing before i go instore so its nice to know im not getting lied to .

Richersounds is also a great retailer, so its not suprising they are joint first with their helpful staff/competitive pricing and the best is their warranty! So cheap and useful, if you dont use it then you are refunded it which too me is just a nice gesture.

I dont know where this post is going.... ive just had "good" experiences with the retailers that actually are further down the ratings. Would be nice if Which? Said where the locations where, because voters from say London could have voted PC world as utter ****e but then people in Plymouth could have voted very postively and so it means that staff are to blame, I.E would be much better guide to people... I dont have an IKEA near me so that shop is useless lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks12 View Post
    Who believes which? Surveys now a days?
    Have to agree. As an ex-Which? subscriber I decided to leave because the reports ended up being so dumbed down and generic they were effectively meaningless. Also, they make very little effort to actually verify claims that retailers/manufacturers make about their products and services.

ilh
    Thanks

Good job I wasn't on the survey. Looking through the list the only ones that would be ranked highly of the places i've been to would be Asda, Toys R Us and Schuh (when they have my dunlops). As for the others, any shop which has someone come and ask me if i'm alright or whatever gets immediately ranked down in my books. Same for shops which have 3 products in a massive floor space or 3 inches of floor space and a massive amount of products. The rest are a rip off, don't have any sort of decent selection in their respective products or are just full of chumps (staff and customers).

Thanks

Who believes which? Surveys now a days?.
    I have only ever read *one* Which? survey before, on ISPs, and it had O2 taking the most awards, and TalkTalk somewhere in the bottom (except for the meaningless 'ease of understanding the bills' or something like that). Given that it corresponds to my own experience, it lends credibility for me.

Besides, it doesn't surprise me at all that Apple Stores are well ranked despite never setting foot in one in this country (yet several times in Tokyo). Like it, hate it, if the survey are based on customers, the 'Apple factor' will probably play a hand in raising the score.

And that's ignoring genuine instances of customer satisfaction which I know exists too. And if I am also wondering how the questionnaire questions were formed. The one of the ISP had many more tables and 'customer score' is just really vague.

Thanks
    • Bunjiweb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte UD
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom X4 955 @ 3.6GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 2950GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 550 Ti OC
      • Case:
      • Alienware 7500
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" HannsG HG281D
      • Internet:
      • Virgin V.I.P. 60mb

I agree with some of the comments here, If people think that Which is still as honest and independent as it used to be then they are sadly deluded. Which seem to have some very bizarre opinions these days and I'm sure there is money changing hands where it used to be totally impartial.

I think these surveys do not give the full picture and I fully agree with this:

I dont know where this post is going.... ive just had "good" experiences with the retailers that actually are further down the ratings. Would be nice if Which? Said where the locations where, because voters from say London could have voted PC world as utter ****e but then people in Plymouth could have voted very postively and so it means that staff are to blame, I.E would be much better guide to people.
    Ben
    =========
    NOTHING TO BE SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG PLEASE....

:: of all the things i've lost i miss my mind the most ::

Registered+
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: News - Apple good, PC World bad in Which? retail survey

With an average of around 180 people per store, it's hardly a large sample size is it to judge a stores service throughout the UK!

To properly judge a survey we need to know total sample size, the questionnaire and where the people asked were.

Their age and sex makes a huge difference too.

Thread Information