Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News - Apple iPhone 4 pre-orders top 600,000 in a single day

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Apple iPhone 4 pre-orders top 600,000 in a single day

High pre-order price no concern for would-be owners.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

Re: News - Apple iPhone 4 pre-orders top 600,000 in a single day

*facepalm*
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Temi_D's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Pro Turbo
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q9650 @ 4.0GHz stockvolts
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 2GB Corsair XMS2 Pro
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F3 1TB, 2x500GB F3 (RAID 0)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gainward HD4870 1GB Golden Sample
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower New 650W
      • Case:
      • NZXT Tempest
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hannspree 23" 1080p

WOW! I admire Apple's ability to enslave people

Thanks

I just don't get this.....expensive, locked in, overhyped and not that great a product!
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

actually this is the first one worth actually buying!

At the time the screen on the original was crap, and it was never EVER refreshed, the distance between glass + display was also abysmal.

They also claim to have fixed the battery life.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    I just don't get this.....expensive, locked in, overhyped and not that great a product!
    Expensive? Probably, HTC will set you back around £400-£500 so not that much of a difference...
    Locked in? Deffo but most people don't care, they are consumers not technology freaks.
    Overhyped? A lot would argue all day long that featured are great, others would say they're about the same as on other smartphones.
    Not that great product? Partially as above, sales/pre-order would prove most of people wrong?

My missus has one and she just loves it, I'd probably don't get one.

Thanks
    • cameronlite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Twin Frozr AMD 5850 1GB
      • PSU:
      • XILENCE 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li P50r AMD Limited Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Professional 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 243W 24", HP LA2405 24", Dell 2405 24"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin - 30Mb

Not that great product? Partially as above, sales/pre-order would prove most of people wrong
    That doesn't actually make it a good product, it just means that the zombies were thrown a fresh 'half mangled body', and they couldnt resist.

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks

Actually, the iPhone 4 looks like the real deal to me. I am fervently Anti-Apple, i hate thier evangilistic marketing style and hate their lack of openness in development technology and i hate Objective C. I hate white. The iPad is stupid its only as capable as an iTouch iPod but you cant fit it in your pocket.

I work with phones every day its my job, and i have to say the Touch method is definitely the superior in the market.

I will be getting an iPhone 4, with the improved resolution, HD video play and Record, Touch, Wifi, Bluetooth, multi tasking (email polling and phone calling at the same time who'd have thought it possible), battery life. I am savy enough to not get locked to iTunes so im going for it.
    Last edited by Purple; 17-06-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks

I love how Apple haters seem to think they know best, it's beginning to do my nut in & I've writtten lenghty replies to these idiots then decided not to post as it's nothing more than trolling (IMO)

Some people (like me) get exactly what they need from an iphone & don't wait in line for days & pay stupid prices for them, some people do. Some people also pay £200 for a pair of jeans or whatever their favourite 'brand item' is, phones are no different so get over it. If the specs were no better than a Nokia 3210 then fair enough, but they're not, the specs are good there are just other phones out there with features/specs that are better (but then probably also have worse ones at the same time) plus you get the higher costs associated with a globally popular brand (as with any branded item eg clothes, phones, sunglasses, perfumes etc etc)

NB/
    - Fanboys are just as bad as haters (for all products)
    - I own an iPhone 3G & am changing shortly, I might get an iPhone4, I might get a Desire, I might wait for WinPhone7, it's my money & I'll do whatever the hell I like with it...

Thanks
    • Phage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII
      • CPU:
      • 3800x
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb @ 3600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 512Gb + 2Tb Samsung 860
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 850w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define 7
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1

I'd actually like some advice.
    I've been put off by the 3gs lack of a camera, SE lack of reliability, Android lack of apps.

The iphone4 looks perfect - just too damn expensive. If my needs in order were

1) Voice
    2) Camera
    3) email

What is the best way to go ?
    Society's to blame,
    Or possibly Atari.

Super Nerd
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I will be getting an iPhone 4, with the improved resolution, HD video play and Record, Touch, Wifi, Bluetooth, multi tasking (email polling and phone calling at the same time who'd have thought it possible), battery life. I am savy enough to not get locked to iTunes so im going for it.
    If you work with phones for a living you should know that there are many on the market that have had those features for a while now with many doing it better (multitasking), the iPhone 4 is hardly groundbreaking. The single feature it has over competitors is a higher screen resolution, how much effect this will have is arguable, unzoomed web pages will be tiny on that size of screen for example.

Aside from the smug marketing and the dickheads I meet daily who whip their iPhone out thinking that they should instantly get some kind of respect for owning them (hello, Tesco sell them) the thing that puts me off about iPhones so much is the price, you pay high contract costs and then have to keep paying for those apps etc, it's an expensive business and don't think it's worth it...

You hate Apple, but you have been won over by their old school features that you could have had months/years ago from HTC or the like for a lot less money... errr OK.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    I'd actually like some advice.
    I've been put off by the 3gs lack of a camera, SE lack of reliability, Android lack of apps.

The iphone4 looks perfect - just too damn expensive. If my needs in order were

1) Voice
    2) Camera
    3) email

What is the best way to go ?
    Well, iPhones have never been known for great call quality. 'Android' is a tricky definition of a phone as there are multiple hardware configurations out there using it some bad, some good, some great!
    We know the iPhone 4s specs & they won't change for a year until iPhone5, as for Android, well HTC/etc could release anything at any time with killer specs so it would depend on your budget & when you want to make the purchase.

Can someone in the know clarify something? iPhone apps/iTunes purchases can be transferred when you get your next iPhone but of course not to any other platform. If you purchase something on Android is it locked to your phone or could you purchase a different phone from a different manufacturer & transfer your purchases over to it?

Thanks
    • cameronlite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Twin Frozr AMD 5850 1GB
      • PSU:
      • XILENCE 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li P50r AMD Limited Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Professional 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 243W 24", HP LA2405 24", Dell 2405 24"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin - 30Mb

Some people also pay £200 for a pair of jeans or whatever their favourite 'brand item' is
    Ive never seen people queue for jeans on their first day of release!

You are correct though, Fanboys are just as bad as haters. I hate the way people flock blindly towards Apple products, but I don't hate Apple products. I just wish people wake up and realise that there are other things out there, some better, some not.

I will shortly add this to my signiture.

Besides, Apple should have lost its 'cool' factor when they became popular. Now millions of people own them, it's not so wow. EVERYBODY has seen the lightsaber app - some people still think it's cool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingpotnoodle View Post
    If you work with phones for a living you should know that there are many on the market that have had those features for a while now with many doing it better (multitasking), the iPhone 4 is hardly groundbreaking. The single feature it has over competitors is a higher screen resolution, how much effect this will have is arguable, unzoomed web pages will be tiny on that size of screen for example.

Aside from the smug marketing and the dickheads I meet daily who whip their iPhone out thinking that they should instantly get some kind of respect for owning them (hello, Tesco sell them) the thing that puts me off about iPhones so much is the price, you pay high contract costs and then have to keep paying for those apps etc, it's an expensive business and don't think it's worth it...

You hate Apple, but you have been won over by their old school features that you could have had months/years ago from HTC or the like for a lot less money... errr OK.
    That's your opinion & you're entitled to it (although generalising millions & millions of users under 1 heading isn't wise & doesn't help your arguement)
    The issue is this, many phones do certain things better, you're comparing 1 phone to hundreds of others, I'd be more surprised if one phone didn't do something better than it. You need to compare all phones to all others as a whole, would you say the Palm Pre is better than the iPhone 4 on the sole basis that it handles multi-tasking better? I'd agree with the statement "Palm Pre is better than iPhone 4 at multi-tasking" but I would say the iPhone 4 is a better phone.

You seem to say that a high res screen is a negative thing, would you say that if HTC came out with a phone with the same res? The specs could & in my opinion should be better for the price, but they're not, yet they still sell by the million, it offers a branded, pretty powerful, reasonably simple interface with thousands of applications/games/music at the touch of a button which is what a lot of people want, it is their decision to pay the premium for it.

There will always be idiots flauting their new phones & using them as a status symbol, as I almost-kinda hinted at previously that is the same for all branded products, those people wearing rubbishrubbishrubbish boots or driving a Ferrari or wearing Chanel No5. You just have to live with that, take the blinkers off as it isn't the sole realm of iPhone users to brag.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronlite View Post
    Ive never seen people queue for jeans on their first day of release!
    Very true, but you get the idea

You are correct though, Fanboys are just as bad as haters. I hate the way people flock blindly towards Apple products, but I don't hate Apple products. I just wish people wake up and realise that there are other things out there, some better, some not. .
    Do you know for a fact that they haven't done research, weighed up costs, compared hundreds of phones & decided the iPhone suits them best? You can't have as that's what I did when I bought my 3G, I rarely make impulse purchases, I get buyer's remorse far too often & when it came to a phone I researched for weeks before settling on it

Besides, Apple should have lost its 'cool' factor when they became popular. Now millions of people own them, it's not so wow. EVERYBODY has seen the lightsaber app - some people still think it's cool.
    True, kinda funny that!

Thanks
    • jimborae's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 9700K@4.7Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Team Group DDR-3000 32Gig
      • Storage:
      • 1x Samsung 870 Evo 500Gb SSD, 1 x WD Red 4TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT watercooled
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W Black Edition
      • Case:
      • Phantek Enthoo Prime
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 xDell 24"
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet 70Mb

Quote Originally Posted by spoon_ View Post
    Expensive? Probably, HTC will set you back around £400-£500 so not that much of a difference...
    ............ I'd probably don't get one.
    Sim free HTC Desire £350
    Sim free Apple iPhone 4 £499-599

So actually quite a large difference in price. But I still love the look/style of the new iPhone, just not the o/s & business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_B View Post

Can someone in the know clarify something? iPhone apps/iTunes purchases can be transferred when you get your next iPhone but of course not to any other platform. If you purchase something on Android is it locked to your phone or could you purchase a different phone from a different manufacturer & transfer your purchases over to it?
    You can transfer purchases over to a new android phone that's a different make & model very easily via the google Market. In fact it's much easier & more reliable than the Apple way of doing it where I lost all of my paid for apps when I tried to restore the phone.

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingpotnoodle View Post
    Like I said I work with phones and get to play with most of them as they are released. I never said those features are new it is just that the iPhone 4 has now caught up with other devices and is on equal pegging in terms of tech and better for interface and consumables (both quantity and ease of distribution). Its not my fault that suddenly a company I dislike has suddenly made a product I do like.

Dont make me argue a point further please it makes me feel dirty to peddle Apple. Microsoft4Eva

edit: Microsoft Mobile is terrible, terrible, terrible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information