Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Features - Gran Turismo 5 - Real-life vs In-Game

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Features - Gran Turismo 5 - Real-life vs In-Game

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Hmm, and i don't know what i'm talking about.
    Lol you laughable, where are your sourses? I'm being critisised you havn't posted a single link!
    If you had bothered to pay attention you would have seen that I posted a link on my second post (1st page) but it doesn't show up as a link due to my low post count and not being allowed to post a URL. Now who's the idiot not paying attention to what he reads.

But hey, I'll re-post it for you.
    http://kotaku.com/5565396/gran-turis...oo-much-detail

Like I said before, your last link has no sources at all, it is not credible. I could start a blog and post my opinions..... does that make it fact? No. Show me the sources saying that it is 100% confirmed...... doesn't exist.

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by liquidsk8s View Post
    If you had bothered to pay attention you would have seen that I posted a link on my second post (1st page) but it doesn't show up as a link due to my low post count and not being allowed to post a URL. Now who's the idiot not paying attention to what he reads.

But hey, I'll re-post it for you.
    http://kotaku.com/5565396/gran-turis...oo-much-detail

Like I said before, your last link has no sources at all, it is not credible. I could start a blog and post my opinions..... does that make it fact? No. Show me the sources saying that it is 100% confirmed...... doesn't exist.
    Well, if it didn't show up. I didn't miss it did i

But again, that tells us nothing about interiors other than the 200 are going to be lovely. Nowhere does it say about the interiors of the 800 cars. Typical of the reviews from E3 so far, no info on the bulk of the game they've just been looking at the best parts of it.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    Your trying to tell me that after 5 years they would have in game cockpit view but not for replays

Also on the providence front, how do you expect any of us to have first hand information when, to the best of my knowledge, none of us were in PD's behind closed doors demo. Again, Kotaku's japanese may not be as good as some think and could be wrong compared to other sources, or would you prefer it if i called them non-Kotaku gaming sites ?
    They don't have interior view in replays...... but they have damage (scrapes/paint damage) doesn't make a lot of sense does it. But rendering the cockpits to be seen from outside would take a lot longer, they probably viewed it as lower priority in relation to damage effects and cockpit view.

My point about doing research is to go to someone who has first hand knowledge. This means reading articles from those that were actually there at E3 for the demo...... not some site that has linked to them and offered their own opinion.

Is it possible Kotaku messed up their translation? Sure anythings possible, but I find it more probable that Eurogamer messed up when you compare the details that kotaku went into vs the lack of details from eurogamer regarding interior views. Kotakus article also fits with all of the original thinking and talk from polyphony that all of the cars would have interior views.

Logic

Registered+
    Thanks

Well, if it didn't show up. I didn't miss it did i
    Actually it did show up and you did miss it. See it told me I couldn't post a URL so I removed the http and provided the link with instructions to add the http

They made a mistake in their translation, which has been common with GT5 news. In the past there was the misconception that there would be only 20 tracks, with 3-4 versions of each track. This of course didn't make sense because we've had 40-60 tracks in each version of GT. The problem was they translated everything wrong. Polyphony stated there would be 20 locations, this meant countries, not tracks. 20 countries, each with multiple tracks amounting to around 70 tracks total.

For instance, in GT5P we have over 70 cars including crappy cars like the Suzuki Cappuccino, all of which have full interiors........are we to believe that the Suzuki Cappuccino is one of the 200 premium models? No, but what we can see is a lack of detail in the Suzuki Cappuccino interior when compared with the premium models.

Here is an article talking about the standard vs premium. And as we can see, the Mustang GT is listed as a standard car....... yet in Prologue it had a full interior. It then explains the differences of the interiors between the premium/standard.
    kotaku.com/5565396/gran-turismo-5-might-have-too-much-detail

PS add the http, I'm new and it wont let me post links.
    But again, that tells us nothing about interiors other than the 200 are going to be lovely. Nowhere does it say about the interiors of the 800 cars. Typical of the reviews from E3 so far, no info on the bulk of the game they've just been looking at the best parts of it.
    Somebody failed at reading again......

"The Standard cars apparently won't have the exact interior modeling. For example, an Enzo's interior will look like the real deal, but your typical Mustang's will look like exactly like Mustang's."

This means they will have interiors, just not EXACT interiors. GTplanet recently contacted Kotaku for clarification, if that meant that all 1000 cars would have interiors, and they replied "yes".

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Actually it did show up and you did miss it. See it told me I couldn't post a URL so I removed the http and provided the link with instructions to add the http

Somebody failed at reading again......

"The Standard cars apparently won't have the exact interior modeling. For example, an Enzo's interior will look like the real deal, but your typical Mustang's will look like exactly like Mustang's."

This means they will have interiors, just not EXACT interiors. GTplanet recently contacted Kotaku for clarification, if that meant that all 1000 cars would have interiors, and they replied "yes".
    So post the link to GT planet rather than waffling on rubbish for god knows how many posts. Were after information after all. But the kotaku link is the same as everywhere else, no info so where not getting anywhere with finding out new info.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

The only source I need will be on or before November the 5th.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    The only source I need will be on or before November the 5th.
    This will truly be the end of all debates on anything with GT5...... apart from DLC of course. Unless Kaz decides to be clear on everything at gamescon in 2 months where he promised to spill every detail about the game. Thoughts on this involve tuning/track editor/online/DLC and god knows what else he has hidden.

So post the link to GT planet rather than waffling on rubbish for god knows how many posts. Were after information after all. But the kotaku link is the same as everywhere else, no info so where not getting anywhere with finding out new info.
    No the Kotaku link isn't the same as they CLEARLY mention that the standard cars will have a cockpit view. And here is the link, though it just says the same info I said a second ago, it's only Kotaku's response that there will be cockpit views for everything.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128532

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

This will truly be the end of all debates on anything with GT5...... apart from DLC of course. Unless Kaz decides to be clear on everything at gamescon in 2 months where he promised to spill every detail about the game. Thoughts on this involve tuning/track editor/online/DLC and god knows what else he has hidden.

No the Kotaku link isn't the same as they CLEARLY mention that the standard cars will have a cockpit view. And here is the link, though it just says the same info I said a second ago, it's only Kotaku's response that there will be cockpit views for everything.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128532

The Kotaku link was nigh on a copy and paste of other articles and gave no information away at all. But at least we now have the GT planet link. It starts to shed some light on this finally

Well see come November anyways.

Registered+
    Thanks

The Kotaku link was nigh on a copy and paste of other articles and gave no information away at all. But at least we now have the GT planet link. It starts to shed some light on this finally

Well see come November anyways.
    Copy and paste?? They were there at E3, and they said every car has cockpit view. But hey, keep reading those opinion pieces you posted

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Copy and paste?? They were there at E3, and they said every car has cockpit view. But hey, keep reading those opinion pieces you posted
    Read again.
    was nigh on a copy and paste
    Do i really need to explain that.....again...
    As in every gaming company, magazine ect all looked at the same portion of the game, and all came away with almost identical reviews. I know they were there, as were the others. But where they've all seen the same thing they've all written the same thing.
    My god it's like banging your head against a brick wall.......not literally, don't 'quote' me on that lol.

Registered+
    Thanks

Read again.

Do i really need to explain that.....again...
    As in every gaming company, magazine ect all looked at the same portion of the game, and all came away with almost identical reviews. I know they were there, as were the others. But where they've all seen the same thing they've all written the same thing.
    My god it's like banging your head against a brick wall.......not literally, don't 'quote' me on that lol.
    Yes but some also have been able to ask questions. Point being that eurogamer is the only one that has come out and said there were no interior views....... none of the others mention it other than Kotaku who said there are interiors.

This leads me to believe that all of the other mags viewed it as there being interior cockpits and thus they didn't even mention it...... or eurogamer had there own private meeting.

Head banging against a brick wall...... that's how I feel talking to you..... logic > you

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

LOL @ all of you bickering like 10 year olds.

Anyway's from what i have read, its not set in stone that there is no cockpit views/interiors in standard cars but in gamescom aka liepzig, GT5 will apparently be revealed fully with every little detail announced including track and car lists so just wait until august 22nd i think its on for some hard evidence straight out of PD's mouth.

imo i still cannot see ANY sense at all to not have interiors and cockpit views on all 1000 cars.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

I won't link back to the other thread then Josh where you and others were visibly upset someone had some questions about GT5.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

HSK
    Thanks
    • HSK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87-Pro Socket 1150 DVI HDMI DisplayPort 8-channel Audio ATX Motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz Socket 1150 8MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LP Memory CML16GX3M2A1600C9 16GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache X 2 + Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Point Of View 8800GTS 512mb PCIE DVI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Professional AX860 Fully Modular 80 PLUS Platinum 860W PSU
      • Case:
      • Corsair Graphite 600T Mesh Black Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 69cm (27")
      • Internet:
      • Plus.net

yea c'mon fellas, it's abit much now :-P

seen, but not often heard
    Thanks

just to make a point about the Porsche- didnt one of the GTs, 2 or 3? have RUFs, which where Porsches, but not?

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

Yep, I remember the RUFs. Had a sky-blue one bombing around in GT3 I think.

I don't remember much of GT2, so I doubt it's from that, and the image of the RUF in my head is much too finely detailed as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information